Star-Crossed Lovers {BaekStal}

Scarce Constellation: A Drabble Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Star-Crossed Lovers

Pairing: Baekhyun and Krystal { slight! KaiSoo }

Length:14, 149 Words

 

 

Once in a blue moon, both human fell in love. No, this is not your cliché love at first sight story. This is just something that bind them both with everything. Take this as a journey of laughter and tears of Byun Baekhyun and Jung Soojung. Both blessed with well built features and traits.

But everything seemed so troubled with them facing a very hard obstacle regarding their social status and family. See, Baekhyun here is your typical elite who is bound to inherit his parent’s business. Studying in Oxford University just to learn how to successfully manage his family’s business; he’s someone to praise so much. Having the brains, the looks, fame, and of course—the money. What else is missing? But to Soojung, he’s just an underdog who got all the fame because of his family. To her, he is just an ordinary human with an extraordinary wealth.

Soojung is just the same as Baekhyun as well, studying in Oxford University. Well, in her case; she wants a degree of being a doctor but was forced to study business management because of her father’s will . Apart from being an elite, she sometimes wanted to get away from her life. Being famous, being judge with every single move you make—it makes her sick.

Pointing out to their similarities, they both hate this life. It’s good to have the wealth, but it was never good to have so many people suffocating you with things. Telling you to do this and that, date him or her. They hate being ruled over by someone.

The grip is very tight, they both wanted to get away.

They met during their freshmen year, at their university’s hallway, with Soojung being late on her next subject and Baekhyun getting out of his class ready for another one. To grab the pretty girl’s attention, he intentionally bumped into her—resulting for her temper to rise. Soojung was never the person to let someone get out of her grip easily. To Baekhyun’s disdain, his nut’s got kicked. Soojung left him whining while gripping onto his crotch. Much to his embarrassment, the other student’s along the hallway looked at him teasingly. Others even asked him if he’s trying to hide his . Oh my god, it’s really pathetic as you can see.

The following weeks are very amusing to both elites. After that accident happened, Baekhyun never stopped bothering Soojung. Always popping out everywhere she went, sitting with her during lunch, and etc. She finds it annoying at first, but somehow, she has gotten used to his doings.

Weeks became months and both are engaged with each other’s lives, doing stuffs together, helping each other with school works.

Until one day, Baekhyun felt something boiling up inside him when he saw Soojung chatting with Kyungsoo, their fellow Korean batch mate. He was never the person who’s numb about his feelings, when he’s sure about it, he will act like he’s supposed to do. With that moment; he knows that he’s jealous. Jealous of that little guy Kungsoo talking with his Soojung. Yes, you read that right, HIS Soojung. He has this attitude of claiming other people he likes. Which means, he likes Soojung.

Once in a blue they both fell in love. With feelings that he is certain about, in a cold night, he confessed. Taking out everything from his heart and giving her much emotions he always felt whenever he’s with her. Soojung is beyond bliss that night as she always felt the same way for him. Like the usual couples do, they went on dates, study together, and they do adults stuffs too. They are no longer innocent in case you’re wondering. They are just both hormonal eighteen year old adults. What do you expect? They are pretty much liberated in their own world. Getting to do everything they want. Clubbing and other stuffs.

They were like twins, you can always spot Soojung whenever Baekhyun is in the area. They have this mighty bond wherein no one can break it, but their families.

Jung’s and Byun’s were both socialites and very wealthy. Both of their families were very well known for being great business tycoons. That’s why the competition between the Jung’s and the Byun’s started.

Soojung and Baekhyun knew about it, but both were very oblivious to realize the consequences.

 

London, England

“Baek, are you done packing?” Soojung said as she plopped herself on the couch.

It has been four years since the couple had set their journey together, and right now, after finishing their studies, they are finally going back to their motherland. With these four years, they went through a lot. But they conquered it; because of having strong faith with one another.

Two years within their relationship, they got engaged. It happened during the night after their finals, Baekhyun asked Soojung to go on a date with him, and of course she agreed. Little did she know, he prepared something more than that. During the dinner, they started retelling stories about their past until Baekhyun bent down on one knee which flabbergasted Soojung. Before popping the question, he made a short speech for her;

“Jung Soojung, we’ve been through a lot haven’t we? There’s been so many things that happened to us. But look at us right now, we look so happy and of course, in love. I know that our families weren’t on good terms, but it wouldn’t hold me back from proposing—oops did I just say that? Just pretend that you didn’t hear anything okay? Back to my speech, no one can tear us apart. Not even our families. So right now, oh my god why do I sound so nervous? Holy ! I sound so gay.  Seriously, here it goes. Jung Soojung, will you do the honor of marrying me?”

 

Soojung agreed to his proposal; answering him with a ‘yes’ that came all the way from her heart. They promised to marry each after graduating college. Also that night, Baekhyun asked her to move in with him. Again, she agreed. They haven’t been missing out on each other ever since that blissful night.

“I’m done, love.” He replied as he placed his head on her lap. Looking at them right now. You can tell that they are deeply in love with each other.

One thing for sure is scaring them once they go back to Korea are their families and their reaction about their kept relationship. They have been preparing for the bad things that’s about to happen. Even in the means of running away just to keep their relationship they would apply it. For their sake and their baby. Yes, it’s true. Soojung is five weeks pregnant. Once they get back to Korea, they will inform their families about everything. The engagement and the baby.

They have had enough of their families’ craps. They need to collect their bulls together and should stop acting like immature es.

“Love, are you sure about this? Do you really want to go back to Korea?” Baekhyun asked Soojung who’s busy hand combing his black velvety hair. She stopped touching his hair and gave out a sigh.

“Of course, I haven’t seen my family in like, four years. I miss them so much. Don’t you want to see your family too, hon?”Soojung replied as she began combing his hair once again. “Soojung it’s not that I don’t want to see them. I’m just thinking about our future and how it will go if we return back to Korea.” he firmly stated.

Soojung frowned the moment she heard his reply. The future, yes, that. There’s been a lot of what if’s in her mind while deciding. Would her parent’s sue her if they knew that their daughter is dating a Byun? Or would they order Soojung to abort the child she’s carrying if they knew Baekhyun’s the father? She couldn’t think straight, but she really wants to go back. To the place where she belongs. Where she and Baekhyun belongs.

“It’s much better if we tell them, you know? Four years of keeping this is enough. It’s going to be a mess if we tell them four years later again and they’re just going to find me with a 3 year old kid, worse, with a Byun as a father. Much of a surprise isn’t it?” she said. She didn’t want him to feel the sadness in her voice. But Baekhyun knew her too well. He sat up straight to face his fiancé, only to find her with glossy eyes. She’s about to cry and all he can do is to comfort her. He hugged her, and that’s when she broke down

Damn these hormones, they’re attacking again. She thought.

“I understand you Soojung, I really do. You’re scared, I am too. We’re both afraid about the future might bring to our family. And as you know, we need to face our fears to achieve happiness right? And that’s what we want, happiness. If we want that, we need to face our parents. We’ll tell them about us and our baby. It’s okay if they don’t accept us. We can always live on our own. Have our little family here in London. We can have decent jobs since we finished our studies. You already know that we can’t just leave them hanging, they needed to be aware. And that’s what we are going to do, letting them know about everything. If they sue us? It’s fine. Just us…” he trailed off as he touched Soojung‘s stomach which is showing a little bump, “and our baby, it’s perfect.”

Somewhere within his speech, Soojung collected her composure and stopped crying. She found his words really lovely and it gave her strength. It also gave her a lot positivity on what’s going to happen on the next couple of hours.

With Baekhyun beside her, she knew, everything is going to be alright.

 

Seoul, South Korea

It was a cloudy day when they arrived, only to be facing  a storm of flashes coming from the reporters’camera. They begun shooting questions regarding their family and business. But what caught the media’s eye, is the fact that they are together, holding hands. A Byun and a Jung. Impossible. Questions started circulating again;

“Are the both of you dating?”

“Are the Jung’s and Byun’s, merging company?”

“Why are you together?”

“Is this the end of the Byun’s and Jung’s misconception?”

Before the reporters can ask them another question, Baekhyun responded to them calmly. “I hope you will respect us and let us move out from this crowded area. I can’t answer all your questions but I will make  sure that it will be answered once things are settled. I really hope that you would respect our decision. Stop spreading out rumors, that’s all we need for now.” With that, the reporters moved to the side to give the couple enough space to get through the place.

As they were heading to the area where they can claim their luggage, Soojung feels uneasy of the questions that the reporter’s had thrown to them earlier. She frowned at the thought of the possible consequences that might happen to the both of them. But with a lot of positivity earned from Baekhyun, she somehow feels at ease.

Thirty minutes later and their luggage finally came up. Baekhyun let out a frustrated sigh as he reached for their luggage. He blew onto his bangs after successfully carrying the luggage into the ground. Well, you see, Baekhyun is not really strong; he can get tired easily and he is sometimes clumsy.

“Phew, never thought waiting for our precious luggage can be so relaxing.” He sarcastically said. Soojung laughed at him which made him look at her weirdly. As cheesy as it sounds; Baekhyun felt no weight on his shoulders as soon as he heard Soojung’s laughter. What can love possibly do to him? As much frustrating their luggage sounds, he felt fantastic after hearing her melodic laugh.

“O Baekhyun, what will I do without you? You’re so funny.” She gleefully said as she hugged him very tight.

“Bet you’ll be terrible without me.” He winked at her which caused her to blush. Her pale face flushed into a vivid pink color. “Stop it will you?”

 

 

There weren’t much assurance if they are ready.

A really tough situation is what they are in at the moment. They knew that the things that happened earlier at the airport had already gone viral in Seoul. Their families had so many connections; it wouldn’t be hard for them to collect information. They have power and money. Baekhyun and Soojung? They have love and faith.

As soon as they rested their feet in front of the gate of the the Jung’s enormous mansion, Baekhyun felt nervous. Same goes to Soojung.

Soojung rang the doorbell and not a minute later the gates were open. Automatic.

As they were about to enter, a security guard appeared in front of them. He looks like one of those bouncers from the downtown clubs; with big and muscular body, slightly dark complexion, angry eyebrows, several inches taller than Baekhyun, and tough looking. “Miss Soojung? Welcome back, you’re parents prepared so much for your return. They’d be really astonished to see you here--” He paused for a little as soon as he saw someone was beside Soojung. He looked at Baekhyun intently, as if he’s some kind of a very unknown species tagging behind the young woman. “May I ask who is this fine gentleman miss?” he added.

“O ahjussi, he is Baekhyun. He is my fiancé, we met in London. We’ve been a couple for almost four years.”she answered the security guard’s question with a smile tagging on her lips. Baekhyun then s his hands around the petite girl’s waist as he looked at the security guard.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun by the way ahjussi. It’s nice meeting you.” He said as he offered his hands to shake it with him. To his dismay, the security guard didn’t accept his hand. But to his surprise, the security guard hugged him, “I hope you’ll stand up for miss Soojung since your families were, you know, enemies. Fight for her young man.” The old man whispered into his ear before breaking the hug. Baekhyun grinned at his words of encouragement and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to him. At least someone is on their side.

“Ahjussi, if you wouldn’t mind. Can you lead us in?” Soojung asked the security guard.

“Of course miss Soojung.” He agreed.

Taking brisk steps towards the main door, Soojung started feeling anxious. Nervous sweats started forming on her forehead as they approach the large wooden door. The familiar atmosphere started coming back—well with a new feeling embracing her for Baekhyun is with her.

With a simple knock made by the security guard, the large wooden door opened with a cheerful maid facing them. “Miss Soojung! Welcome home, such an unexpected return. This house feels so lonely without you. Why don’t you guys come in?” she suggested as she moved aside to let them in. “It’s nice to be finally back after four long years.” Soojung said as she went inside with Baekhyun holding tightly onto her hand.

“Miss, your parents went out for a business meeting. They’ll be back by four o’clock sharp. Miss Sooyeon  went to her daughter’s school for their family day activity with her husband, Donghae.” The maid informed Soojung as she found her wandering around the house—basically looking for her parents and older sister, Sooyeon. Soojung nodded curtly and smiled at the maid. “May I ask, who is this cute boy you’re with miss?” the maid asked and gestured towards Baekhyun who is beside Soojung, sending the maid a shy smile.

“He’s my fiancé, Baekhyun.” Soojung replied with a little blush creeping onto her cheeks.

“I never knew, introducing me as your fiancé can make you blush.” Baekhyun whispered into her ear earning a soft hit on the arm from Soojung.

 

 

Snuggling closer to Baekhyun, Soojung inhaled his Armani scent—smiling as she placed her hand to his chest. They’ve been laying tranquilly on her queen size bed, taking each moment as a tattooed memory on both their hearts and minds. Savoring every single detail of their stay in her cream painted boudoir. 

As time passed by at a leisurely pace, both were totally immersed with one another. Feeling agitated, Baekhyun let go of Soojung; and got up from his previous position. Soojung, who is startled by his action; also did the same. She looked at him with a worried face.

“Is something bothering your mind?” Soojung softly asked as she shifted her position to face him. His face flashes a confused expression—which she cannot entirely comprehend what he was thinking. She sighed as she heard no response from him but a blunt atmosphere between them.

“Hey, are you okay?” she asked once again but still—there’s no response from him. He probably dozed off within his thoughts and never got to escape. He’s utterly quiet and his eyes became emotionless—nothing.

“Baekhyun, seriously, can you please tell me what is wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, Soojung. I’m just thinking about something, you don’t have to worry.” He said in a soothing voice, trying to calm her worried demeanor. She pouted following it with a cute whining sound escaping her thin lips. He chuckled at her silly aegyo. No matter how much she hated that word—she still does it; all the time. And it never failed in convincing Baekhyun.

“I’m sorry for worrying you love. It’s nothing, really.” He sent her a convincing smile before planting a sweet kiss on her forehead.

“Fine, I believe you.” Soojung mumbled as she hugged his thin waist; burying her face in his neck. She planted a soft kiss on his neck—teasing him a bit.

“Soojung, s-stop it.” Baekhyun’s breathing hitched at the sudden latching of her lips onto his jaw line. “Stop, please,” He pleaded.

Soojung backed away from him with a satisfied smile on her lips. She smirked at him before settling her body on the bed. She heard him let out a deep sigh as he lay down beside her; hugging her like his life totally depends on it—really taut I may say.

 “Uhh, Baekhyun, our baby is not going to be crush with this right?” she sarcastically asked him which made him loosen his grip on her stomach.

After a few minutes later, Soojung can hear Baekhyun’s light snores. Meaning, he dozed off. She turned around only to see his handsome features resting. His lips are slightly parted and he’s breathing is steady—calm.

“This guy is probably jet lagged.” She chuckled lightly before drifting into a nap—just like Baekhyun, maybe she’s also jet lagged.

 

 

“Mr. Jung, your daughter Soojung, has finally departed London. She arrived at exactly two o’clock in the afternoon at the Incheon Airport.” Mr. Jung’s secretary reported as he entered the old man’s office. Mr. Jung turned his chair around and looked at his secretary—with a smile plastered on his wrinkled face.

“Thank you for the report Joonmyeon, are there any additions?” he asked his secretary with one brow raised. Joonmyeon cleared his throat and adjusted his position. He sat in front of Mr. Jung before opening the folder that contains the files about Soojung’s departure and arrival.

“It is said here that Miss Soojung, was swarm by reporters inside the airport. It is not stated here how they get to corner Miss Soojung, but they just did. After a few questions thrown to her, my source said that the reporters moved to the side to give her some space to walk. Minutes later, Miss Soojung went out of the airport and hailed a cab. It is said that she went home; but she’s not alone Mr. Jung,” Joonmyeon trailed off, Mr. Jung looked at him—confused.

“What do you mean by that?” Mr. Jung wondered. Joonmyeon looked tense but later on  he composed his senses. He looked back to the file just to make sure that he read the details right.

….She hailed a cab.

Additional: Jung Soojung is with a man and hailed the cab together.

He read the sentence twice before proceeding to the last one.

Additional: By the looks of it the man is Byun Baekhyun. Maybe, I’m not sure Joonmyeon.

That’s all Joonmyeon, still waiting for my pay.  –Yixing

 

He gazed at Mr. Jung who is patiently waiting for his answer. “Mr. Jung, I believe that this is not really justified very well unless you see it for  yourself. But it is stated here that Miss Soojung is with a man,” Joonmyeon paused when he saw Mr. Jung’s changed of emotion. He looked so interested and immersed with the story about his daughter. How come I don’t know any of this? He thought.

“The man is said to be Byun Baekhyun but we cannot guarantee it yet Sir.” Joonmyeon closed the folder and looked at Mr. Jung who had this puzzled expression on his face. He cleared his throat to gain the old man’s attention but to no avail, the old man stayed still; lost in his thoughts.

Several minutes have passed, Mr. Jung stood up from his seat.  “Joonmyeon, call my wife and tell her to come here promptly. Also, leave the files here.” He said and made his way towards the couch settling himself as he tried to compose all the details Joonmyeon had told him.

“Yes sir,” Joonmyeon nodded curtly as he scurried hurriedly towards the glass door. He went out of Mr. Jung’s office and proceeded to his.

He twisted the door knob and get inside his office immediately. He reached for the telephone and dialed Mrs. Jung’s number. After a few rings, she picks up.

“Hello?” the other line said.

“Ah, Soora ahjumma, Mr. Jung wants you in the office immediately.” He replied.

“What is it that he want right now, Myeonnie?”

“Aish ahjumma!” he snickered at the nickname she called him, “I don’t have any idea.”

“Fine, I’ll be there in twenty.” Then she ended the conversation.

Joonmyeon went back to his work; arranging business meetings, files and etc. He gathered every business proposals and piled them into a box. He’s got a very handy job for a secretary.

 

 

The black maserati is filled with an unexplainable ambiance. The noise made by Soora is overwhelming the whole ride. While Mr. Jung stayed quiet, trying to not explode in anger; his daughter just put him into.

After the meeting at the Jung’s building, Soora suggested to go home immediately to inspect—if her instincts were right. As soon as they are inside the car, Soora started blowing up words. Their daughter is with someone they didn’t know, they weren’t aware. And it hurts them.

Their daughter, Soojung, kept something very big from them. The unrealistic and flabbergasting facts about their daughter, it made them mad.

 

As they caught a  sight of their enormous, castle like mansion, Soora couldn’t be more eager to have a talk with her younger daughter. She wants to know everything that she doesn’t know.

The gates opened and the car went in.

 No matter how much the situation angered him, Mr. Jung wants to envelope his daughter in a tight embrace; but his senses said no, she betrayed him. He wants to meet the man that Joonmyeon’s been talking about. He wanted to confirm if it was the Byun’s youngest heir.

“Soora, if it’s that Byun Baekhyun kid. I don’t know what I might do to Soojung. She’s very aware of this. She made me feel betrayed.” Mr. Jung stated as they get off the car. Soora held his hand, as she tried to calm his husband.

“I understand you, Seokjin. I also felt betrayed with our Soojung. But don’t you think that we are being immature to fight over some business matters. We can’t just let this affect our kids. If it’s the Byun kid then we will accept it. It’s the truth, let’s face it.” Soora said—with a lopsided smile on her face. But Seokjin didn’t let his wife’s explanation pass. He’s disappointed and at the same time he’s furious with the situation upon them.

“No, Soora. A Byun will never be attached to a Jung. Do you understand?” Seokjin disagreed and started walking towards the main door. He knocked on the door.

Soon, a maid opened the door. She was about to greet the married couple but Seokjin barged into house like a wild beast. Soora then followed him after sending the startled maid an apologetic look. She ran after Seokjin who is on his way to Soojung’s bedroom. He was about to open  the door but Soora stopped him. He glared at her but that look didn’t stop Soora from  interjecting in his movements.

“Soora.” He warned

“What?” she snapped at him.

“Soora, I don’t like how this is going alright? That stupid daughter of yours betrayed our family. How can she date a Byun? He’s enemy.  She knows that our family runs with an arrange marriage setup; and she knows that Jongin is the one that we arranged for her. We’ve settled this before, how come she date someone that is totally against with us in everything?” he shook his head in disbelief.

“If she doesn’t break up with him, I swear, I’ll kick her out of this house and this family,” he paused as he felt a lump forming in his throat. “And you can’t do anything about it. You and Sooyeon.” He pointed his index finger towards Soora and Sooyeon’s picture frame which was hanging on the neatly painted wall.

Soora’s tears fell as soon as she heard Seokjin’s words. How can he do that to his own daughter? She couldn’t live without Soojung. Four years of her daughter being away is very sorrowful for her. And now, her father; her very own father is kicking her out just because she’s dating a Byun.

Soora felt weak.

 

 

“Appa, you can’t do this to me. You can’t break me and Baekhyun up.” Soojung words pierced in Baekhyun’s ears as he looked at horrible scene in front of him. Soojung stood in front of her father—crying; trying to save her relationship with him.

Baekhyun stood still, stunned by Soojung’s outburst. Seokjin looked at his direction and sent him glare. He gulped; “Mr. Jung I love your daug—”

Seokjin cut him off with his harsh words, “I don’t care. Bastards like you shouldn’t be near my daughter. You are very much aware of this, but why didn’t you avoided her? Are you trying to create a fuss here? A Byun doesn’t deserve a Jung because all of you are a waste of breath.”

Baekhyun glared at Seokjin. He was offended by his sharp insults, and he wanted to fight for his family but this is not the right time. He removed the hard look upon his face and replaced it with a calm one.

“I’m paying you respect Mr. Jung, I hope you don’t talk bad about my family like what you did earlier, ever again.” He said—rather calmly for he was trying to keep his anger. “And you can’t break me and Soojung. Because you know what? We’re engaged and we’re having a baby.” He added

Seokjin gasped in surprise. He looked over at Soojung who is still sobbing—her condition at the moment needs to be controlled; its dangerous. Baekhyun went to her side and he tried to calm her down.

“Is it true? Soojung?” Soora barged into the conversation.

“Y-yes..” Soojung stuttered as she hesitated to tell the truth about her condition. Her mother’s eyes turned wide at her confession—it started b with tears until it fell off her glossy eyes slowly. She engulfed her daughter in a hug as her tears never stopped from falling. Nevertheless, Soojung stayed still; her eyes showed no emotion. Dried tears were visible on her face.

Soora then broke away from the hug and looked at her daughter admiringly. She caressed her arm. Soojung smiled for a little bit—realizing her mother wasn’t even mad at her.

Baekhyun approached the both of them, strutting over his way beside Soojung. The presence of her fuming father left Baekhyun’s mind. He just looked at the heart wrenching yet warming scene in front of him. He can feel the motherly love that Soora gave Soojung. The tight bond between the two—he just can’t break it; Over this mistake.

“I’m so proud of you my daughter.” Soora muttered before kissing the young girl’s forehead. She sent Soojung a soft smile before turning around to face her husband.

The daggers that Seokjin shot her didn’t affect her courageous soul to walk up to him. He looked at her wife in disgust in exchange to what she have said to their pregnant daughter.

“You are ing proud of her? She’s pregnant out of wedlock and she’s engaged to an enemy. How can you be ing proud of that ?” After Seokjin fired those words, he received a big slap from his wife, a hurt look from her daughter, and an angry look from Baekhyun.

Before he could say anything rude again, Soora slapped him once again—real hard this time. He faced Soora with a pained looked upon his face but replaced it with a mad one as soon as he realized that his ever so obedient wife just slapped her.

Ever since they got together, Soora has always been under Seokjin’s control. But she never complained. She’s too occupied with the thought of him leaving her. Call her desperate, but that’s what love brought her to.

She becomes blind with everything when it comes to that matter.

 As tradition counts, they’re marriage was also arranged.  And then it goes all the way down to the next generation to the next to the next, until it lost count. But it will never.

And for once also at last, she fought back to him. The different Soora was seen, it was pleasant but very displeasing to the eye.

“She’s your daughter for God’s sake Seokjin. How can you say things like that?” Soora sneered at Seokjin’s face. “You don’t have any right to call her that you greedy business possessed evil man.” She continued. She’s spitting words as if she’s talking to a filthy murderer who purposely forced a high school girl into an unwelcomed ual activity and killed her. That’s how much disgusted she felt about him right now.

How can he insult his daughter like she’s nothing to him? you Jung Seokjin.

“She’s never been my daughter right from the moment she made attachments to to that man.” He pointed Baekhyun with his index finger before continuing, “I want her out of this house after this horrible discussion. I want her out of this family forever.”

 

 

Too many things are going through the couple’s mind.

Soojung, who got kicked out of her home never stopped crying ever since that one cloudy afternoon.

They went to an average hotel and rented a room for a week. Because as planned, if they got sued, they will go back to London and pursue their waiting careers.

The only thing that they have been waiting for a cue is Baekhyun’s family. The reason they cannot go is Soojung’s constant crying. She would always wake up with red puffy eyes, tear streaks can be seen on her flawless face.

And Baekhyun, o sweet Baekhyun. He never stopped comforting her shaking shoulders every night. He never gets tired. The feeling of inevitable anxiety always digs into his bones as he remembered his family.

“How are you feeling right now love?” He asked Soojung in a soft tone as he caressed her hair. He scooped her into her arms last night as she was ugly crying; and he never let her go. The impact of their touch made him butterflies rumbling inside his stomach. It may sound gay, but it is what it is.

“I’m better than the past few days,” She answered swiftly.

“If you call red swollen eyes better, then I don’t believe you.” He said, not believing the reply she gave him. She sighed, defeated by Baekhyun’s words.

“If you say so.” She muffled back at him, as she snuggled closer to his clothed chest. She held onto his torso, feeling his warm touch all over her.

“Love, I have to head back to my place. I have to inform my family too. Eomma, appa, and Baekbeom hyung.” Baekhyun said as he let go of Soojung and stood up. He pecked her forehead before he made his way towards their luggage to pick some clothes to wear. Soojung nodded her head, following it with a hearable hum; signaling that she agreed to his decision.

He left Soojung wondering over thoughts as he went inside the bathroom. Stripping his clothes off his well built body. He went inside the cubicle, that contains a shower, a pail, a mirror, hotel shampoos and soap. He turned the shower on and started cleaning himself.

His thoughts came running down to Soojung and their baby. Would he make a good father to the baby. A good husband to Soojung? Can he afford much financial savings to support his little family, if ever they won’t get accepted?

Heck no, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter