SH - April 29th

Frost Flower [Discontinued]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[a/n] Thank you all so much for all the support that I've received from before AND after I shortly advertised this story. It means so much to me, especially since this is based on events that actually happened. However, I would like to point out that the description doesn't have to be taken literally. This story isn't necessarily about schizophrenia or even paranoia. I would like to tell you guys what the so-called "moral" behind this story, but heck, even I don't know if there is one or not.

The way this story is supposed to be interpreted is up to you.

{ SEHUN }
2 days after the incident

-- April 29th 201X

I WASN’T THERE WHEN “IT” HAPPENED. To be honest, I do not understand why people were freaking out so much. Some girls were even bawling their eyes out at some point. One of my best friends, Huijing, told me that one of her friends was super scared for some reason. Huijing was with me at that time, so she didn’t understand why her friend suddenly went up to her and ended up crying on her either. To comfort her friend, Huijing told her that everything was over and that everything would be fine from now on.

When Huijing told me everything; who would have thought that the quiet wallflower Han Yeri... yeah.

But who am I to judge, right?

She seemed so lonely when she came back to school today, or maybe it was just me. And when I tried talking to her, she just gave me this really... puzzled look. As if I was actually doing something outrageous. But knowing her, I feel like it’s because she doesn’t know me, even though we’ve been classmates since the beginning of the school year, which is roughly about—oh I don’t know?—seven months?

(I might not be the best or the right person to say this about her, though.)

But I guess I should start from the beginning. Like before I suddenly had the “guts”, as Huijing would say, to talk to Yeri. Even though she was not present during the incident, she told me that she would never want to stay in the same classroom as Yeri until the end of the year. But guess what, Huijing was still there.

One day down and a month and a half to go, Huijing!

Anyways, it was last period and we were in the library. I had a huge headache during the entrepreneurship class, so I went to the sick bay and slept for a whole period, which was why I missed the incident that everyone was talking about. We had to work on a world history project and it so happens that our school’s psychologist— Wait, what was his name again? But anyways, our year’s director came over to talk to us about the incident. Huijing and I were clearly bored out of our minds, which might sound kind of rude, but hey, we weren’t there when it happened, you can’t honestly expect us to act all chummy-chummy with each other when we were not there with the rest of the class, right?

People from our class had a lot of questions; a lot of unnecessary ones. Just when you think they were being considerate so that they wouldn’t have to ask Yeri any awkward questions, they simply just didn’t want to freak the girl out and to cause another incident.

Please. As if.

From what I’ve seen today when Yeri came back, I could see that our class was too unimportant in her eyes to have this happen again. Sure, the shrink said that it could happen at any time, but do they honestly expect that it would happen less than 78 hours after what happened? I honestly don’t know where that shrink got his formation, but clearly, he looked like he didn’t know what he was talking about. He said something about how things were difficult for Yeri and that they’ve had her case for quite a while, but it didn’t look that way in my opinion.

The shrink told us to welcome Yeri back normally as if nothing happened. But that’s the thing. Nobody from our class could act as if nothing happened, because oh, it was such a dangerous incident.

I just wanted them to get over it. Does this make me a bad person? The fact that I wanted them to just leave the library and leave us to our work? But people just asked so many ing questions. Stupid questions. Like, “When is Yeri coming back?” and “Is she okay?”

Of course, she isn’t okay.

Are you ing serious? They are supposed to be mature and smart, bu

Please log in to read the full chapter