At The First Sight

Because I Love You

Hyemi POV -
It's gloomy, but it's exciting. I can believe I will marry my first love. But there's a pinch of bad feeling. Why wouldn't Kim Taehyung talk to me? It feels like he doesn't want me, he has no feelings. I thought this is just a company game. I've seen a lot of dramas, sometimes marriage is just a business to keep their companies alive, I hope Kim Group don't do those kind of things to me.

 

I often see Taehyung at school, he's handsome like usually. He still acts cold and don't care, what if he dumps me after our marriage?
Taehyung stands in front of his locker, he reads a book and his legs crossed. That what makes me never stop fall for him, I love everything about him. Sometimes he coughs and scratches his jawlines. Now I try to collect my courage to talk with him.

 

"Hi," I greet him, he doesn't look, keep going with his book. "Are you hungry? I've cooked rice cake if you want."
 

"No, thanks." his answers almost like mumble. Okay, that's not a good start.
 

"I wanna ask you something..... actually..... but, you look busy right now." I hide my hands behind my back. I want to go first, but his voice stops me like magnetic things.

 

"It is amazing, isn't it?" he laughs and closes his book.
 

"What amazing?"
 

"You will marry me, I didn't even give you a proposal, did I?" his left eyebrow raised, like a cunning criminal. His face says everything.

"You know what? I still keep the letter you gave, you're more adorable than I thought." He laughs while breathing so hard. Now I can't understand about what he said because his note is ambigous. He's happy, but he's not.
 

I try to find new topics to forget about this unclear marriage. So I think about something more fresh.
 

"Have you a little time after school? We can walk and strolling together around the city." I smile to him, but he pulls his lips and smirks.
 

"We gotta choose our wedding clothes," he changes his position to stand up straight and makes his lips closer to my ear. "I wanna see you wearing the most beautiful dress, wifey." he whispers. He steps aside and walks along the way, leaves me.

Author POV -
 

You just don't understand about Taehyung. You feel like he was forced to marry you. You think about him everytime until you forget you are lost in the wood behind your school. It proves that love makes you crazy.
 

Now you realize that you're not at the school hall anymore, you're lost. You start to worry, try to find way out. You bite your bottom lip, running here and there.
 

"Hello, is anybody here?" you shout, but no answer. Of course because you're alone. "Helloooo, I'm lost, can someone help me?! Oh ." you run on branches and roots, no matter how hard you run, you have to come back before the sun sets.
 

"No, no, no!!" you chattering but you can't chill yourself. You start to cry because no one in there, the sky turns dark and darker, your goose creeps because you're afraid, and the most terrible is the raven are flying here and there while releasing their voice, like singing death song. You shout for many times but no one comes.
 

"Somebody please help meee, I'm afraid, I don't wanna die here." Now you collapse, shed a tear and start crying. You can't hold the situation, it's too dark and creepy, you let your knee injured by the sharp branches, you don't feel any hurts beceause fear envelops the whole feelings you have.
 

"Lee Hyemi?" you hear someone calls your name. You gasp, but you don't feel better about this, you even forget how to breathe. ''Is that you?"
 

"Are you a ghost???!!! Noooo, please don't kill me. Whoever you are, Slenderman or Annabelle, please don't take my soul. I'm getting married, don't eat me!!!" you're completely a nut.
 

"Lee Hyemi, it's--"
 

"GO AWAAAAAYYYY!!!!!" you scream.
 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Chill!" there are two hands holding your shoulders. "It's me, Jungkook. I'm not Slenderman or Annabelle. I'm Jungkook."
 

Slowly, you sneak a peek at him. Now you see Jungkook's handsome face is right in front of you.
 

"Are you human?" your voice sounds tremble.
 

"Worse, we're classmate." he giggles after see your horible face.
 

"Huuufffttt, thank God." you limp on the branches. If you can scream and thanks to heaven because they sent you an angel, you will.
 

"What are you doing here? Get up!" Jungkook pulls you up. "Seriously, it's already dark and you crying inside this dark deep wood? Are you lost?" Jungkook looks around, check if there's a way to get out.
 

"And what are you doing here until you find me?" it seems like you have leukemia and dying.
 

"Are you crazy? I can hear your voice even I'm outside the wood. You make bats deaf."
 

"Oh." you can't think purely anymore.
 

"Now let's get out, looks very creepy here." Jungkook guides you to find a way. And finally you're free form that wood. You and Jungkook walk together on Gangnam street, now you can feel the hurt on your knee after too long kneel on the branches.
 

"Hey, I think I must carry you." Jungkook worries about you.
 

"No, you just saved my life. Thanks." you talk very weak.
 

"I heard about your marriage with Taehyung. Congrats." He smiles.
 

"How do you know that?"
 

"Are you forget? Jimin, Suga, and me are his bestfriends." says Jungkook, you sigh heavily. "We know everything about Taehyung."
 

"So, do you know if Taehyung really loves me or not?" you ask him. Jungkook feel confuse about that, he wants to tell you everything but he just afraid that his words could make you worse than now.
 

"You know....." Jungkook hides his hands on the back, "you know how selfish Taehyung is, isn't it? He doesn't really care about girls."
 

"The point is, he doesn't love me right?"
 

"I mean...." Jungkook scratches his own hair, try to find the right words to say, "you need to be more patient and treat him better. Over time, he will realize that you're everything he needs."
 

"Why me?"
 

"Because...." Jungkook stops his sentence. He looks down, his mood changed in one second. Jungkook never lie to everyone, but he does to himself. When you look at him, you know there's something wrong with him.
 

Sometimes he thinks about Taehyung too. No, he's not gay, he's 100% normal. But it's never become funny, fighting with your bestfriend because of the third person. They've been bestfriends since 12 years ago. And 12 years is not a little time, they've been through anything together. But there's one condition that Jungkook regretted.
 

"What's wrong?" you touch his shoulder.
 

"Even if Taehyung is careless or arrogant, he will never let anyone take you away from him." his face drowning.
 

"What?"
 

"I mean...." he raises again, try to hide anything from you. "One day he will fall for you. Trust me." he smiles.
 

"Really?"
 

Jungkook nods, "You must go to the tailor, I believe Taehyung is waiting for you there."
 

"Crap! How could I forget him?!" you slap your forehead, Jungkook laughs again. "I better go. Thanks for your help, Jungkook. Let me treat you ramyeon tomorrow. Ok? Call me anytime if you have some time." You hurry up and run to the tailor.
Jungkook smiles from your back, but his heart extremely drowning inside.

 

@ Tailor
 

"! I'm late!" you push the door harshly and looking for Taehyung or someone you know there. "Ah! There he is!" You run to catch him.
 

"Hey--"
 

"Do you know how long I've been here?" Taehyung looks at his watch in 'innocent' way.
 

"Sorry." you bite your bottom lips because you're nervous.
 

"What happen to your knees?" Taehyung glances at your eyes.
 

"I fell." you try to control your breathe.
 

"Forget it, now try your dress." you see a women is holding your dress and smiling at you. You come at her and follow her commands.
 

Meanwhile Taehyung is waiting in front of a big curtains. Yes, he's waiting for you.  He starts yawning and feels anything there is boring. But suddenly, the big curtain opens itself and showing a beautiful creature that wearing white long dress.
 

Yes, you're wearing it. You let your hair loose and showing your prominent collarbones. You can't move, Taehyung's eyes are too scary, you can't see his eyes. You think he doesn't like your appearance right now.
 

"How do I look?" you ask him nervously.
 

You are beautiful, Taehyung thought.
 

- Tbc -