YR - May 10th

Frost Flower [Discontinued]
Please log in to read the full chapter

{ YERI }
13 days after the incident

-- May 10th 201X

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST OVER two weeks since I’ve last spoken to either Sehun or Huijing or vice-versa. Either way, none of us wants to have any sort of communication between each of us, which is understandable, judging by the way I treated them, especially since they just saved me from a whole lot of whining, ing and maybe beating as well. And here I thought private schools were supposed to be better than those so-called barbarians public schools. Both places are the same; both places are like a jungle with wild animals wanting to be the king of the place; animals that could never possibly be tamed.

I admit, I kind of miss having small talks with Huijing whenever there was a small break between our classes, or when we’re done with our work and have nothing else to do. Huijing is actually the only one in the whole school who’s actually trying without trying (Does that even make sense? It does to me, though). What I mean is that she’s probably the only person who doesn’t force me to reply. It doesn’t even make me feel bad about not replying to my other classmates.

Okay, yes, I kind of want to make up with her, even if I initially didn’t want to be friends with her. You’ve got to admit, by the way I was describing her in my past letters, it’s kind of hard to not be her friend. I mean, she’s like the sweetest person alive.
Well, at school, that is...

So, yeah, your letter did help me, in some sort of way.

I’m not saying that I’m going to be able to change my whole personality in one night, but I am willing to turn into a new leaf by taking baby steps. Aren’t you proud of me, Dr. Lu? I mean, you should be.

I tried apologizing to Huijing—numerous, countless of times, even. But, I should’ve known that it would take a while to actually be able to talk to her face-to-face without any interruptions. Being part of the robotics team, the cheerleading squad, the student council and the after-prom committee, everyone seemed to need her in one way or another, that the girl barely had a break. I wonder how the hell was she able to survive this far? I know that I wouldn't be able to, especially with so many exams and assignments that we’ve received since the beginning of the year.

So, I wondered how will I be able to talk to her? I mean, the only person who ever gets to talk to her at least once per day, is Oh Sehun. And judging from our last encounter, I don’t think he would want to talk to me either. I guess he does deserve an apology of my part as well, but a part of me still doesn’t want to, because it keeps reminding me that he’s one of the main reasons why the girls were bullying me. Then again, Huijing had her own shares of fangirls that were tormenting me as well. Though somehow, it didn't faze me as much as Sehun’s. Maybe because the latter’s fans started first, followed by Huijing’s. Either way, I don’t blame Huijing at all.

Don’t ask me why, though. I, myself, am curious about the reason as well.

But Oh Sehun was probably my only solution, as much as I hate to admit it. Even then, I shouldn't have known that it would be difficult to talk with the star football player as well. With him bothering me every minute and second of the day, I took him for granted and thought that he was someone whom everyone could talk to.

However, I was wrong.

Surrounded by his herd of dumb football lackeys, Sehun was not accessible. Trying to get through that human version of the Berlin wall was basically a suicide mission. Both social and physical suicide. Chances are, they probably wouldn’t even notice me to even tell me to leave, let alone give me permission to talk to their famous king. (That was sarcastic, by the way, even though there’s, unfortunately, a certain truth to it).

Every day, I tried to find some time that could possibly give me the chance to properly apologize for my actions that were obviously uncalled for. And with each day that passed by, it became even more difficult than I thought.

However, I should've noticed that something was wrong between the two best friends.

Oh Sehun was actually hanging out with his lackeys more often than with Huijing, which was something that was definitely unnatural—to the point that it went against the laws of nature (or in this case, social class)—and I was really surprised to find out that nobody even bothered or cared about the current situation, as if it was something completely normal.

But, it wasn’t.

Sehun without Huijing, is like Romeo without Juliet.
Clyde without Bonnie
Tristan without Iseult.

Perhaps all of that, without the whole overly-romantic vibe between them, and the dramatic deaths at the end.

Either way, seeing them without being together was something that happens only once in a blue moon, or even once in a lifetime. Perhaps, it wasn’t the first time that they’ve hung out separately. After all, they used to be somewhat archenemies at the beginning of high school life. But, I—not only myself but maybe everyone as well—thought they were going to stick together to the end, after getting past their differences.

Although I might sound like a hypocrite, since you’re the one who actually gave me this advice, but isn’t life all about coping and accepting each other’s differences? After all, all humans are different and there was no way a person would think exactly the same as another every day of their life, right?

So, why was it so easy for me to think so of them?

And why do I feel this burning sensation around my chest area when I think about it?

It hurts and I just want it to simply stop. But, how could I stop something when I don’t even know what is the cause of it? How the hell do you even manage to do this for the rest of your life, Dr. Lu?

Please log in to read the full chapter