2nd day in Japan – Abandoned (Yong’s part)

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa woke up missing Hyun. He was smiling as he reached for his mobile and dialled her number but she did not pick up the call. He then proceeded to send her a text message. “Missing my goddess this morning. What is your schedule like today? I should be able to get off after 9pm.”

8 hours and 10 messages after, Yonghwa found that his reason to smile had abandoned him. He did not understand how did it all go south.

Yonghwa had never understood how it felt when people said, “The higher the climb, the harder the fall.” He now understood how, exactly, it felt to have fallen. He was riding the high waves with Hyun in his arms just hours ago and now he could only stare gloomily out of his room window. Blaming himself over and over again for having taken advantage of her less sober state.

With last night’s memories still fresh in his mind, the room became unbearable to stay in. He stepped out with the intent to chase down a drink or five. Hoping that the alcohol would help cleanse his fresh wounds and take away the pain.

Yonghwa spotted her sitting by the pool, holding her mobile in her hand with her head bowed down. He walked towards her to stand in front of her and repeated his last text message to her, word for word. “Don’t turn your back on me.” Yonghwa’s voice was low and serious. She had not heard him speak in this manner before. She looked up at him, startled almost wary.

“Says who?” Hyun asked as she once again put on her poker face and looked into his eyes, refusing to back down. The wariness that clouded his eyes made her realize she may have said something wrong.

Yonghwa steady gaze held her eyes as he moved to sit in a chair opposite her. “If you are going to tease me and play me like a puppy, then do at least stick around to look at me. I like it very much to be teased by you. But do not walk away from me immediately after that, without giving me the chance to react. I do not know what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter