4th day in Japan – Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 3.30am in the morning when filming for CN Blue’s music video ended. Yonghwa and the boys were drained… too bushed to even say anything to each other. They dragged their tired bodies sluggishly to their transport back to the hotel and were in their respective rooms an hour after.

Yonghwa had been up for over 24hours… an emotionally, mentally and physically overwhelming and taxing 24 hours. He desperately needed a shuteye.

Once back in his room, Yonghwa went about the motion, almost in a pre-programmed manner -  took a much needed shower, towel dried his hair and body, threw on a t-shirt and training pants, drank a glass of warm water, proceeded to lay down in bed and his mobile to check for messages, wearily though.

There was a message from Hyun. “Let me know when you are back from work, Yong oppa.” His heart compressed a little reading it and made a mental commitment to clarify her intent for this thing they had going on. He did not want to play puppy anymore. He wanted commitment… 5 years had been too prolonged... He wanted to be loved, owned and in turn, to love and to own.

Cerebrally way too spent for any form of pleasantry, he returned the message literally. “Back in room. Need sleep. Call you when I wake.” He turned the mobile to silent and fell into much required deep slumber.

Hyun was deep in sleep when the message came through. She too was worn-out from her dance practise accompanied with the fact that she slept very little the last few nights. Very intoxicatingly stimulating last few nights. Being courageous took a toll on her and getting the necessitous rest would ensure longer sustenance. 

When she woke up at 8am, she reached for her mobile instantly to check for Yonghwa’s reply and was disappointed at how concise and clipped they were. “Did he not feel anything after yesterday? Why is he giving me the cold shoulder? Is he upset with what I did? What is going on? He said no mildang and then why is he doing this? Is there someone else?” She was barraging herself with questions and grimaced at that last one when Hyo interrupted her thoughts.

“Maknae, who are you angry with? Why are you breathing fire out from your enlarged nostrils this early in the morning like a dragon?” queried Hyo while she stretched and yawned.

Hyun put back her poker face and replied, “Am not upset. Who said I was upset with YongHwa.” Damn… she slipped. Hyun frowned briefly and camouflaged it with an innocent look next, pretending like she did not just mentioned his name.

“Ooohhh…. that Yong….” Hyo looked at Hyun with narrowed her eyes, giggled and teased further, “I wonder why though… Hm… Is Kate really here in Japan or had the last few nights been escapades with Yong-Kate.. huh.. huh.. huh… ” Seeing that Hyun had on her “innocent look armour”, Hyo jumped onto Hyun's bed and started to attacked her with tickles, in an attempt to coerce a confession.

“Hahahaah…no… don’t.. Hyo.. stop… please…hahahaha…” Hyun laughed and squirmed. Deciding that Hyun had been tortured enough, Hyo stopped. The both girls were looking more relaxed when Hyo asked again, needing confirmation, “Seriously, is Kate really even here in Japan?” Hyun answered wide-eyed with a nod. She felt too vulnerable to answer that question verbally for she was afraid that she would expose herself once she opened to speak.

“Because I am your favourite Unnie, I am going to let you off today.” Hyo started to walk away and turned back to flash Hyun a wink before going about to prepare for the day. Intuitively, Hyo felt that something did not quite measure up but she attribute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter