Cotton candy Oppa

Never too young. Never too old.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My alarm clock rang at 5 o'clock in the morning. I groggily stood up and walked to the shower, I discarded my clothes and stepped in the shower room the warm water awakened me the second it hit my back. Today is Dayoon's birthday so I had to get up early and purchase the cake I made last night, at the cafe I opened here at the neighborhood (the one I mentioned with alot of books). I went out wrapped in a towel, dripping wet I dried my hair with a blower and then wore clothes the usual big sweater, baggy pants look. 

I tiptoed my way out of the house not wanting to arouse my sisters sleep. When sneaking out was successful I sprinted around the neighborhood reaching the cafe in a matter of minutes since it was only a few blocks away.The cafe was was open-still open- couples here prefer to have dates late at night or nearing dawn they say its more intimate that way. The bell at the entrance door rang, the kind ahjumma that I hired as a caretaker appeared at the counter.

I have a soft spot for elders and they seem to be more precise and sure of what they should do.

"Oh Eunmi-ssi, good morning. You're here for the cake.?" she asked.

"Neh, ahjumma. Good morning also." I said and bowed.

"I'll go get it at the back." she said and walked out towards the kitchen.

I stood there and stared at the place. It's been a while since I've been here. I was the one that sketched the interior of this cafe.The furniture were vintage looking high backed seats with cream cushions. The tables were round tinted glass. Famous quotes were written on the cream colored walls. Words snaking the walls in curly cursive phrases. The chandeliers emanating a similar light to a parisian lamp post. She stopped skimm9ing her gaze around the room when the kitchen door clicked open and the ahjumma was holding a square pink box.

"Kamsahamnida~" I bowed thanking her.

"Send my love for Dayoon, Eunmi." she smiled at me.

"I will, annyeong." I said and waved goodbye.

It was still dark and no traces of dawn coming was evident at the sky. I decided to stop by the park.What makes me visit it sometimes this early in the morning is the group of streetdancers that battle out with each other. Either by age, by gender, and sometimes by random. And today it was by age.

The upbeat music played and the first to step up was the younger ones, their movements taunting and powerful. Doing flips and other tricks that defy gravity, the older ones stepped in, their movements more passionate than powerful advancing towards their opponent making them step back, you can feel the heat of the showdown.

I stood there amazed. And a lonely smile crept at my face.

The music ended and the atmosphere turned light. My train of thought was disturbed when a voice spoke.

"So who's the lucky guy you're crushing on? Your stare was pretty intense."

It was a guy, the clothes he wore was off. Well not that off, it was valid to wear a hoodie at this time of the morning. But he wore thick round rimmed shades, he had a mask on that had a design that was inspired from an anime called tokyo ghoul, since it had a psychotic sneer that showed razor teeth illustrated on the mask. He wore a black snapback that made his cotton candy and bubblegum pink hair stand out. He was big, not fat big, but broad shouldered, big chested big, he was muscular and he towered over my height  in inches. 

"And you are?" I said raising my eyebrow.

He must've noticed me eyeing his mask, when he said;

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter