10 weeks after - Holding on to the feeling of us… (Part 1)

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As painful as it was, the sun still rose and set. The night still darken and quieten allowing hidden emotions to surface. Days quickly turned into weeks and SNSD’s brief imposed hiatus came to an end hastily and the girls started to work on their comeback album.

It was midnight when Hyun returned home from the SNSD music video recording. From since 10 weeks ago, her mobile phone had since become an integral part of her. She kept it close to her at most times, stealing quick glances at the mobile phone ever so often and when it is silent for anything longer than an hour, she would fiddle with it to ensure that it was in good operable condition. Hyun and her mobile phone slowly became a frequent habit.

But the call she had been waiting for from that particular someone did not come. So, for the first time in a long while, she switched off her mobile phone and tossed it onto the floor, before flopping her tired body onto her bed and tried to find a sleepy place as lethargy washed over her.

Like a daily ritual where disappointments from the lack of his call crashed into her, she stared at the ceiling and allow thoughts of him to plague her incessantly, wondering about him, while the memories of their time together haunted her and the tears began to fall, as she hand herself over to the sadness that called to her all day… finding her release only at night under the safe cover of her trusted quilt.

“I need to move on… I need to at least try to get over this,” Hyun thought to herself later that night as she lay in bed and tried to fall asleep.

Meanwhile, a few blocks distance away from her, someone had finally picked up his courage to return to his own home, weeks after hastily departing from Korea under company’s strict order. There were several times where YongHwa had returned to Seoul for a night or two, almost transit like, before travelling to another country for his concert, variety show schedules and other commercial filming. But then, he would choose to check himself into The Westin, rather than to return to his own home as the memories of Hyun were still too recent and raw.

So, weeks after, as he leaned back in his bed, the sights, the scents and the sound of Hyun were still present and surrounded him. He leaned his head back and shut his eyes momentarily and instead of gaining clarity, the smell of her Cedarwood scented candle continued to assault his olfactory system as her melodic laughter echoed in his memories, more pronounced.

After 11 weeks of silence from both sides, paired with her “I’m sorry” text message ever lingering in his mobile, reminding him of her rejection, while he tried to pack up and tuck his love for her away in that special corner in his heart temporarily, he could not deny that he missed her badly. Unsure if loving her had become a habit, but one thing for sure, he was incapable of not loving her… at least in this lifetime.

He sighed and allowed exhaustion to get the better of him. 

**

The next day

It was mid-day and YongHwa was working out in the FNC office’s gym when his mobile rang. “Simon D… Simon D.O.M.I.N.I.C, what’s up bro?” YongHwa rapped in lazy swag style as he answered the call.

“Hey man, you are finally answering your calls. You got me worried for a while, man. What’s the deal with your mobile being off ever so often lately? Is everything alright or did some Sasaeng fan get a hold of your mobile number?” Simon asked, sounding all concerned.

“Nah… I have just been concentrating on work lately, with the concert and all." Furnished YongHwa with a generic excuse, making light of the real reason. "Why? You are calling me because you finally have some time to go on a date with me?”  

“Well, that is if you consider attending an AOMG event at Octagon tonight with Jay and I a date.” Simon responded light heartedly.

 “Woo… a … sounding a little too exciting for my adrenals already and I like it!” YongHwa returned a playful shot, inducing laughter from Simon before continuing on a more serious note.

“I know that club scenes are not your thing and this is me calling in a favour actually. We need the presence of our reigning “King of Weibo” to lure in more publicity so that we can build brand awareness in Greater China… and if you can together with the CN boys come as my special surprise event booster guests, I would be eternally grateful.” Simon D nearly pleading.

Knowing that things had been somewhat bumpy for Simon D. of late, YongHwa’s reply was one that did not disappoint and laced with YongHwa’s brand of mischief. “I see… so I am insufficient for you. You want all the CN handsome hunks as well. Fine... then at least let me dance for you in exchange for a song or two of CNBlue’s to be played. Deal?”

Simon D. released his relief in another bout of laughter and continued the banter, “Whoa… whoa…easy man… keep the dance for your fans and instead come in and spin a few songs with me like old times.”

YongHwa broke into a broad smile and replied, “Game on! Ready the DJ console for some JYH effect, say about 9pm?” 

YongHwa then sent a short message to the CN boys about the event that evening and their reply came in almost instantly, readily agreeing to the club outing without needing any coaxing. Could be a direct reaction to his recent fairly long absence or perhaps they thought that YongHwa needed the company. Whichever the reason, he was I no mood to indulge in the speculation of it.

** 

Two streets down from where YongHwa was at, the SNSD girls were taking a breather from a recording session at SM’s office and enjoying some teatime snack when Sunny asked what the girls were planning to wear to the AOMG’s event. The girls took turn to reply excitedly until the question went to Hyun who declined the invite.

Hyo’s patience ran out when she heard Hyun decline yet another outing and yelled, “Yah Maknae! I love you and that is why I cannot allow you to continue moping around. You are so done keeping your hopes up, waiting by your door and staring at your mobile every so often, waiting for him and his call that may not come, you understand! You are going to break out of this depressing cycle by coming with us tonight or help me god because I will so drag you there in your pyjamas if necessary!”

Her vulnerability was in full display as she tried to digest Hyo’s little all too honest outburst. She blinked back her tears as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter