Chapter 16

Hands and Leaves.

 

 

Next day, Nana woke up earlier than Raina, she sat on the sofa where the girl was sleeping the previous day and turned her eyes to the petite figure of the human female in front of her, looking at her, observing her, contemplating her as if it was a big mystery to solve.

I want to know you. But how? It's not like I actually feel.

Nana frowned, she couldn't tell if there were any feelings from her towards Raina, but two things were clear to her: she felt safe and didn't want to be away from her. Whenever the idea of Raina leaving crossed her mind, it provoked a change in her breathing that she barely could handle. She still needed to learn a few things from humans, but she also thought once in a while that also needed to know herself, and why some of her features felt incomplete.

Fortunately, she could also count with Eunji to clear the paths she couldn't clear herself, or at least get the clues on how to do it.

Between thoughts, Raina woke up and gave a lazy smile to Nana, who somehow had to look away.

Since when do I have to look away? It's not like she's disgusting her breathing somehow accelerated, she looked again at Raina who was now looking at her confused Alright, I admit it, she's a beautiful human being and I have no idea why that annoys me.

**

Raina and Nana got ready on the next minutes before going out of the dorms and straight to school, that day was supposed to be their last class of the year. Or at least it was Raina's.

"Finally! It's over!" Raina exclaimed feeling her motion reciprocated by Uee.

"I thought we would never be over. Oh! by the way, you still working on tomorrow's event?" asked Uee

"Yes, I am"

"Great, I'll be there. Nana's so getting my vote" she said before turning to the super plant to flash a smile. "Well, I shall leave you now. I'd like to swim a little"

"Okay, take care"

"You too!" she said before disappearing from the classroom.

Raina turned to Nana, "Well, I guess it's now turn to check on the last details for the event" then smiled cheesily at her. Nana limited to nod with her usual serious expression and stood up to go with Raina over the auditorium, when two guys came running to her.

"Raina! You gotta see this"

**

"What...?!" Raina couldn't believe it, "What happened here?!" she said looking at the whole arc of Nana's roses destroyed.

"We came here and found it like this" a boy said.

She examinated the area, up and down, steps went and came, fingers traced the fallen decoration before finally speaking up again "We still got some material, go find it. Also, bring the roses that weren't used, we're replacing these, try to see if a few can be took up again. We don't have much time, but I know we can do this."

The students somehow found themselves enough motivated by Raina's words to go back to work. They started running out of the auditorium, to search for materials, some went to look the other students for help.

Raina's eyes went back to the roses, she picked one, covered in dirt, it lost most of its petals, then turned to Nana "I'm sorry. These beautiful roses were your work" she stared at her with a sad smile before adding "We'll do it again, this time we'll make it better. We'll do it by ourselves." and with that she retired from the auditorum to work with the other students.

Nana went up to the stage, she didn't know why, but she just felt like going up. From there, she watched all the students, cheering up each other, laughing, shedding a few tears of frustration, working.

While doing her observation, she saw something flying towards her, it was a butterfy. A laugh distracted her, but then it was impossible to not pay attention to the previous detail.

Oh no, not again Nana gradually panicked when finding herself unable to move.

Suddenly, a whisper reached her ears "These insects really work, don't they?" before being able to move again, searching for the source.

The butterfly disappeared.

**

Night fell and Nana looked at all the students tired, sleeping on their chairs. Raina still working on the roses, battling sleep to take on her eyes. She felt steps from behind and noticed Nana, next to her. "You should go to the dorms, I'll stay he-" she made to say before falling asleep, by the effect of a powder from the super plant.

**

When Raina woke up next morning, she heard shouts of joy, so she decided to go and see what happened.

The arc of roses was up the stage again.

"Did you see it, Raina?"

"Yeah, you guys worked fast" said the girl in surprise.

"No, we didn't. It was Nana" a group of boys pointed at the super plant, who was sitting on a chair drinking a can of orange soda.

Raina went to check the new arc of roses, and realized the authenticity of these. The work of the super plant was more beautiful this time. She walked towards Nana, until standing behind her "You didn't have to do it"

"I know. But isn't happiness what every human wants?" Nana replied looking at the group of happy students.

 


A/N: Merry Christmas, everyone! and for those who don't celebrate the festivity, hope your day was awesome. ^^