When your toddler runs around the halls in the apartments, hiding, then daddy Simba comes and grabs her

At 5576 Lodging: Scenario Requests Open!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For HipsterBabe

 

Unit 204 of 5576 Lodging has been occupied by the Kim family for the past 2 years. You could consider them fairly new residents, considering how most of the other tenants have stayed there for more than 5 years already. Kim Youngjin, the head of the family, had doubts about the apartment at first, because it was an old one – its white paint sometimes looking a little yellow – and it was a small one – it had only 4 floors. His wife, Suyung, had to pester her husband a whole heap just to get him to agree to move away from their small, rundown home in the province and settle permanently in Seoul. It was a good thing she did, because Youngjin and Suyung, along with their 4-year-old daughter, Minlee, had so far been loving their brand new life in the city.

There was that one time in the middle of May, when they were only a few months into the start of their new life, and Suyung had to go buy some groceries.

“You two stay put okay? I’ll come back at 5:00,” she announced, slipping on her high heels near the door. “I mean it, Simba: stay put. Knowing you two beagles, you’d be running around the whole apartment as soon as I leave.” The tall female stood up and straightened her skirt, giving her husband and daughter, who were both relaxing on the couch, a serious look.

“Of course, dear. We won’t break anything this time,” Youngjin assured her, flashing his signature grin. Suyung had a list of things she associated with that grin of his, and at the top of that list was ‘trouble’. She wondered why she allowed herself to leave him in the apartment alone with Minlee that other time; maybe it was because she didn’t know they were capable of breaking a ceiling lamp. She thought, oh well, he promised to be more careful the next time I leave them; and that’s why she was doing it again this time. Suyung repeated her orders for the last time before she finally left, watching her daughter wave goodbye as she closed the door.

“Yes, the place is ours, Minlee!” Youngjin jumped, making Minlee bounce on the couch. “What do you want to do? Want a piggyback ride? A story? A movie? A-…”

“Daddy, why does mommy call you ‘Simba’?” the young girl innocently interrupted, propping herself up comfortably on the couch. ‘Simba’ sounded familiar to Minlee not only because she watched Lion King twice, but also because she often heard Suyung call her father that.

“Only your mother calls me that,” he started explaining. “She gave me that nickname when we started dating. It’s a cute nickname, right? It’s because I’m just as cute.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter