Beside Taehyung

Because I Love You

Author POV -
 

"Hey, Lee Hyemi!!" shouts a girl from behind you. You smile after seeing her. She runs at you and suddenly hugs you tight.

"W-what is this, Jiyeon-ah?" you hug her back.

"I heard that you'll marry Kim Taehyung, finally! Ugh, I envy you." Jiyeon jumps for several times and clenches her arms tight.
 

"Why would you envy me?" you laugh and think about any problems that you have with Taehyung. She shouldn't envy you just because Taehyung is handsome.
 

"You're going to marry Kim Taehyung, the mooost amazing guy in this school. He's handsome, he's rich, he's famous, oh, he has no disadvantages." you enjoy your bestfriend's fancy and let her dreaming. Deep in your heart, you cry and wondering why would you marry a guy like Taehyung.
 

"Just in the school, not in the world." you swing your hand.
 

"It's the same!" Jiyeon becomes very stubborn, but you know your bestfriend's character, although she's too much crotchet, she's really loyal to you.
 

You walk together at the school hall while talking to her. Many things are discussed, love and life, happy and sad, in and out, Jiyeon never tired to hear your complains, even in the midnight.That's why she's something special in your life, so also you to Jiyeon.
 

"So, how is the preparation?" asks Jiyeon.
 

You sigh first and tell everything the truth. "So far... there's no problem in preparation. But my heart needs more strength."
 

"Why? You just have to marry him." Jiyeon smiles.
 

"Hey, marriage isn't a joke. It determines your life." you keep your head down and wind blows your hair, Jiyeon feels something different from you.
 

"You marry a perfect guy, which is your first love. You are lucky." Jiyeon looks at you. She's taller than you so she has to look a lil bit down to see your full face.
 

"I hope so." You force your expression to be happy.
 

"I thought every girl love Taehyung." Jiyeon pouts.
 

"I do, but Taehyung is just a human, he's not perfect."
 

You and Jiyeon laugh and tease each other, you never feel so happy except with her. But suddenly a guy appears right in front of you.
He's Jeon Jungkook, a tall guy who has handsome face and cute act. He smiles at you both and he looks very cool while carrying a basketball.

 

"Am I bothering you?" he scratches his hair.
 

"Hey, Jungkook!" Jiyeon waves at Jungkook, and Jungkook replies her softly.
 

"No, we're strolling, wanna join?" you offer him.
 

"Yeah sure. You guys are talking about Taehyung, right?" guesses Jungkook, you feel ashamed. Sure, who else would you talking about? Your main problem now is only Taehyung and your blurred marriage.
 

"We didn't meant to, we're sorry." you say.
 

"Why sorry? Everyone is talking about Taehyung..... and you." Jungkook points at you. You know this would happen.
 

"Hmm, my bestfriend is famous right now." Jiyeon hugs you from aside and lays his head on your shoulder.
 

You guys are talk much and forget the time, until Jiyeon has to go because her mom nags at her. So now just you and Jungkook left, but you still talk about your broom, Taehyung.
While enjoying evening's wind at Seoul, you and him sitting together with the beautiful Banpo bridge scenery. It's a little cold there, but Jungkook's voice warms you and keeps you relax. Sometimes you wish Taehyung would be like him.

 

"I saw your pre-wedding photos."
 

"Wait... what?" you shock because you thought no one will see the photos until the wedding day.
 

"It's kinda..... naughty and dirty." Jungkook wrinkles his face.
 

"Were Jimin and Suga see it too?"
 

"We were the first one who seen it." Jungkook smirks. Your face is flat, no expression except a 'give up-gwiyomi' expression. "Don't make that face, it's cute." Jungkook laughs, you smile automatically. You never heard a guy calls you cute or beautiful. But Jungkook keeps butterflies in your stomach.
 

"Hmmm," you rolled your eyes, "please don't tell me that I'm wrong."
 

"What?"
 

You look at Jungkook seriously. "Because I chose Taehyung as my first love."
 

"Why? He's really your first love, isn't he?"
 

"No, I mean........" you cover your face with your hands, take heavy breathe and try to relax yourself. "My mom said, first love isn't someone that we like for the first time. It doesn't matter if he or she is the tenth person."
 

"Sooo.... what's the definition for 'first love'?" Jungkook is curious and makes his face closer to you.
 

"First love is the one who can make you feel like you're the one and only and accepts your everything." your eyes focus on the rainbow water that falls from the bridge. You think again of Taehyung and wonder, is he really your first love or not? Are you really love him or just because his awesomeness?
 

You look at Jungkook's eyes accidentally. You never feel this warm to see someone's eyes. Your distance with him is only five centimeters. His eyes is black, really dark and deep, you heart beating like a racer, the feel is almost same like the first time you gave the confession letter to Taehyung, it's killin you.
 

You realize that you've been like this for several minutes. You move slowly without making an awkward situation, so you just change your eyes direction to your skirt. Besides, you like that moment.
 

"I'm hurt because of my first love. Should I still call her my first love?" Jungkook asks you slowly. Without you know, he talked about you.
 

You look at him again and find the right sentence to say. "Do you still love her?"
 

"Yes, even now she belongs to someone else, I never stop loving her." he answers you softly.
 

You bite your bottom lip and let Jungkook sees your face closer. It's frustrating to see Jungkook drowning recently, among Taehyung's friends, Jungkook is the only one who undertands you and he's the closest one to you. Could be this a friendzone thing? You like

Jungkook, but you never thought if Jungkook would fall for you when you fall for someone else.
Your lips is now closer to his lips, get closer even closer. Jungkook can't hold his feeling, he kisses you softly right on your lips. You're surprised, but this is the real sense of love, you don't even reject it or refuse, and there are many bombs in your stomach.
After few seconds of gloomy kissing you can't even look at his chin. This is the most weird moment that ever happened.

 

"Should.... should I cancel this marriage?" your voice rocking and sounds weak. Jungkook shook his head so fast.
 

"Keep going with him." he smiles.
 

"And you...."
 

"I'm drunk, sorry." he rubs his eyes and regrets everything. You give him a smile, you hope it can make Jungkook feels better. 
 

"You have to come to my wedding ceremony, okay? Don't avoid anything. I want you to be there." ask you to him. He nods and smiles again.
 

"I will."
 

- Tbc -