What are we?

Never too young. Never too old.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched my unnie leave the cafe to fetch Yugyeom-oppa on her own not even bothering to purchase a coat like what she uzually does even if its only a drizzle. She had a melancholic look in her face and she didn't even dare to meet my gaze when she informed me that she'll be the one to fetch him herself. 

She was indenial, and she hates that she was being fazed. Yes, she could sometimes be a control freak and she doesn't want to be held down but I've seen her brown eyes light up and dim down but never had it looked hurt-well except for the time when she would reminisce her mom. 

"Dayoonnie, are you alright?" 

My ears instantly felt like it was being seared as I turned around to look at Mark-oppa.

"I.. I'm f-fine," I stuttered.

Seems like I'm not the only one feeling confused. I returned my gaze back to the silhoutte of my unnie and saw that she was now infront of the van, she reached a hand out to open it, when it did before she could even do so. Yugyeom-oppa was there his eyes wide in shock. unnie's back turned rigid and she stepped back.

My voice was now stuck in my throat I was itching to scream to her to not wuss out, I reached for the door handle when I felt a calloused hand stop me. I glared at him with so much hostility to let me go.

"Wait. Look." A slight urging tone in his voice.

Never have I ever felt so much rage that I was now fuming with anger, but that all melted away when I caught sight of them together in an embrace. My hand turned slack but Mark-oppa still held it. Unnie squirmed for a liitle bit but Oppa only coiled his arms around her tighter and laid his head at the crook of her neck.

It was all so overwhelming that I didn't even notice the cold hand that still held mine. His baby-ish face was still staring outside and a smile was plastered on his face, I looked at our entwined hands and I couldn't help myself from blushing but I had to scold myself. It's nothing this hand is only out of brotherly love. 

"They look good don't they?"  He asked that it made me jump. And caught me in the act of oggling over his looks.

Peculiarly, an awkward silence suddenly hung in the air that I broke by doing a curt nod agreeing to his statement, and slipped my hand of his. 

Thump, Thump. 

I raised a hand to my chest and prayed that he wouldn't hear. Praying that he didn't see through me. I felt like gagging and so I rushed past him. He doesn't care. He wouldn't care. If he did, he would've followed me and I was surprised that he was trailing behind stopping the door from closing with a hand.

"Dayoon."

He just called me by my name, and without the added suffix.His mouth was open and I waited for him to speak. Is the thing that I've been dreaming of going to happen.?

"Are you alright? You must've caught a flu, your unnie did you say you're quite a sickly child."

I shook my head. I looked at him again, urging him to speak on.

"Well just call oppa if you need anything. You're like a sister to me now." He ruffled my hair afterwards

If there was a time I had to compile and rate the times I felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter