4th Day in Japan – Damsels in distress (Yong’s part)

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YongHwa was a walking bundle of nerves this evening. So wound up, he could not even sit still while waiting for her. He was fidgeting and looking towards the private room entrance every so often, like an anxious little puppy in eager anticipation to see his owner.

Predominant cause, tonight was the great reveal, “all or nothing” night and also because the between them had been off the chart lately, making him lose all reason, all self-control, and all practicality. They had not even ascertain what they wanted or expected from each other and yet he had fondled her bosom just yesterday. “Oh… that sweet, soft feel of her that he wants to mould, hold and play with.” He felt his pants tighten with that thought.

His upbringing had instilled in him many good values including, protect and respect women and he wants to do Hyun right. However, his growing desire for her appeared to rescind his beliefs every time they are together. The escalating intensity between them made him feel like he was taking advantage of her, to a certain extent, consensual or not, it defied every righteous conviction in him. 

He was not after a quick fling nor was he interested in an overseas escapade. Although in reality, who would reject having either with Hyun if that was the offer on the table. But… No… not him. He was not interested in a frivolous relationship. He was after more. He had plans for them both. Call him greedy but he wants a lifetime with her, to love, honour, respect and treasure.

Therefore, it was imperative that they had this discussion. On the other hand, this also meant that he would be subjecting himself to the chance of being rejected and the present, apparent vulnerability was most unnerving to him. Much was at stake.

For 5 years, he waited and worked himself to be worthy of her. Her rejection would be a clear sign for him to move on because going back to being her lap puppy would not suffice. His ego and pride would not allow him to do that. It would rip his heart out to share her with someone else, while watching on the side line.

This explained why the usual good sport Yonghwa was uncharacteristically embarrassed and had to extricate himself from the room, before he made a bigger imbecile out of himself, when Sunny pulled the chair prank on him.

He excused himself to the washroom and was silently praying that Hyun would be there when he returned.

The club was sparsely littered with merry patrons as the night was still young, in clubbing context.

The toilet was located at the side towards the end of the bar counter and he coursed through the club in that general direction.

His attention was piqued by a small rowdy group of four people, largely because they were laughing, talking and exclaiming loudly in what sounded like Korean.

From afar, it appeared like they were having a good time laughing and pushing each other in jest while two men seemed to be trying to stabilise the girl who was strutting her limbs around like she had a little too much to drink.

“Why would any sensible girl drink excessively in the company of men only? I would never allow Hyun to be in this sort of precarious situation.” Yonghwa made another mental note.

But a closer look seemed to suggest something else. The two men appeared to be restraining the girl while the third man felt her up lasciviously and Yonghwa’s only logical guess was that the girl’s constant squirming and movement were attempts to keep their groping hands away from her body.

“What in the world?! No self-respecting girl would allow that!” Yonghwa thought to himself and walked closer cautiously with the intent to help should the need arise.

Seo Jin felt more and more woozy and tried to stand up when her world started spinning around and the blinking colourful lights at the club added an extra impact to the vertigo.

Alarm bells were ringing in her head. Her heartbeat accelerated. “What is happening to me? How is it possible to get drunk on a glass of orange juice.” She scoured her brain  for answers and then it dawned on her that her drink could have been spiked. “Stupid… stupid…” She chided herself.  

The effect hit her rather rapidly and she soon found it increasingly difficult to control her body. “Gosh, why is my body not responding to what I tell it to do? Why are they surrounding me? Let go of my arms!” She swung her limbs as she swayed losing equilibrium.  

Her stomach churned like the butterflies had all gone berserk and fluttered their wings wildly. She was afraid, so damn petrified at what those men probably had installed for her. It would take a moron to not know that she needed to run away… to escape… to flee from what felt like a thousand hands assaulting her body. Desperate tears rolled down her cheeks as she squeezed her eyes tight and shook her head, in hope that it would improve lucidity.

With sheer determination and desperation, she took in a deep breath and shouted with all her might, “Don’t touch me!... Help me!... Help!”

Yonghwa heard her unmistakeable desperate call for help and thought that voice sounded familiar. He quickened his steps and recognised her at first sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter