Chapter 1

Im Certain

RPOV

     Ryeowook was excited, it was Sunday, the day he was supposed to cook for Sungmin, Sungmin’s family, his friend Eunhyuk and of course his new boyfriend Kyuhyun. He worked as the head chef at the restaurant Joie and Sunday’s and Tuesday’s were the closing days, so he had the whole day to prep for this meal he was going to prepare for his guests. It had had been a few days since he had last seen Kyuhyun and seven days since they had first met. And while they had been texting and calling each other daily, he still missed his boyfriend like crazy and couldn’t wait to see him later.

     Ryeowook looked at the clock it was 2:20pm, so he was doing well on time, he had prepared the éclairs and tarts earlier in the morning and he had just finished chopping his vegetables for the ratatouille and he was preparing the oven for his roasted chicken and Garlic. Ryeowook went over the menu, he was making French onion soup, cheese soufflés, roasted chicken, Tartiflette(a dish with potatoes and cheese and bacon (sounds amazing right)), ratatouille, and finally for dessert he would serve éclairs, two different tarts (one pear and one mixed berry), and sweet crepes.

    Why was he going through the trouble of making so many different dishes? Was he crazy? Maybe, but Ryeowook was worried. He didn’t know what everyone would enjoy. His specialty was in French cooking. And while Joie was known for it's French cuisine, the food he was preparing tonight was much different from what he normally prepared at the restaurant. Normally he had a very small menu for Joie, one starter, one main course, and one dessert offered, and the menu would switch weekly depending on what he found at the farmers market. But tonight he wanted to prepare a lot of food because he knew that Sungmin had children and children could be picky eaters. He wanted food that would speak to both the adults and children. 

     As he was chopping up the potatoes and preparing them for the tartiflette, he suddenly felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone to see he had a text from Kyuhyun, and instantly he smiled.

 

From: KyuKyu

Can’t wait to see you tonight Ryeongu! And of course eat your food again…it’s odd, my stomach has been looking forward to your cooking all week, but my heart has been aching to see you. I guess you’ve made your way to both my heart and stomach…Kekeke…. so ill see you tonight at 5:00 to help you set up before Min and his family show up and before Hyuk, that way I can have you to myself for a little while… <3

 

     Ryeowook melted at the text. He was happy that Kyuhyun had made a nickname for him because he felt less embarrassed about calling him Kyukyu and it made him feel closer to him. He smiled when rereading the part about coming earlier…

 

KPOV

     Kyuhyun was working on some important paper work for a case he had coming up. He worked at one of the top law firms in Seoul, so his schedule wasn’t exactly empty. But when Ryeowook stepped into his life, he didn’t care if he had to reschedule some appointments or take on a few less cases, he hadn’t been this happy in years. And he’d be damned if he was going to throw it away because his schedule didn’t allow him to see the one person who was giving him so much happiness. He was just finishing up an email when his phone buzzed, and he automatically grinned because he had a hunch who the sender was.

 

From: Ryeongu

Kyukyu! Are you sure you’re not just coming earlier to try and snack on what I’ve made? XD

PS: you know what they say, the best way to a man’s heart is through their stomach ;) Can’t wait to see you tonight <3

 

     Kyuhyun smiled at text, Ryeowook was always a bit more reserved and shy when it came to his responses, but at the same time he seemed to know how to voice the sweetest things when Kyuhyun saw him. Just as he was about to respond, there was a knock on his office door and one of his coworkers entered his office

         “Sorry to disturb Kyuhyun, but some of us are going drinking tonight and we wanted to know if you wanted to come?”

Kyuhyun frowned at being interrupted and sighed. He usually declined the drinking invitations from his co-workers. Usually he worked late until he was too exhausted to think anymore and then just went home and had a glass of wine, stopping sometimes to get some take out food. So why Kangin was trying to get him to come drinking was completely puzzling to him.

      “Kangin hyung, you know I hardly ever accept you or Leeteuk hyung's invitations out, so why the hell are you asking me out tonight? And why are you being all polite all of a sudden, it's creeping me out." Kyuhyun asked suspiciously.

Kangin grinned,

      “As expected from our bratty- genius maknae. Awwww I guess the jig is up, I was sent in here to discover why our most antisocial coworker and Seoul’s most wanted lawyer has been so giggly and happy this past week. To be honest…it has everyone's hands a bit shriveled.”

 Kyuhyun mentally cursed, he knew that it would be obvious to his coworkers that he was really happy, but he never guessed it would be so obvious that it would only take a week for them to figure something was up.

    “If you must know, Im seeing someone at the moment and Im pretty sure he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Now get out, I was just about to respond to his text, when you came barging in.”

Kangin’s grin soon turned devilish, and Kyuhyun groaned.

   “You seriously think Im going to let you off with that? No way! You have to tell me all the details. Ill give you 5 minutes to respond to your boyfriend  because Im going to get some coffee from down the hall, but when I get back you better be ready to spill.” And with that Kangin was out the door to get his coffee

    “Kangin!! Wait!” Kyuhyun shouted after him

    “What?” he heard Kangin yell

    “Get me an espresso while you’re at it!”  

    “Ah Jinjja…” was all Kyuhyun could hear Kangin mutter

Kyuhyun smiled and walked back over to his desk where he proceeded to respond to Ryeowook’s text