Essence of Time

Phoenix Sisters

*2 days later*

"MS.KIM!!"

"MS.LIU!!"

"MS.CHOI !!" 

All employees of Jung Enterprises greeted TaeSooBer with utmost happiness when they saw the three women enter the company with JeTiKrys. Of course they didn't know about TaeSooBer's fake 'death' and the drama between TaeSooBer and the Hwang-Jung family. All they knew was that TaeSooBer had left indefinitely without any reasons as to why. The employees were fond of TaeSooBer since the three sisters got along with everyone and vice-versa. 

It took an extra 20 minutes for the heiresses to reach their office because of the celebration of TaeSooBer's return. Seriously. Department managers were already talking about throwing a welcome back party for TaeSooBer.

"That was fast."

"What?" Sooyoung asked, peeking at Jessica's laptop. Too close to Jessica's comfort that it annoyed her. Jessica turned her laptop away from Sooyoung's eyes, scooted back on her chair and glared at the latter. Sooyoung chuckled and stood up straight, her arms crossed and an amused smile on her face. "Sorry. It wasn't intentional."

"What is it unnie?" Krystal asked from the sofa. Tiffany was sitting next to her, sipping on her morning coffee. Taeyeon and Amber was seated on either side of their respective heiresses, drinking tea calmly.

Jessica closed her laptop and walked over to sit in the chair across from Krystal and Tiffany. Sooyoung remained at her original spot, but simply shifted around on her heels so she was facing the others. 

"Each department is requesting to have a 'welcome back' party for those three losers." Jessica pointed at TaeSooBer with a nonchalant expression. Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber were touched that at least some people are happy that they are alive and well.

"What do you say?"

"I don't know yet." Jessica answered with a dismissive tone. Tiffany nodded her head and set her cup down on the table.

"I say instead of a welcome party, we should discipline these three." Krystal suggested with a sparkle in her eyes as she stared right at Amber, who retaliated with a look of disbelief. 

"Hello. We are still here. We can hear everything." 

"Technically, we are their employers so we can't discipline them like criminals. I have a better idea." Tiffany suggested with a grin to Jessica and Krystal, ignoring Taeyeon's comment.

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber just stared at each other knowingly. This won't be good.

--------------------------------------

*4 hrs later*

"Lunch time." Krystal merrily mumbled to herself, standing up from her chair and stretching. She couldn't believe 4 hours have passed by already so fast. She checked her text message to see that her sister and cousin were just waiting for Taeyeon and Sooyoung. And that they will all meet down in the lobby.

"Hm..where is that stupid then? She should be here by now." Krystal gathered up her purse and was just about to open her office door when someone beat her to it from the other side. It was unexpected.

"AHHH!!" Amber and Krystal screamed in fright together. 

"Yah! You &*%$^%!!!" Krystal cursed and used her right fist to hit Amber's head, making the latter cower back in pain.

"Ow!!! Why did you hit me?" Amber rubbed her aching head, while she glared at Krystal but it looked like she was just closing her eyes. Krystal huffed in annoyance and pushed Amber out of her way so she can get out. Amber had no choice but to follow, with her aching head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I probably have a concussion now from her rock fist." Amber growled as she rubbed the side of her head that was no swollen. Taeyeon and Sooyoung held back from laughing while Tiffany and Jessica had no guilt in laughing at Amber's misery. "As if I didn't suffer enough from being the substitute janitor for 4 hours."

"Hey. Your sisters were with you. It wasn't as if you did all the work by yourself." Jessica paused to state and then resumed laughing again.

"You deserve it. Next time, knock." Krystal defended her action, while her sister and cousin continued to laugh. Amber turned to Taeyeon and Sooyoung for help but then saw how Taeyeon and Sooyoung's silence started to break into chuckles. Amber couldn't believe it!

"Both of you are suppose to be on my side!!" 

"We are!" Taeyeon defended. 

"Yeah!" Sooyoung agreed with a serious look. Both stopped laughing but that only lasted a few seconds because one look at Amber and they let out another cry of laughter. Jessica and Tiffany were still have small fits of laughter while Krystal calmly ate her chicken parmesan as if nothing happened.

"That's it!!!" Amber angrily stood up from her seat and attempted to grab Taeyeon and Sooyoung who quickly dodged her attack. As TaeSooBer fought with each other in the private room that was booked for their lunch, they forgot that they weren't alone. But it wasn't like JeTiKrys were going to stop them. Even if they were to tear each other apart because honestly, the heiresses were having a very good time with the entertainment in front of them while they ate.

Overall, lunch went well...at least for Jessica, Tiffany and Krystal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi sweeties. How was work today?" Mrs. Hwang asked when JeTiKrys entered the mansion with TaeSooBer behind them. 

"Bleh." Jessica answered, slumping down to sit on the sofa, placing her bag on the floor.

"Satisfying." Krystal was referring to her hitting Amber and smiled as she answered.

"No comment." Tiffany retorted, slumping down on the sofa as well, throwing her bag on the floor. "Where is everybody else? And why are you all dressed up?" Tiffany asked, finally noticing that her step-mom was wear a rather luxurious dress.

"Ah...your dad and I have to attend Mr. Ham's 55th birthday celebration held at the Seoul Hotel. Hana will be going with us and so is your Uncle and Aunt." 

"My parents are? Then where are they?"

"Ah. They left first with Heechul." Mrs. Hwang answered. Jessica nodded her head and closed her eyes if it wasn't for the sudden thought that came to her mind. "Wait! Then does that mean we are home alone...with those things?" She pointed at TaeSooBer with a disgusted and apalled expression.

TaeSooBer just rolled their eyes as they focused on their phones while Tiffany and Krystal laughed and high-fived each other at that comment.

"Be nice Jessica." 

"Psh. They don't deserve it." came the bold answer.

Mrs. Hwang was just about to lecture the heiresses again but got a call from her husband. "Your father is waiting for me in the car. So I have to go now. All of you behave." She was referring to JeTiKrys. "Oh. And Siwon will be escorting us so no need to worry!" She smiled at them before running off toward the garage.

"Gosh. I need a bath." Tiffany announced with a wave of her hair, as she turned around to leave. 

"I just want to sleep." Krystal added with a yawn and wave of her hands as she followed Tiffany. Jessica nodded in agreement and followed them with her eyes half closed. 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber left in the opposite direction as well, toward their own rooms. TaeSooBer had decided to stay in the guestrooms for the meantime until they figure out where to stay. As long as TaeSooBer was within distance of the heiresses, all will be well.

"Hey! Aren't you guys forgetting something?" Krystal inquired with a smug grin as she pointed at the stuff on the floor. " Pick our stuff up and put it away."

"Pick it up yourselves. They belong in your rooms, which is where all of you are going." Amber said in a stern matter-of-fact tone. Amber was not going to pick up after them. 

"Are you disobeying your boss?" Krystal marched back down the steps and confronted Amber face-to-face. "Or should I throw in a few bucks to make you obey?"

Now Krystal was just insulting Amber. Amber scoffed at Krystal's ridiculous statement. "Why? Does that turn you on Ms. Jung? Should I strip for you too so I am worthy of that money you will give me?"

"Yah! Do you want to die?!" Krystal yelled into Amber's face.

"I did nothing wrong." 

"You are the definition of wrong. I should have never trusted you."

Amber widened her eyes. Not that she didn't expect those words but it still made Amber feel awful about herself. 

"Hey! She's right. All three of you work for us." Jessica sided with Krystal, interrupting Kryber moment. "Clean up our stuff and there won't be any trouble." Jessica was now confronting Amber as well. 

"We are your bodyguards. Not your baby-sitters or maids." Sooyoung backed up Amber, looking at Jessica sternly. "Be responsible."

"Responsibility? Psh. You are not the one to give me a lecture on that." Jessica's eyes darkened. "I wasn't the one who lied and broke an innocent person's heart for their own selfish greed." Jessica coldly stated, staring at Sooyoung a bit longer before eyeing Taeyeon and Amber as well. "Right?"

Sooyoung stay silent and still. Jessica won't listen to anything she has to say anyways.

"In that case, excuse us then. We will pick up your things. We do not want to start any more un-necessary problems." Taeyeon apologized. She nudged Amber and Sooyoung to apologize, even if they were not at fault.

"Sorry." Amber and Sooyoung reluctantly apologized  before picking up the stuff on the floor.  The hieresses left. Taeyeon couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched. And sure enough, when she lifted her head up with all of Tiffany's things in her hands, she saw Tiffany's cold, hateful stare. It lasted for a few more seconds before Tiffany turned around to leave. Taeyeon sighed. Even though Tiffany didn't say much, her cold, empty eyes as it stared right into Taeyeon's soul said it all: Tiffany hates Taeyeon.

And hate, was exactly the word to sum up how Jessica and Krystal felt toward Sooyoung and Amber too.

-------------------------------------------------------

Its been 2 weeks since they have come back and now, TaeSooBer were currently in a fancy restaurant. Why? Because JeTiKrys had dinner plans with some hotshot chaebol heiresses. Why was TaeSooBer there at the dinner? Because they had no choice. Duh.

"Why are we here again?" Sooyoung annoyingly asked as she twirled the water around in her cup as she glanced across her table to the other table occupied by the heiresses. "It's THEIR DATE. Not ours." 

Amber scoffed when she heard Krystal released a high laughter when her date seemingly told her a joke. "I don't understand why she does this to herself."

"What?"

Amber turned to Taeyeon and tilted her chin toward Krystal. "She is obviously bored but is just faking all the smiles and laughters. Trust me. I know." 

Cue another fake laughter from Krystal, who had an expression of boredom on her face. "See what I mean?" Amber stated, pointing at Krystal with her thumb. 

"Oh." Taeyeon muttered, studying Tiffany's behavior next. "Hm. Tiffany seems...okay."

Tiffany was just smiling here and there at her date. Almost as if she was trying too hard to smile. forcing a chuckle when her date got too close for comfort. She would sigh once in a while when her date backed off.

"She has it under control. Besides, they deserve a break." Taeyeon cooly concluded, continuing to play her Panda Pop game on her phone. Sooyoung sighed and shook her head as she took another glance at Jessica. 

Jessica was touching and leaning into her date as she laughed. While her date's facial expression was quite... different. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at this interaction and smiled. At least shes having fun.

5 hours later....

"Wow...wasn't that just the funnest 4 hours of our lives?" Sooyoung asked aloud with a bright smile when everyone arrived back at the mansion. It was already 10:30pm. And from the darkness that surrounded the house, it seemed like the rest of the family were asleep. 

"Yeah/Sure." Taeyeon and Amber simultaneously answered, not bothering to look back as they walked toward the kitchen to the sliding door that seperated the mansion from the backyard. Tiffany and Krystal didn't even have time to say anything nor did TaeBer have anything to say. So KrysFany left for their rooms.

TaeSooBer had decided that in contrast to the initial idea of staying in the guest rooms, it was better for them to stay further away from JeTiKrys. JeTiKrys hated their existence so its best to stay further away if not in the same room. Staying too close to JeTiKrys might be troublesome so TaeSooBer decided to stay in the poolhouse in the backyard. It was a perfect, cozy shelter for the three of them. In order to provide the best security, TaeSooBer took turn patrolling and monitoring the surveillance.

"Lock up before you leave Soo." Taeyeon reminded, sliding the door shut behind her. 

Sooyoung stayed by the stairway until the heiresses had returned to their rooms.  

"Good night Sica." Sooyoung whispered with a soft smile before she descended the stairs to join her sisters.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll stay for the first two hours. Both of you sleep." Amber volunteered with smile, drying off her hair with the towel in her hands before laying it flat on her bed.  Hearing no response from her sisters, Amber walked over to them.  Taeyeon and Sooyoung were sitting at table with the 6 surveillance monitors and seemed bothered. "What's wrong?"

Taeyeon pointed to the 2nd and 5th monitor screen. "The picture on these screens are blurry. The wires needs to be readjusted." Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung and Amber. "I'll go fix them. Both of you stay here. Sooyoung, go ahead and sleep first. Amber can take the first watch."

Sooyoung shook her head. She had a better idea. "Why don't you and I both go? Each of us can work on one of the cameras. It will be faster and both of us can come back together."

"Sooyoung can be smart." Amber joked and faked shocked expression, earning a smack from Sooyoung. "But, thats a good idea. Go ahead. I'll monitor from here.  Just be careful. Even with the surveillances, you can never lose your guard. No matter where or what kind of situation. Yoona and her sisters can strike anytime."

"We should be fine. We made a deal with them." Sooyoung reasoned, grabbing two small case of tools and gave one to Taeyeon. 

"You trust them?" Amber inquired with a scoff. "I don't."

"Neither do we." Taeyeon calmly answered. "But we will have to deal with anything they throw at us. Do not worry."

"It's not the two of you I'm worried about." Amber seriously retorted before turning away to monitor the screens. A sign for TaeSoo to leave and they did.  

Once the door shut, Amber sighed, pinched her temple out of stress and focused her forlorn eyes on the monitor facing Krystal's room. This would be the only time that Amber can actually be in peace and not worry about Krystal's safety. When Krystal is safely in her room, in her home and away from Amber.

--------------------------------------------------------

Krystal is getting sick and tired of this. Every time she walks, she will hear footsteps behind her. Everytime she stops, so will the person behind her. Closing her eyes and turning around abruptly, Krystal glared at Amber. Amber merely gulped, innocently smiled and waved. 

"Hi." came the Amber's chirpy reply. 

Krystal stomped right up to Amber, with her glare intact. "Do you not have any work to do?"

"Your work is my work."

Amber's smile only annoyed Krystal even more. "You finished all of your janitorial work? If you are, why don't you leave me alone?"

"Oh. I finished cleaning a while ago. Why are you making me leave? Hm? Hm? Hurtful." Amber teased, frowning and pretending to cry. Although her crying face looked like she was constipated and Amber's whining made it seem like a lost puppy. Krystal bursted out laughing.

Amber smiled upon seeing Krystal laughing. Krystal was laughing so much she didn't even realize she was holding onto Amber's arm for support as her stomach started to hurt from laughter. Amber didn't even feel the touch because she felt very happy to be able to see Krystal like this again and it made her feel warm. 

"What's so funny?" a woman's voice interjected, ruining the happy moment. 

Krystal and Amber turned toward the direction of the voice and saw that it was none other than Jessica Jung. Sooyoung was right behind Jessica, with an amused smile. Jessica had her arms crossed and she looked at the postures between Amber and Krystal with curiosity. 

"Krystal. Why are you holding onto Amber?" She pointed to Krystal's hand on Amber's arm with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. Krystal. Why are you holding on to my sister so tightly?" Sooyoung teased and nudged Krysal teasingly.

Upon noticing the physical contact, Krystal stepped away from Amber and pushed the latter. "Nothing." Krystal quickly replied, fixing her hair before power-walking ahead. Jessica was going to ask Amber about what happened but an explosion from outside distracted her. And no doubt, it also got the attention of others.

Krystal immediately fell down from the sudden tremble of the explosion and covered her head protectively with her hands. In no time, Amber was with her and quickly, but gently, pulled Krystal to stand up. 

"Are you okay?" Amber asked, checking Krystal from head to toe to make sure there were no injuries.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Krystal answered.

Amber believed Krystal and concluded that the heiress had no injuries before turning around to observe the current situation. Everyone was running around, confused and scared. She saw Sooyoung in the distance holding Jessica in her arms.

Fortunately, only a few things rattled and fell from inside the building since most of the power of the explosion was concentrated outside. But still, seeing that everyone was running outside, that was where SooBer had to go as well. 

"Where's Tiffany?"

"She had to attend a meeting with-"

"Jessica! Krystal!!" Jessica didn't finish her sentence before turning around toward the voice to see Tiffany and Taeyeon running toward them from the opposite direction. 

"Tiffany!!" JeKrys held onto Tiffany's arms automatically, glad that each other was safe and unharmed. 

"Where were did you go?" Sooyoung asked her older sister as soon as Taeyeon arrived. Just like Sooyoung and Amber, Taeyeon was alarmed and distraught. 

"Tiffany had to attend a meeting. The elevator literally jammed after we got off the 4th floor. Conveniently, right before the explosion." Taeyeon explained, in a very serious tone. 

"What happened?" Jessica asked, eyes in the direction where everyone was running out to. No doubt, a large cloud of black smoke was emitting from  outside. 

"Let's find the answer."

Sooyoung led the way with the others following close behind.

----------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving outside, TaeSooBer and JeTiKrys had to pushed their way through the big crowd just to get a good luck on what caused the explosion. All that they saw was a bus and a car on fire, with the firetruck and police at the scene already. The explosion occurred on the main road in front of the company.

All that was seen was cops arresting a few men. And from the judge of the men, they were not good guys at all. Even Heechul, Jonghyun and Siwon were at the crime scene, delegating commands to the other officers.

"What happened?" 

"Oh. Taeyeon. Are you guys alright?" 

"We are fine Siwon. What happened?" Sooyoung repeated, looking at the burnt carcass of the bus and car that had been watered down by the firefighters. The fire was almost distinguished and the crowd gradually breaking up.

"We were chasing these gangs and a few of them decided to bomb these cars to delay capture. But we still caught them despite the damage. So far, no injuries."

"That's good." Tiffany softly stated with a sigh. "Any closer and it would have been our company."

"Fortunate we all are." Jonghyun agreed, resting his hands on his hips. "But, it is strange. It seemed almost as if the gangsters didn't want to cause any further harm."

"Why do you say that?"

"It's just a thought Krystal. Don't worry about it." Heechul retorted, ruffling her hair playfully. "Go back to work. We will take care of it here."

"Fine oppa. But-Hey!" Krystal shouted in annoyance when Amber suddenly stood between her and Heechul. "What's  your problem?"

"Just want to leave already. See you later Heechul." Amber waved goodbye to Heechul before turning Krystal around and pushing her to walk back to the company. Taeyeon and Sooyoung grabbed a hold of Tiffany and Jessica too, pushing them in the same direction. It was difficult considering how much people were there to watch or freaking out.

"Hey! Yah!!" They protested  but could not go against the force of TaeSooBer. "Bye oppas!!!" the heiresses quickly bid, as they continued to be pushed. Every time they turned their head, TaeSooBer would take the liberty to turn it back to the front.

"Pay attention to where you are going." Taeyeon reprimanded Tiffany, as she flicked Tiffany's forehead to pay attention. "Why can't you be like Jessica and Krystal?" 

Tiffany looked and saw that Jessica and Krystal were not any better. "Yah!! They hate it as much as I am now."

Taeyeon ignored Tiffany and kept her eyes focused to the front. "Be a good girl and just keep walking."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next morning- 7:06am*

"Where did the three of you disappear to yesterday night?" Tiffany inquired, looking at Taeyeon to Amber then to Sooyoung. Jessica and Krystal did the same. The maids said all of you weren't in the pool house when they called you guys for dinner."

"We just went to visit our dad." Amber calmly retorted, sitting down on the breakfast table. "Good morning." Amber bowed down to the elders, who were already eating. 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung greeted the elders and sat down opposite Tiffany and Jessica.

"You three were gone for a long time. Is Uncle alright?"

"Our father is doing well. Thanks for the concern Krystal." Taeyeon kindly answered with a small smile. "Amber. Don't forget to show Donghae the plans for the additional pediatric hospital wing."

"I will do it later." 

"Hey you. What happened to your arm?" Jessica asked Sooyoung, looking and pointing at the bandage on the latter's right forearm. 

"Jessica. Don't call her 'you'." Mrs. Jung lectured, before asking in concern, "Sooyoung. Did you get hurt?"

"!" Sooyoung mentally reprimanded herself. Lifting up her arm, she shook her head. "It's nothing." she assured with a smile.

"How did you get that? You were fine when we left the company yesterday. How did this happen?!" Jessica lifted up the arm and examined it. Sooyoung wasn't sure how to explain it.

"Were you being a careless, idiot?!"

"Calm down Jessica. It's just a small cut." Sooyoung calmly answered. But Jessica didn't believe her.

"This is a big bandage for a small cut." Jessica angrily reasoned, letting go of the arm. "Tell me. Now." She demanded in English.

"It doesn't matter." Sooyoung stood her ground. She knew Jessica was serious when she speaks in English.

"Jessica. Calm down." Mr. Jung commanded before turning to Amber. "Is it related to the explosion yesterday near the company?"

With a warning jab to the stomach from Taeyeon, who was cooly sipping her tea for show, Amber knew she had to think fast.  "Yes. She got the cut when she was pushing through the crowd with Jessica?" Amber nervously exchanged glances with Taeyeon to see if she said the right thing.

"Are you asking us?" Tiffany retorted, not sure why Amber was acting odd. And she saw the glances to Taeyeon. "Why are you looking at her for?"

"What's wrong with looking at me?"

"You two are acting fishy."

"Fish? I like to eat fish.

"What the-?" Tiffany could not believe that she was seeing and hearing this from Kim Taeyeon right now. "Why are you playing stupid with me?"

"What does Amber have to do with me liking to eat fish?" Taeyeon asked, confused. "Do you know why Sooyoung?"

Sooyoung shrugged. "No idea."

"Yah Tiffany. I would never expect you to call me 'stupid' too. Hurtful".

"Oh my god."

"Why is God dragged into this?" Now it was Sooyoung's turn to question Tiffany's logic. 

"That's it. I'm done."

"Stupid."

"Yes Krystal?" came Amber's immediate, natural response. 

"I know you are lying."

"Huh? No!" Amber let out a nervous laughter. "Of course not." 

"Why didn't we see the cut then?"

"Because she was wearing a long sleeve jacket. Duh!"

"No she didn't."

"Yes she was."

"No."

"Yes."

"You were hallucinating."

"What?!" Krystal wanted to choke Amber and beat her to a pulp at that moment. How dare she question Krystal's psychological mentality? "Say that again."

"You.Were. Hallucinating." Amber reiterated each word. Making sure to smile at the end.

"That's it!!" Krystal suddenly stood up from her chair, reaching over to grab Amber and choke her but then...

Out of nowhere...

"Its true. It happened yesterday when we were squeezing through the crowd." Taeyeon stated. "Remember when you and Sooyoung were pushed and fell?"

Jessica remembered the falling part. But they fell on the grass. "Yes but-"

"But what?"

"Are you saying, that the Giant there cut herself on grass?"

"Bravo! There is your answer." Taeyeon said with a satisfied smile, as if she resolved the world's most hardest problem. "Let's leave now before we are late for work." Taeyeon didn't let Tiffany say anything and just ushered her to leave.

"Let's go!!" Sooyoung and Amber enthusiastically exclaimed, pulling Jessica and Krystal from their chairs.

"Good job." Amber whispered to her sisters. They high-fived each other with a grin when the heiresses weren't looking. They worked well in playing fools to avoid trouble with the JeTiKrys.

---------------------------------------------------------

The elders gave up a while ago. They rather just ate their breakfast without trouble and left the table. If Sooyoung say she is  okay, they will take her word for it. Easy as that. So when their daughters and TaeSooBer informed them of their departure, they happily waved goodbye.

"Do you still think that those girls are no good for your daughters?" Mrs. Hwang asked, still waving goodbye to Taeyeon and them.

"Why the sudden question?"

"Just curious."

"Yes."

"Really?" Mrs. Jung asked. Mr. Hwang nodded his head firmly.

Mrs. Jung sighed. "Okay. But give them a chance."

"We are doing that now aren't we?" Mr. Jung answered, looking at his wife sternly.

"Honey. You know what I mean."

"Same for you dear." Mrs. Hwang said to her husband. 

The wives then left their husbands there, standing at the doorway. The two friends looked at each other, both not wanting to budge from their decision. They won't put their families at risk again. The arrangements with TaeSooBer are temporary. They had no better choice. No good will come out if TaeSooBer stayed any longer than necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Night Before*

Yoona retreated back from the force and wiped the warm, red liquid emitting from the cut on her lip. With a smirk, Yoona looked up at Sooyoung. "You have gotten better Sooshin." Yoona then placed her hand over the cut on the side of her stomach. "You managed to dodge most of my hits and hurt me. I'm impressed."

Sooyoung could still feel the slick, warmth of heat when her elbow came into contact with Yoona's jaws. But her face was all business, despite the blood running down the long, deep cut on her right forearm. Yoona had managed to cut Sooyoung's arm with her own sword. Both dealt damage to each other.

"Does it hurt?" Yoona mockingly asked, referring to the wound she inflicted on Sooyoung. "Deep and painful right?"

"That explosion was set up by you and your sisters." 

"Oh? I'm hurt at such accusation. It was the bad men's fault." She innocently feigned with a frown and blinked her eyes cutely. Angelic act won't trick Sooyoung. 

"We had a deal Yoona."

"We did. The heiresses weren't hurt."

"Other innocent lives could have been."

"So?"

Walking right up to Yoona,Sooyoung glared at Yoona. "I repeat. We had a deal. No innocent lives will be part of this. The next time you pull another stunt like today, I will make you regret."

"Oh? I am soooo scared." came the sarcastic remark. 

"I said I will make you regret it. Not frighten you. Do I need to say more to make you understand?" was the cold inquisition from Sooyoung.

Yoona narrowed her focus to the sword Sooyoung held in her left hand. It took a few long seconds before Yoona realized the meaning behind Sooyoung's words. 

 "You wouldn't." Yoona  challenged with a menacing stare.

Sooyoung." a voice intervened the tense atmosphere from behind Yoona. Looking over Yoona's shoulders, Sooyoung saw Taeyeon waiting for her, holding on to her own sword as well.

Sooyoung acknowledged Taeyeon's hint and walked toward her sister. But then Sooyoung halted right when she stood next to Yoona. 

Sparing one last glance to Yoona, Sooyoung warned, "The next time blood is shed, it won't just be yours and your sisters."

When Sooyoung finally walked past her, Yoona  turned around too. Just as Amber finally joined Taeyeon and Sooyoung, so did Sunny and Hyuna with Yoona.one

Sooyoung didn't look back and continued to walk on. Amber and Taeyeon sent one last warning glance to Sunny, Hyuna and Yoona before leaving to be enveloped in darkness.

---------

"You are hurt." Amber noticed the cut on Sooyoung's arm when they returned to the poolhouse at 4am. "Looks deep."

"A little bit." Sooyoung washed the blood with water and cleaned the cut with alcohol and bandage it. "I will live."

"So will I." Amber smiled and took off her shirt as well to take care of the cut on her side stomach.

"We have gotten worst injuries." Taeyeon stated, putting a bandage on her shoulder. Sunny had managed to sliced Taeyeon's right shoulder with her sword.

"Sooyoung. Your cut is most obvious. Make sure to cover it well so we don't get questioned tomorrow."

"I got it under control. No worries."

"Good. Because I don't want to deal with the wrath of Krystal. or Tiffany. Or Jessica." Amber warned Sooyoung. "Especially an angry Krystal."

"Yeah. If you that happens, you are on your own. I don't want to deal with HellFany." 

Quiet.

"How much time left?" Taeyeon asked aloud, as they laid in bed, waiting to succumb to sleep.

"Less than 2 months." Amber answered with a sigh, putting her hands behind her head. "Better than nothing."

"Yes. But time is not in our favor." Sooyoung said with a bitter chuckle.

"Time never is when you are happy." Taeyeon calmly answered.

 After that conversation, a comfortable period of silence followed as the sisters washed up and slept. Only in sleep , do they feel free from the grasps of their cruel fate. Yet, only in sleep, are they able to be in peace.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi:D Guess who's back? Back again? Anightangel's back...to kick . lol. Hello everyone. Been a long time. Love to hear back from all of you.

Thanks for all the supportive comments. Means alot to me. :)