Dinner with 7 please

Never too young. Never too old.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Senggil chukahamnida~" I whispered at Dayoon's ear.

She groaned and tried to swat me off with her hand.

"Go away Unnie!" She said her voice muffled under the blankets.

I pulled the blanket off of her and started singing Red velvet's "Ice cream Cake"

Juseyo dalkomhan geu mat ice cream cake
Teukbyeolhajin oneure oulineun maseuro
Ibgae mudeun ice creame
Ni gaseum dugeungeoryeo naega daga ogetjyo
It’s so tasty, come and chase me
Mot chamgesseo i scream, you scream
Gimme that, gimme that ice cream

She opened her eyes, sprang up her bed, she stood beside me and started dancing along.

I scream, you scream
Gimme that, gimme that ice cream
I scream, you scream
Gimme that, gimme that

We both giggled at our silliness.

"I'm 16." She said to me out of breath.

"I know." I said my tears wanting to fall from the corner of my eyes.

"Aigoo, Unnie~" she said and hugged me, it was a sincere one. Where it seems to have a million words behind the gesture.

"My little sister's growing up. And it's happening so fast." I sobbed.

Dayoon my back trying to calm me down.

"Kamsahamnida Unnie. Nomu saranghae." She said lifting my chin up to face her.

I nodded and wiped away the tears.

-----------

We were downstairs at the kitchen eating cake.

"Unnie?" She said in between spoonfuls of her portion.

"Neh?" I said while washing some of the dishes.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" 

I froze at the question. Do I wanna come?

Yes I deliberately stopped myself from chasing the childish fantasies I had of him noticing me but that doesn't mean I've grown to hate him. But I don't think I like him either. I mean I buried the old hatchet of me having feelings for a guy that's 3 years older than me and is a well known celebrity. But I have nothing to lose even if I go there and atleast have a glimpse of him. The last time I saw him was during their comeback at MBC and they were having performing their new song back then entitled "A".

"Dayoon, you know I have to accompany Jieun's mom. But I promise I'll catch up." I said putting a hand over her shoulder.

I walked up to my room to get ready. I took a long observant glance taking in every detail of the dress I was holding in my hands. One of the things I also haven't done in a long time was wear a dress. I put it on and gaped at my reflection at the mirror infront of me. 

The dress made my brown hair and eyes stand out, it made me look taller and it fitted me like a glove showing the figure I never thought I had. The wedges complimented the dress and accentuated the pair of pale skinny legs I always had.

The door banged open and Dayoon and her bestfriend Ryung Jieun walked in. They let out an earpiercing shriek that might have shook the whole neighborhood.

"Girls!"

Jieun was the first one to compose herself and spoke.

"Unnie. You look so hot. Umma really have a great sense of style when it comes to dressing up."

Dayoon nodded agreeing with Jieun's remark.

I headed for my dresser drawer and reached for an outdated tweed sweater. I was feeling a little cold because of the heart-shaped hole at the back of the dress.

"You're gonna wear that on top of that gorgeous dress?" Dayoon said giving me an incredulous look.

I nodded.

She hook her head in disapproval. She pushed me towards her room and sat me down to a chair.

She was rummaging her closet drawer throwing clothes around her room like a dog digging for a way out.

"Aha!" she was holding a black trenchcoat that was made of the softest material that felt like water passing through your fingers.

I flung the trenchcoat over my shoulder and shrugged it on. It was warm and snug and it complimented the dress. I was about to leave when Dayoon pushed me to sit down again. She held a lip liner in her hand I was trying to avoid it distancing away from her. But unfortunately Jieun held me down.

After a few minutes of struggling they were now finished. I had no time to scold her cause when I looked at the clock I saw that it was getting late so I rushed out to get some of my belongings but Dayoon gave me a beige leather sling bag and pushed me out of the house. What's with the pushing lately?

I shrugged it off and hurried to the train station. On my way there I passed by some kind of apartment. The folks say it's some kind of dormitory where a bunch of guys crash into. They seldom stay here and would arrive early in the morning and leave late at night. Pfftt. Maybe they're nocturnal.

-------

Time: 10:30 p.m

Oh ! Oh ! Oh ! I should've left 2 hours ago but some old geezer kept offering me a drink and he even asked my boss if he could borrow me and unfortunately for me, my boss approved assuring me he's a close friend of hers that published the same book that was being featured in the bookreading today. I couldn't take being manhandled so I snuck out without my boss knowing. 

I arrived at the mall and people were starting to exit. I hope they're still here. My phone vibrated and Dayoon texted me their location. They were under a big tent at the top floor where there was some kind of garden and it showed the city's breathtaking view. The elevators were out of order so I had to take the stairs.

I reached the top seriously out of breath that I almost walked at all four's.

The garden seemed to be deserted when I heard a roar of laughter. I turned to where the sound was but I bumped into something, no,into someone. I looked up and by his gray dyed hair, his babyish face and his tall lanky frame. I knew I bumped into my sister's bias.

"So you must be the famous Unnie who Dae Dayoon was talking about." he said.

My blood rised to my head and I knew I was gonna faint.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter