Trembling lips, Salted tears, and A touch of intuition

Never too young. Never too old.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I plopped myself down on my bed, and just then did I feel how exhausted my entire body was.

But the pain was worth it anyways. Rather than  facing him once again. 

The second he was out of sight I quickly dragged my sister with me to the other exit to get my own ride home. Fate you stop picking at me this instant! I mean I've already calculated the chances of meeting him. And from a scale of 1 to 10 I'm certain that there were zero chances of meeting him and also zero chances of professing how I felt for him 6 years ago.

I changed my clothes into pyjamas, I hid under the covers and curled into a ball. I closed my eyes forcing myself to fall asleep. It was working when suddenly I felt my phone vibrate under the pillow.

I angrily unlocked my smartphone nearly cracking the screen from pressing it too hard. I saw that my inbox was being flooded. Oh Crap! It must be my boss, I almost forgot that I left the party without saying a word. But to my surprise it wasn't her it was an unrecognized number. I opened the messages curious of who it might be.

Quote: Where'd you go? Don't you know It's still raining?!!?!!

Quote: Hey have you arrived home yet?

Quote: Shibal! Don't you know that girls shouldn't be left alone at this hour?

Quote: Hey, We just arrived at the dorm in case you are curious.

Quote:I want to tell you something.

Quote: You've probably noticed that I wasn't catious of the words I used earlier and it sounded pretty similar to a person you talked to. Say, around 5 in the morning.

Quote: Are you gonna avoid me?

Quote: Of course you are. I mean what person wouldn't be embarassed that he professed his or her feeling to the person he or she liked without knowing it was the person they liked was the one they were talking to.

Quote: I'm sorry part of that was my fault. I should've told you who I was.

Quote: What the am I doing?!? Why am I sending stupid messages at this time of the day. Who the would be awake at 3 in the morning.

Quote: Me I guess.

Quote: I'm such a jerk. I'm sorry if I'm blurting out pointless stuff that you would probably read when you wake up at the late afternoon. 

Quote: I sound ridiculous. I've talked to tons of girls. But as fans. I thought that maybe if I cared to text you and apologize and admit I was Cotton candy Oppa, I might be able to talk to a girl as a friend that would listen and care just as you would to your little sister.

Quote:The way Dayoon described you as an Unnie. I think you're a thoughtful and caring person.

Quote: By the way, You're way more different from the other girls just so you know.

Quote: And I also think you're cute.

Quote: In case you're wondering how I managed to get your number. I asked Bambam.

What was I thinking exchanging contacts with Bambam? I was in the middle of deciding on deleting his textes or not when it vibrated again.

Quote: You said that you'll search for me and I'll search for you right? Don't hide from me when I try to find you okay?

Ok that was it. I turned my phone off not wanting to see his messages that might spark something that I know isn't really able to happen.

Why would he exert effort texting me and stooping down on my level?

-----------

It was a lazy sunday today. The type of day where you just want to sit down, but for me it was the day where the streetdancers  seem to be more active. Yes, I would waste my day watching them at the park than moon over at my room trying to forget-- I'm not even gonna mention his name.

Bags of chips, a tub of ice cream, a variety of beverages, some packaged fruit and a liter of water made a rustling sound inside the gargantuan picnic basket I was holding as I walked. And yes, I eat these large amounts of food that could last for a whole week but which I can finish in half a day.

I searched for a shady place where I could sit down. And found one under a large oak tree. And I had it all to myself.

I spread the blanket over the lush green grass. And laid myself down closing my eyes basking in the peaceful ambience.

"I was right following my instincts."

I opened my eyes and closed them again wishing that voice was a figment of my imagination. A side effect of being confused about my feelings.

But I heard him chuckle.

I opened them again and saw that he was sitting at the tree branch. His Bubblegum hair that were hard to miss when the sunlight peeked from the leaves shining down on him.

He was wearing a graffiti printed black shirt and jeans. He was still wearing the same thick rimmed shades and creepy mask.

I groaned miserably making it clear to him that I wasn't happy seeing him at all.

"You know, I have a series of firsts when it comes to you." He said lying down beside me.

"How am I not surprised by your remark?" I retorted.

He chuckled. "I expected that you would be hard to find."

"Cut the crap already. Why would you want to find me? Why the would you stoop down my level?" I said sitting up shooting daggers at him with my gaze.

He fell silent. 

Crap. Is he making me feel guilty?

No one uttered a word for a whole 5 minutes. Is he giving me the silent treatment? I started to worry when he was still and unmoving. I nudged his shoulder. Nothing.

I looked at his chest to see if it was still rising and falling. I can't really determine it, everything started to slow down. Oh god! Oh god! Oh god! Is he suffocating? I quickly took off his mask and his shades. I looked at his pupils to see if it was dilated or something. I couldn't really tell without a flashlight. I checked his pulse and my fingers trembled when I placed them on top of the pulse of his neck. Eunmi this is a serious case, Get a grip!

I placed my ear on top of his mouth to hear him breath and he didn't even seem to inhale. I have no choice, I pinched the bridge of his nose and opened his mouth just like how I learned it from first aid training.

I was inches away from him and it lessened and lessened as I leaned closer. I closed my eyes not wanting this moment to be stored at the back of mind.

"Would you please stop pinching my nose?"

I opened my eyes and saw his dark orbs staring back at my brown ones. There was a glint behind them like the irises were exploding into blinding shards of light.

I quickly withdrawed from the awkward position not wanting for him to get the wrong idea. I looked away and pulled my beanie lower ,hiding my ears that was flaming red from embarrassment.

I heard the grass rustle below us, when he seemed to have sat up into a sitting position. I started taking out food from the weaved picnic basket trying to divert my attention to the food. I came here to clear my mind and relax.

Eunmi, calm down. It's a nice sunday ,where you are not letting the presence of the person beside you disturb your relaxation. You're calm. You're calm. You're calm. You're--

"Hey Eunmi."

"I'm calm!" I blurted out my tone frustated and protestant as if I was reassuring  a person that was nagging me the same lecture over and over again.

Yugyeom looked at me confused. Surprised of my sudden outburst.

"Uh-huh. I can see." He said rather hesitant of what he should say.

I wrapped my hands at the back of my neck and hid my face between my legs.

"You didn't hear what I said earlier, right?" I asked my face still hidden.

"I don't think so. I fell asleep the minute I laid down."

Well I think its a good thing. I think the way I said it earlier was rather harsh. And I admit I feel rather guilty about it.

"Why'd you pinch my nose and why was your face the first thing I saw?" He asked.

I lifted my head up a little bit where my eyes were the only ones seen. I turned my gaze at him to see if he was looking at me. 

He was looking forward his eyes focused at the group that was just arriving. But it met mine, and it made every ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter