Happiness

Phoenix Sisters

First...I would like to once again apologize for my week of no update...been so busy with research and work.:( Been so tired lately but thank goodness i'm on break now.:) I'll try to make up for what i didn't do for the last week. I miss all of you so much!! did you guys miss me??? *puppy eyes* HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

*The next day*

 

Once again, two loud voices can be heard throughout TaeSoober’s apartment. 

 

“Amber!!! Why didn’t you stop me from eating so much yesterday? Now I feel bloated.” Sooyoung was holding on to her stomach as if that will relieve her of her discomfort.  Amber, however, rolled her eyes and scoffed at her sister’s ridiculous accusation.

 

“Don’t you dare say that to me Soo….” Amber now pointed at Sooyoung and shook her finger side to side.   Amber then pointed to herself before continuing “…I tried biting, dragging, hitting, kicking, punching, screaming, pulling, pushing, blocking, pinching…” Amber took a deep breath before continuing. Sooyoung just stared at Amber blankly, as if she was in deep thoughts.

 

“…and I even lied to you that the food was expired to stop you. But nooooo!!!! You just kept eating, and eating, and eating!!!!!” Amber was now fuming with anger and her outburst made her feel a little better. If all that happened was a cartoon, Amber would be the character with steam coming out from her ears and head.  Amber was as red as a tomato.

 

Sooyoung then bursted out laughing, earning a deadly glare from Amber.

 

“What’s so funny?!” Amber irritatedly inquired, clearly not amused at all.

 

“Hahaha…Amber-you-you should…Hahaha..see your face. You’re a tomato now. Hahaha.” Amber just stayed silent and waited until Sooyoung stopped. After a few minutes, Sooyoung finally stopped and walked closer to Amber.

 

“Alright…I was wrong. I apologize. Now can you go make me some pancakes before we go to the baker?” Sooyoung asked with aegyo. When Amber seemed to be unaffected, Sooyoung increased her aegyo. “Pretty please Amber? Pweese???” Amber couldn’t stand it anymore so she gave in.

 

“Fine!! Geez..and I’m the youngest here? Unbelievable. Wait! You said you were bloated? Why do you still want pancakes?” Amber asked in disbelief.

 

Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders. “ I don’t know. I guess your complaints made me hungry again. Hurry up! We don’t have much time.” Sooyoung the gave Amber a little push toward the kitchen.

 

 Amber sighed to herself before trotting to the kitchen.  It was around 5:30am and they had to be at the bakery by 7am since it takes time to bake the pastries.

 

 

*30 minutes later*

 

Sooyoung put down her empty plate and rubbed her stomach.

 

“Ahh..that was so delicious. You’re the best Amber!” Sooyoung said as she looked at Amber with a wide smile.  Amber smiled back.

 

“You’re welcome Shikshin.” Amber then got the plate and took it to the sink to wash it. Meanwhile, Sooyoung went to the living room to wait for Amber so both of them can walk to the bakery.

 

“Sooyoung.” Sooyoung turned her head and gave a small smile to her older sister who has just woken up. “Hmm…I guess we woke Tae up…again.”

 

“Morning Tae. How do you feel?”

 

“Well…I had a pretty good sleep until I heard two loud voices.” Taeyeon said as she gave Sooyoung an annoyed look. Sooyoung just whistled and turned her head away, pretending not to know anything.

 

“But…lucky for you guys, I’m in no mood to yell at you guys today.” Taeyeon then did a little stretch before making herself more comfortable on the couch. 

 

“Why aren’t you guys at the bakery yet Soo? It opens up in another hour.”

 

“Oh..I was waiting for Amber. So, how did the mission go Tae? Anything interesting?” Sooyoung now got closer to Taeyeon, but with a amore serious tone. 

 

“Successful. The children are safe but Officer Choi is still hot-headed as usual.  Sometimes, I wish we didn’t help the police so much since it seems they can’t do anything right. They could’ve gotten the children killed.” Taeyeon said with an angry tone as she recalled how Siwon, Jonghyun and Heechul’s identity caused Mr.Song to shoot.

 

“That’s how they are Taeyeon. Besides, I’m sure they didn’t do that on purpose. Officer Choi is short-tempered but he cares just as much about their safety as you do.” Sooyoung calmly replied.

 

“What about the police?” Amber finished the dishes and was looking at her sisters from the kitchen entrance. She then joined her sisters on the couch.

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon then told Amber about the mission. Amber just listened, not interrupting throughout the story.

 

“Uh-huh. Well, at least you didn’t kill them. I understand that the police can be a pain in the but we need them to understand that we are not the bad guys. Furthermore, they need us more than we need them.” Amber spoke with a reassuring tone.  Taeyeon knew that her sisters were right and let out a sigh.

 

“I guess….Oh! Heechul was there too yesterday.” Taeyeon added before standing up. 

 

“Chincha?!!!” Soober exclaimed at the same time, causing Taeyeon to cover her ears.

 

“Ow!! I told both of you guys to stop yelling!” Taeyeon scolded, while rubbing her poor ears. “I can go deaf because of you two.”

 

Sooyoung and Amber smiled sheepishly before muttering an apology.

 

Amber spoke first after Taeyeon finished her scolding. “ Sorry. But what happened to Heechul? Did you hurt him?” Sooyoung asked with anxiety.

 

“He’s safe and sound. Don’t worry.” Taeyeon reassured, giving her sisters a pat on their shoulders.

 

Amber, who had her hand over her heart the moment she heard about Heechul, brought her hand down back to her side.

 

“Phew…that’s good to know. Donghae will not forgive us if anything happened to his precious Heechul.”  Amber emphasized on “precious Heechul” to show Taeyeon just how valuable Heechul is to Donghae. Taeyeon got the hint.

 

Sooyoung laughed at Amber’s remark.

 

“Heechul is one lucky guy huh?” Sooyoung asked with a smile as she looked at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon just nodded her head in agreement before turning around to go back to her room.

However, just before Taeyeon completely left the living room, she turned around to say some final words.

 

“Heechul is lucky as long as he doesn’t do anything that will hurt Donghae.” And with that last strong comment, Taeyeon returned to her room.

 

Sooyoung and Amber looked at Taeyeon’s bedroom door, then to eachother, then back to Taeyeon’s bedroom door, then back to eachother again.

 

Sooyoung was the first to speak. “ Okkaaay..now that was scary. Let’s go Amber.”

 

“I agree. Let’s bouce sistah!.” Amber said with a smile as she skipped her way to the apartment door.

 

 

It was close to 7am when Sooyoung and Amber finally arrived at Phoenix Bakery. It was a cold morning so Amber and Sooyoung had to huddle closely to each other for body warmth.  Entering their bakery was more than enough to make them appreciate having shelter.

 

“This feels so much better!” Amber said after turning on the heater and taking off her jacket so she can be more comfortable baking the pastries as Sooyoung mixed some more ingredients.

 

“I agree. I’m sure that in Japan, Donghae suffered worst-” Sooyoung was putting on her apron as well, but suddenly stopped with a terrified scream.

 

“! Amber!!!!!” Amber immediately ran to Sooyoung, thinking something terrible happened.

 

“What!” Amber saw Sooyoung pacing back and forth with a worried expression. Amber wanted to know what could be so bad to have put Sooyoung on a panic mode.

 

Sooyoung stopped pacing and looked at Amber before telling her the reason why she screamed.

 

“Donghae’s coming back today…” Sooyoung began.

 

“Yeah..so what?” Amber asked, not quite sure why Donghae’s return to Korea is so horrible.

 

Sooyoung walked over, shook her head in disappointment, and then vigourously shook Amber’s shoulders.

 

“You and I were suppose to pick him up from the airport!! He’s arriving at 8:30am!!” Amber finally understood the dilemma.

 

“Oh !! And we can’t go since we have to bake the pastries today…which means…” Amber quietly mumble, with a little bit of a shaky voice.

 

Sooyoung took a gulp.

 

“Yep…we have to do it.” And with those last words, Sooyoung got out her phone and dialed a number. 

 

After a few rings….someone finally picked up the phone.

 

“Hello?”  a woman’s voice answered.  Sooyoung took a deep breath before responding.

 

“Um…Taeyeon…”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Meanwhile, at the Hwang and Jung’s Mansion….

 

Tiffany, Jessica, and Krystal were eating breakfast with their family at the table.  The Hwangs and Jungs live together since they wanted to keep the family close together. 

 

“Family should stick together.”—That was one of the many mottos in the Hwang and Jung family.

 

Everyone was chatting happily, talking about work, life, and of course, the unforgettable party last night.

 

“Honey..you should have been there when Sooyoung ate all those slices of cake in 5 minutes! It was so cool!” Mr. Jung estatically exclaimed, earning an amused look from his wife.

 

“Really? Well, next time you should introduce her to me so I can see it for myself.” Mrs. Jung replied with her own smile.

 

“Definitely.Oh, and did I tell you that our dear Jessica might have met her match?” Mr. Jung asked his wife, who just nodded her head “no”. Jessica stopped eating and looked at her dad in confusion.

 

“What are you talking about dad?” Krystal asked. Tiffany also stopped eating and waited for her Uncle’s answer.

 

“I’m talking about Sooyoung. She is not scared to speak her mind and I like that.” Mr. Jung said with a wide smile.  However, he immediately stopped the moment he felt a pair of eyes staring at him.

 

“Oh…you like Sooyoung?” Mrs. Jung now asked, with a cold stare.

 

“What? No! Ow!..honey..i don’t like her in that way. She’s too young for me. I prefer you. I love you honey. Don’t be mad.” Mr. Jung quickly began to blurt out a whole bunch of apologies as he tried to get his wife to stop twisting his ear.

 

The rest of the family  members just laughed at the scene. After about 5 minutes, Mr. Jung finally got his ear back.

 

“So Jessica, what do you think of Sooyoung?” Mr Hwang now asked. He wanted to know his niece’s feelings.

 

“RUDE! I hate her!” Jessica said aloud, with no sense of regret. She then continued eating.

 

“That’s what you say now Jessica.” Tiffany finally spoke after she heard her cousins answer. Jessica just looked at her with annoyance and looked away.  Tiffany thinks that Sooyoung treating Jessica no different from any other person shows that Sooyoung does not judge people, regardless of their status or position.

 

“I like her.” Tiffany stated as she put another slice of pancake into . Everyone looked at her in surprise, especially Jessica.

 

“You like Sooyoung?” Krsytal inquired, since she thought Tiffany liked Taeyeon.

 

“Yes I do. I think all three of them are nice people, even though I haven’t known them for a long time.” Tiffany responded looking at everyone.

 

“Me too.” Krystal added with a smile.  She’s glad that she isn’t the only one who thinks Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Amber were nice people.

 

“I’ll see about that. Sorry. I’m done. Please excuse me.” Jessica then got up from her chair and went to her room.

 

After Jessica went away, Mrs. Jung let out a sad sigh.

 

“Even after all these years, my poor Jessica is still hurting…” Mrs. Jung said with a quivering voice. Mr. Jung gave her a quick hug to calm her down. “ And its all  because of that…that girl!” Mrs. Jung angrily said aloud as she cried onto her husband’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t worry honey. One day, Jessica will find someone who will help heal her of her pain.” Mr. Jung reassured as he hugged his wife tighter.

 

“Yes. I agree. Jessica will be happy again.” Mrs. Jung looked at Mrs. Hwang and in one swift movement, hugged her too.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Tiffany and Krystal saw the relationship between their mothers and smiled.

 

“Psst. Tiffany. Did Heechul call you?” Tiffany was surprised to hear Krystal ask about Heechul.

 

“Why would he call me?”

 

Before Krystal responded, the rest of the family got out of their chairs and bid good-bye to each other since they will be going to work.

 

“I’ll tell you outside.” And with  that, Krystal went to her room to get her things for school. 

 

Tiffany waited for Krystal outside since she usually drops Krystal off at Dasan University since it was on her way to her work.

After 10 minutes, Krystal finally came out running.

 

“Now tell me, why would Heechul call me? Is he getting married?” Tiffany asked in a joking manner. 

 

“No…he wants us to go with him to pick up Donghae today. He called me awhile ago and said he wanted all three of us to go but since Jessica is a workaholic, both of us will go.” Krystal then dragged Tiffany toward her Mercedes and commanded her to drive to Heechul’s apartment.  Tiffany didn’t need anymore explanation since she wanted to see Heechul and she actually got along with Donghae pretty well.

 

“Alright. Let’s go. Besides, Donghae told me that he would introduce us to his best friends the next time we meet. I’m looking forward to that since he’s always saying such good things about them.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Incheon Airport*

 

“Aish!!! Where is he?! What time is it? Wtf!!! It’s already 9am. Why isn’t he here yet?” A frantic and impatient Heechul paces back and forth in front of an amused Tiffany and Krystal.

 

“Calm down Heechul. I’m sure everything’s alright.  Must have been a short delay.” Tiffany tired to calm her friend down, but seeing that it wasn’t working that much, she motioned for Krystal to take a chance.

 

“Heechul…Donghae will be here soon so calm down!!!” Krystal grabbed Heechul’s shoulder’s and finally knocked some sense into him.  Heechul  stopped and took a seat on the chair.

 

“Sorry…it’s just that I miss him so much. He’s been gone for a month.” Heechul sadly confessed.  Krystal and Tiffany comforted him, since that’s all they can do.

 

Out of nowhere, a voice was heard.

 

“Kim Heechul.” Heechul looked up the moment he heard that voice.

 

“DONGHAE!!!” Heechul immediately got up and hugged the man in black sunglasses.  Tiffany and Krystal looked at the reunion.

 

Donghae took of his sunglasses and took a good look at the face that he’s been missing for the past month.

 

“How you doing?” Donghae casually asked. Even in such thick clothes, Donghae still looked handsome. Heechul just hit Donghae on the arm.

 

“You !! Why didn’t you call me if you’re going to be late?” Heechul demanded, obviously angry since he hates to wait.

 

“Sorry.  I was going to call you then I got a phone call from my friend and she-“ Donghae was cut off by Heechul.

 

“Girl?” Heechul asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

Donghae sighed, but kept his hands on Heechul’s shoulders.

 

“Yes. But she’s a friend. Don’t worry.”

 

Heechul seemed resassured by his boyfriend’s words so he stopped asking and gave Donghae another tight hug.

 

“Too tight---Heechul.” Donghae was gasping for air since Heechul was hugging his so tight. Heechul immediately let go upon hearing Donghae’s pain and smiled shyly.  While Donghae tried to gather more oxygen, he finally noticed Tiffany and Krystal.

 

“Hey you guys. You came too! So glad to see the both of you again.” Donghae said as he gave them both a big hug.

 

“It’s okay. We didn’t want to disturb your special moment with Heechul.” Krystal said with a small chuckle.

 

Donghae rubbed the back of his head, clearly embarrassed.

 

“Yeah..sorry about that. Anyhow, I’m glad both of you guys came. I can finally introduce you to my best friends today. Hopefully both of you are free at night around 8pm?”

 

Tiffany and Krystal nodded their head.

 

“Good. I can’t wait to introduce you to them. Heechul already met them so no worries. In fact, one of them is coming right now to come get me since Heechul  has to work afterward.”

 

“Really? I would like to  meet that friend of yours.” Krystal said with a smile.

 

Tiffany nodded her head in agreement. “Me too. From what I heard from you, your friends sound cool.” Donghae let out a small laugh.

 

“I guess they can be cool in their own ways. But the one that’s picking me up today might…well..how should I put this??” Donghae was having trouble coming up with the right word to describe his specific friend.

 

Luckily, Heechul jumped in. “Scary.” Donghae clapped his hands. “There you go! Nice one babe!” Donghae said as he gave Heechul a peck on the cheek. Heechul blushed.

 

Tiffany giggled at their lovey-dovey sign before speaking again.

 

“I’m sure I’ll be fine. In fact, I just recently met someone like that: scary.” Tiffany said with an eyesmile.

 

“DONGHAE!!!”

 

Everyone turned their head to the voice and saw a woman running up to them. 

 

“Taeyeon!” Donghae quickly gave Tayeon a hug, which Taeyeon returned.

 

After the hug, Taeyeon then looked around to see Heechul, Tiffany, and Krystal.

 

“Wait! Krytal?! Tiffany?!” Taeyeon said aloud, clearly surprised.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany retorted. “What’s going on here?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like the update...i will surely try to update more. :) don't forget to leave comments. What will happen next?