7 days after – “Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.” Rumi (Hyun’s part 2)

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was soothed by the familiar surrounding when she entered his apartment. It was their happy place for many days after all.

Even though he was not home but it was the closest thing she had to feeling like he was there. The house was not like when she had left. It was spick and span and she was sure that Imo Lee must have done her rounds after she left.

She went into the bedroom, laid down on the side of the bed that he sleeps on and crawled under the comforter. Even though the bed sheets had been changed, she could still smell him.... feel him as she pressed her face on to his pillow and hugged it. Oh, how she missed him!

She felt a warm hand her right cheek lightly. “Yong?” Her heart swelled at seeing him sitting right next to her. “You are home!” She squealed and threw her arms around his neck, holding him tightly.

He hugged her back and whispered in her ear, “I missed you, Baby.”

“I missed you so much, Yong.” They held onto each other in that tight embrace for the longest time, both unwilling to lose the physical contact. She rested her face on the nook of his neck, her senses flooded with his scent, allowing the wave of relief, unfelt in the last few days, soothe her. For reasons that she could not comprehend, he abruptly stood up to walk away and she panicked.

She woke up with a jolt, sitting upright in bed all wide awake and it took her a moment to realize where she was. All around was dark, other than the rhythm of her own heavy breathing, the silence around was almost eerie.

She rubbed her eyes and scanned her eyes around the room like a hawk. No Yong in sight. She stood up and crossed the room to throw open the toilet door and there was no one there. Searchingly, she dashed out of the room, running around from room to room and... still, no Yong. She felt confused. Was he here or was it just a dream?

She ran back into the room to retrieve her mobile and there were many missed calls and messages from her Unnies and she ignored them, for the need to know if Yong was back or not weighed in more urgently then. She went online to check if the likely flights he was on from Japan to Seoul had landed. And they all had. Hours ago in fact, even for the last flight.

She was surely scouring for a glimpse of hope in the most obscure corner when the thought came to her that he perhaps was over to her place, waiting to surprise her. So at 4am in the morning, Hyun hurriedly ran back to her own apartment and was mid-way into keying her passcode on her main door's lock system when it swung open.

Sunny exclaimed at first sight, “Maknae! Where did you go? You got us worried sick.” Hyun did not reply. Her first instinct when the door opened was to search for Yong. So she dashed around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter