Agreement

Because I Love You

I walk happily on the side walk. Today was a great day, I got A for my math test, and that was the first time in forever. I mean, I hate math, I don't know why. Math is extremely complicated and annoying. Why do I have to looking for X? Hey X, you're just past, it's better to looking for something new than X.


"Hey mom!" I take out my shoes in front of the door and greet my mom. But there is no answer. I 'explore' around the house just looking for my mom. And there she is, sitting on the floor while reading something. "Hey mom, I'm just here. I got A for math test."


"Lee Hyemi?" her voice sounds weak.
 

"Yes?"
 

"Come here for a while, I've got something to tell you?"
This is suspicious, my mom never be this strange as long as I live. I have bad feelings about her. She gives me a piece of paper and I see her face looks faded.

 

"What is this?" I ask her softly, but she doesn't answer. I don't wanna talk anymore and just go ahead with the paper in my hand.
 

From : Kim Group Korea

Recipent of this letter, Lee Hyemi, stated to marry our only heir of Kim Group, Kim Taehyung (Son of President Kim Group)
Please come to the residence of President to sign the agreement of this marriage.

The Undersigned below,
President of Kim Group

"MOM?!" I shock as hell. No, hell, this is a dream. Why does Kim Taehyung want to marry me? Is this a game or something? Or this is a miracle? I'm gonna marry to that handsome, cute, y, rich guy?
 

"What should I do?" my mom spluttering, I can see the mixed feelings in her eyes, I think I know what's in her mind.
 

"But this is impossible! How can they choose me this way? We need explanation!" 
 

"Now just, let me ask you something?" She grabs my hands, she sees my eyes full of hopes and I can feel her cold hands. "Do you still love Kim Taehyung?"
 

Yes, I do! Kim Taehyung is my love at the first sight. He never notices me but I do fall in love for him everyday, even everyday it's getting worst. I know maybe I'm stupid to love someone who doesn't even care of me, he doesn't look at me once, it is just impossible to touch his hands or talk with him,  he's cold and don't talk much, he only talks with his closest friends, he never glance with girls, and now he chooses me-the girl that never he look at-as his bridge to accompany his life.
 

"I do mom, but..... aren't we too young for marriage?" I feel something like dilemma in my heart. Yes I love Kim Taehyung, but I'am 17. Everyone wants to married at 30 and now I have to carry a baby at 20.
 

"The choice is up to you, it's your life."
 

"Mom, if I choose to marry him, will you be happy?"
 

"If you're happy, I'm happy too."
 

I hug my mom so tight, it feels like someone will take me away from her. I want to drop tears, but I can't. After dad left us because of another girl, I won't leave mom because of another guy. Maybe after my marriage with Kim Taehyung, my life, especially my mom's life will get better than now.
 

* * *
 

"So, this is the residence of President Kim?" My mom and I standing in front of the huge gate like a begger. We wear beautiful clothes (because we don't play aroud with President Kim) and try to be the politest person in the world. I can't believe my future husband will be this rich, and handsome absolutely. We ask the security how do we get in there and we have to show the letter from President for comfirmation. I believe there are lots of expesive things in their house.
 

"Mom, act normal and don't be tacky okay?" I whisper to my mom. And then come a pair of husband and wife, they're Taehyung's parents, two of many rich people in South Korea.
 

"Annyeong haseyo," my mom and me bow to them.
 

"Annyeong," the President answers us, "so, you're Lee Hyemi, aren't you?"
 

"Yes, I'am." I almost die.
 

"Where's your father?" asksthe mother.
 

"We splitted up." I say it fast.
 

"Oh." they just nod and try to forget about it. "Umm, take a seat please!" they allow us to sit. Now we sit together face to face, I'm nervous and I can't handle it. This is the first time I talk to honoured people. The president wears suit and tie, his wife wears dress and high heels, now there are my mom and me, who look like nuts.
 

"We hope you read my letter, it's necessary."
 

"I did. But why do you choose me as the bridge? I mean, this is very suddenly and I'm not Taehyung's girlfriend or his fiancee." I run out of patient too early. My mom tells me to not speak too loud, this is the feeling of nervous and excited. I loose control.

"We apologize for that. We should discuss about this first, but we afraid that you won't accept our proposal." The President looks worried and feels sorry. It seems like they store a hope, like they really wanted me.
 

"Actually," my mom starts speaking, "why would you choose my daughter? We aren't rich, we never know each other before, my daughter is fatherless, and why would you choose her to marry your son? Won't he regret it?" 
 

"We once saw Hyemi at the school, she looks really calm and soft. We once asked the teacher too about Hyemi, she said that Hyemi is a hard worker and her passion for life is really high for her mom."
 

Oh noooo, why did Kwon seonsaengnim tell them about me? And why she told me about those unimportant things like that? Uuuuh, my neck feels really hot.
 

"And one thing that make us very confident about you is, you love our son, isn't it?"
 

"Eh? Excuse me?"
 

Now, things are getting weird. Why Taehyung's parents know that I'm in love with him? If I could dead right now, I would.
 

"Taehyung said you gave him a confession letter about love."
 

That confession letter, the dumbest letter ever exist in the world. They must be think I'am crazy.
 

"But marriage isn't a joke thing, it's about my life and my mother's life. Can you guarantee our happiness after the marriage?" I ask them seriously, their face turn to serious too.
 

"We beg you to accept our son with his advantages or disadvantages. Maybe you know how Taehyung treats the others, he doesn't have good manners. After all the things that happened to him, we decided to set him up, please take care of him, we'll give everything you need." the wife looks sluggish.

I know. Taehyung maybe rich, handsome, amazing, like a God, but too bad his attitude breaks everything. Sometimes he treats girls badly, he doesn't respect them, i know everything about him because I'am his biggest stalker. And it's sad to know that Taehyung always in trouble.
 

"Now can you sign here?" The president gives me a piece of paper with a pen on it. I read it first, it's the same letter like mine, but there's Taehyung's signature at the bottom. "It's just a written statement as a proof that you officially married to Kim Taehyung, not contract or illegal." the wife explains. I take the pen and look at my mom. 
 

"I do this because I love him and my mom, okay?"
 

Now we all agree with this marriage. I let the pen dances on the paper and draws my beautiful signature. I hope my life will be more beautiful than my signature after I marry Kim Taehyung.

- Tbc -