4th day back in Korea – Filling in the void (Yes… we finally are - Yong’s part)

Again... Perhaps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YongHwa had just alighted Hyun at Sinsa-Dong and was driving back home when he turned off the radio. He felt that he needed the silence to straighten out his thoughts.

The content of their earlier conversation replayed in his head and like a vinyl record stucked at a certain part of a song. The part where she said, “I don't want people to catch us together and risk another SNSD dating scandal,” just kept going on replay, over and over.

It felt like a thorn at the side of body scratching and digging into his flesh with each replay. While he told himself that the pain was a small price to pay as long as he could keep his relationship with Hyun, but that did not mean that he did not feel lousy. How was it that she would want to hide their relationship and to even refer to it as a scandal… it felt like she hammered the thorn deep into him.

If he was not the Jung YongHwa he is today, he may suspect that she was ashamed of him. The super idol Jung YongHwa today was not the rookie 5years ago no more. He was a recognised artist, established songwriter and producer, a renowned singer / performer, celebrated actor with over a million followers on social media. 

He told himself that the possible adverse reaction from overly zealous fans on both sides was likely the main reason holding her back and shoved all the disturbing, negative thoughts from his head.

Then again, he could not imagine how long would it be possible for a couple to date, hiding and dodging from the public’s attention like back alley rats when it should be a celebrated affair. And of course there was the worry of how they should manage their company’s manipulation when they were to break the news to their respective representing agency.

“Perhaps there is a lot more to prepare before letting the company know.” He rationalised and sighed. He told himself that he should talk to someone who had been through what he would encounter in future and Nichkhun came to mind. He activated the Siri function on his mobile to call Nichkhun, who picked up on the 3rd ring.

“Hey YongHwa, how are you man”.

“Hyung, I have been well... busy but well. And you?”

“Ok I suppose…. was just feeling like I need a drink and you called. Talk about timely.”

“Really? I was just thinking of asking you out for one too. I can swing by to pick you up if you are home. Give me say 20mins or so.”

“Great! Let me go get ready and I will see you at the driveway.”

“Cool. See you, Hyung.”

The last time YongHwa met Nichkhun met was at the year-end show months ago. As expected, after exchanging the usual pleasantries after Nichkhun got into the car, he teased YongHwa about that whole “near mindless monologue” he had with his Buin at the year-end show and YongHwa could only smile embarrassingly at the mention of it.

They ended up at a café a shop away from Chef Choi’s restaurant at Sinsa-dong and for some reason Nichkhun chose to sit outside of the café when YongHwa mentioned, “Both our girlfriends are just next door. Let me send Hyun a text to tell her that we are next door.” Nichkhun merely forced a smile and did not appear to have caught that YongHwa had let it slip about his relationship with Hyun.

YongHwa was thinking that Nichkhun was probably trying not to make a big deal of what he had just revealed as they were in public. But as they chatted further, he realised that something was amiss with Nichkhun that evening. Even though he was seated across from YongHwa, he kept peering out towards next door.

“Wah… Hyung, you must be missing Tiffany so much to keep looking towards next door even though we have not caught up with each other for a while now.” YongHwa mock complained.

“Yes, I do miss her really. I have not seen her for a while.” Nichkhun admitted unabashedly before smiling bitterly.

“Aish… would you like me to text Hyun and request that she end her party earlier then?” YongHwa chaffed and pretended to pick up his mobile. Just then, he heard someone called out, “YongHwa Oppa”. So he looked towards that direction and was surprised to find Seo Jin walking to stand before him.

“Hey Seo Jin, how are you… what are you doing here.”  YongHwa asked briefly and made a quick introduction. “And by the way, this is Nichkhun. Am sure you know him right…every woman in Korea probably does.” He kidded.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Seo Jin ibnida, YongHwa Oppa’s colleague at FNC.” Greeted Seo Jin and then went on to say that she is a fan of Nichkhun which was why she came forth intentionally to say hi in hope that YongHwa would introduce them when she saw them together.

“Jinjja? So I am being used here so you can meet Nichkhun? Wah… Hyung, you are still a super girl magnet even though you are taken.” YongHwa joshed further while Nichkhun returned the compliment, “Well, you are not doing so bad yourself. How many weeks have you reigned as the King of weibo again?”

“YongHwa Oppa, in my eyes, you are still the most handsome.” Seo Jin kept up the banter and laughed.

“Hey… Seo Jin, Brown-nosing is futile here. I am not CEO Han. I do not decide on your bonus numbers!” Yonghwa responded cheekily and that earned him a smack on his arm from Seo Jin.

They wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter