Chapter 11

Hands and Leaves.

"I can't read"

"You can't... read?" said Raina confused "You can't read?" she repeated.

"No, I can't. Do we have to repeat it to each other like this?"

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just... surprised"

"Plants don't go to school"

"That's right. But, wait, then.." she stopped and went to look for a bottle, "would you drink this?" Nana barely took it and gave it back to Raina almost immediately.

"Hell, no! That would kill me in an instant"

"How do you know if you can't read the warnings?"

"I'm a plant, I have other senses to know what's dangerous for me or not. That bottle has a particular substance that would burn me"

"Definitely, it's chlorine" Raina said nodding before putting the bottle back. "So, you guide yourself by your senses alone..." added in a calm voice.

"Yeah, for example, those guys over there, seemed to me like a cocktail of hormones and chemicals, they didn't only have some things that would have damaged me, but their emotions alone disturbed me a little... I felt overwhelmed and a bit anxious."

"So, you're with me because it's just me and not a group?"

"No, you're different. You have a familiar smell since you spend so much time around my kind." Nana shrugged and titled her head before adding "The only moment when you smell different is when we get like this..." she said getting really close to Raina who blushed almost instantly, "Sometimes when I say words regarding my safety and whatever reveals that I feel good with you." she added in a whisper.

"H-How do I...?" 

"Smell?" Nana looked to her sides searching for something "Like that" she pointed at the little table where a chocolate was on top.

"Chocolate?"

"So, that's its name. Well, you smell like that when we're like this. There's a substance that's present on both that and your pheromones. That's how I know you like me."

Raina froze, she was completely caught off guard, then opened many times to say something without success. Nana added "Well, I don't think there's a rule in our kingdom that doesn't allow us to mate" Raina's eyebrows started to raise in both confusion and shock "after all, we're always evolving somehow when we need it" Nana took Raina's arms and extended them, adding in a casual —almost innocent— tone. "And you look in good conditions". Raina made an annoyed sound and went back to put her journal on the desk before sitting on the chair.

"May I know at least what says there?"

Raina sighed "It's about you, and... how I was asked by a friend to study you in a descriptive way"

Nana frowned "so, you're gonna be like that Dr. Park now?"

"No" she replied seriously "I told her many times I won't do it, even if that implies that I'm gonna miss the biggest thing for a botanist. I know it's not running tests, they're just writings on what do you do, what do you like, no instruments or anything like that. Only documenting your life. But.. you're starting to get along with us humans, I don't want to ruin that.., that growth."

"So you won't do it."

"Only if you ask me or allow it, but not without your consentment or permission. You're a living being and you should be treated with respect." she sighed and added "That's what I think."

Nana stood still for a few seconds before moving over where she was, "Stand up" Raina did so and was surprised by a hug from the super plant, one she corresponded. But this hug was not any common hug, Nana roamed her hands up and down Raina's back, then she traced her body with her fingers, slowly. The human girl's breathing and body started to shake a little "W-What are you doing?"

"Exploring you" Raina blushed and made to say "It's just a hug, right?" Nana stopped "Hug?"

"You know, this." pointed out Raina, looking lovingly at her eyes.

"No, I'm recognizing your body to mate later" Raina opened her eyes wide "Argh, you're so... ugh!" she said before separating from her.

"What do you think it was for, human?" Nana asked annoyed at Raina's attitude.

"Hugs are for showing affection! Not for taking advantage or anything! That's what we humans do!" Raina said before going out of the room, throwing the door loud at her back.

 


A/N: @Pandazstyle Thank you so so so much for your comment and for suscribing! I hope you like this update too! ^^