Feverish

Never too young. Never too old.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"40.3 degrees" Dayoon said scanning the thermometer."Okay Unnie you have officially got yourself sick."

"I hate colds." I groaned.

"Don't all people do?" She said fixing the coverlets of my bed.

"Have you texted Jieun's mom? Have you told her to just send the paperwork here? I have to finish them so that they wouldn't stack up by the time I recover. Achoo!" Crap. -.-

She handed me a box of tissues. " I've got that covered. Sunmi-ahjumma said you have to take a leave off to rest. Some other publisher would take care of your work, so could you not think about work for once in a while Unnie. I mean we have enough money in the bank, actually we have more than enough and its not like we spend it in one go. I just want you to rest Unnie. Please." She said clutching my hand. A worried expression painted on her pretty face.

I nodded knowing she was right.

"I have to go Unnie I'm already late for flag ceremony, I think I'll catch up for class before the headmistress will roam around the campus. Drink your medicine, take lots of fluids, and try not to make your fever worse, you might turn into your deranged self again if your temperature runs higher."

"What do you mean deranged self? That only happened for one time!" I said my tone furious but my voice groggy.

"Bye unnie." She rolled her eyes playfully at me and plastered a fever patch over my head before she walked away.

Okay, I, Yoo Eunmi have caught a cold. And what Dayoon mentioned about me having a deranged counterpart is a not-so-known weird fact of mine. And it's quite a problem. The last time I had a cold was during my university days and the story about it is quite unbelievable but nonetheless it pains me to admit it really happened. I still lived under the custody of my father, and as the maid said and how I saw the footage with my own two eyes. I suddenly barged into my father's office, caught him in the act of making out with his secretary. I yelled inappropriate words and called her a cheap, desperate, gold-digging , and then I banged the table with a baseball bat until it broke apart in the middle into two pieces. My father demanded an explanaition from me, and I answered him by giving him a drunken smile and kicked him in the crotch. The other parts of it involved me challenging a chicken served in a platter to duel. And me threatening the chef of our house with our housetaker's brassiere which as the maid said I dug in to one of her drawers and then tied them together as a substitute for party streamers.

But that's nothing to the actual problem I have. Tonight was the only and final time I'm available to go hang out with Yugyeom I said I would meet him after work as promised. And then this frigging cold came. I took my phone which was at the side table and opened it to write a text.

ME: Somsatang Oppa~

Cotton Candy Oppa: Hey Eunmi-ssi. What's up?

ME: I won't be able to meet up with you tonight.

Cotton Candy Oppa: Wae?

ME: I caught a cold.

Cotton Candy Oppa: Jinja?!!?!! Is everything alright? Do you need something?

ME: Aniyo. I just feel guilty that I wouldn't be able to hang out with you tonight, Mianheyo Somsatang Oppa~

Cotton Candy Oppa: Oh, I see. Actually I was kinda busy myself.

What? So he was actually planning to call it off. What do you expect idols don't have time for that. So I was the only one after all who actually thought it was special and is worth looking forward too, I even bought a cute outfit for it.

ME: Oh jinja? Gwenchana. You go have fun.

Cotton Candy Oppa: Hey are you mad?

ME: Aniyo. why would I be, I think I'm starting to forget that you're still a celebrity after all.

Cotton Candy Oppa: Eunmi-ssi. I didn't mean  to offend you in any way.

ME: And you didn't. I expected way too much none of it is your fault.  It all still falls downon me to think I was really looking forward for tonight. I think I was too naive. I should go, I need to get rest Yugyeom.

Cotton Candy Oppa: Eunmi-ssi Mianheyo. I didn't mean to--

I didn't bother to read the whole message. I locked my phone, placed it on my bed, and covered it with the pillow quite furiously. My subconscious was smiling down on me knowingly saying I told you so.

I tugged the blankets to hide me, just as I want to be hidden and just disappear right now.

----------

He stared at his phone waiting for a text and then felt someone nudge him by his shoulder awakening him from his entranced state.

"Oi. Yugyeom. Gwaenchanayo?" Jinyoung asked and sat by his bedside.

"Oh .. Uhh.. Never better hyung." He said and gave him a closed mouth smile trying to musk how he really felt.

"You at lying." Bambam said sitting down at the other side of his bed."A second ago you were talking and was pacing the whole dorm excitedly about your date with Eunmi-ssi."

"Its not a date! I was just planning to take her to dinner at our barbeque house." He snapped.

"You my friend are in the early stages of fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter