The Perfect Four [4]

The First Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: This story is getting less funny and more serious and more... not innocent. Still, happy birthday, Pooj. :3 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin didn’t know whether he should be proud of or disgusted with his brain when he realized he could navigate his way to the P4 lounge without any help during lunch. Proud because this rich kids’ high school – it was more like an university considering its size – was so damn big he should be awed by his own memory, while on the other hand, disgusted because his brain seemed to have accepted the fate of having to send lunches every weekday by memorizing this cursed journey.

 

Proud or disgusted, he still found himself standing at the door of the lounge, the large tray of four stone bowls of bibimbap and four glasses of cranberry juices. He had a feeling, no, he knew that the stupid Prince deliberately indicated for the bibimbap to be served in stone bowls, because his two arms were aching like hell, especially after the laundry he had done last night. Trying his best not to spill the juices, Sungmin angled his shoulder blade to push against the door, only to stumble a big step back when the heavy structure seemed to give in under his weight. No, it couldn’t be his weight – Sungmin will never admit it!

 

To the relief of his inner sassy self, the hands that extended from his back and wrapped around his own to steady the tray indicated that someone had opened the door for him instead. The relief was unfortunately wiped off in a blink of his eye when the arms closed around his waist, causing him to let out an unmanly squeak.

 

“You have to be careful, darling.” A low, sensual voice whispered by his ear, causing the hair on the nape of his neck to shoot up in attention immediately.

 

He froze in the position for three long moments, debating whether he should lift his leg to kick the crotch of the guy behind him, or be civilized and turn around to check out who the person was. Fortunately, before he could decide on the former, the guy released him, stepping into his line of sight.

 

“Let me help you with that.” Donghae, the ponytail guy, nodded slightly at the tray in his hands. He was wearing something distinctly different from his usual wear today, a long sleeved, collared pink shirt with a black tie, along with a hooded light grey vest that made him look less formal and more appropriate for school. What really caught Sungmin’s eyes was that the characteristic half-finger gloves were gone, the only accessory a simple, yet classy black watch on the left wrist. “Sungmin-ssi?”

 

“Oh,” Sungmin would have slapped himself for zoning out had he not been holding the tray of food. “It’s okay. Thank you for the help, Donghae-ssi.” He returned a smile to the gentle one Donghae was giving him, mind adding one point to the fighter for saving him from a tragic fall.

 

When he stepped around Donghae, he realized the other three pairs of eyes were staring at him intently. Had they just witnessed his clumsy act? Bowing his head a little to hide his face in case his blush decided to surface without his permission, he strode over to the table quickly, placing the burdensome tray down with a loud clank.

 

“You’re late, fat maid.” Kyuhyun said as soon as he started arranging the cutlery.

 

Ignoring the offensive adjective – and noun, Sungmin carefully lifted the stone bowls by the holders underneath, placing them in front of each guy. “It takes time to warm the stone bowls, Young Master. Be careful, it’s hot.”

 

“How do I know that you didn’t add salt and pepper in this again?” Kyuhyun questioned, lifting his chopsticks to poke at the sliced vegetables suspiciously.

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t have asked me to bring your lunch again then.” Sungmin countered, then muttering under his breath. “Scaredy cat.”

 

“Yah. Say that again, fat maid.”

 

“I’m not that unoriginal to do the same thing twice.” Sungmin shrugged, pointing at the small plates of chili paste he had brought along. “I didn’t even add the chili for you. The nice pretty long legs chef prepared cranberry juices for Young Masters in case the paste is too hot.”

 

Kyuhyun eyed him skeptically, before scooping some of the paste to add to the rice. Sungmin bit down on his lips to hold in his laughter as he saw the extra redness – courtesy of the generous amount of paste he had hidden under the vegetables – colouring the dish when Kyuhyun mixed the ingredients. And with one mouth, his Young Master turned to glare at him, eyes widening at what Sungmin supposed was the explosion of spiciness in his mouth.

 

“You—” A crazy outburst of coughs cut Kyuhyun’s words off, and Sungmin couldn’t help the grin on his face as he patted his Young Master’s back mockingly.

 

“Oh no! Are you okay, Young Master? I warned you about the chili paste!”

 

Kyuhyun swatted his hand away in annoyance, reaching out frantically for the glass of cranberry juice Yesung held out to him. Sungmin’s grin widened further as his Young Master took a big gulp of the cranberry juice, only to spit out a nice blood fountain onto the dishes before him.

 

“You—fuc—!”

 

Sungmin avoided the plate of chili paste that came flying at him, giggling as he stepped to the side with perfect balance. He yelped when his balance was toppled by arms hugging his waist, pulling him down onto someone’s lap.

 

“Naughty boy, you should be more careful and stop falling.” Donghae whispered again, this time with an additional hot breath released at the back of his ear.

 

Sungmin tried to wiggle out of the fighter’s hold, but a hand slipped down, squeezing his once. “Nice .” The action (and praise he might have appreciated in a different situation) sent Sungmin reacting instinctively, his elbow making contact with the precious assets of the fighter, earning a loud groan and his freedom.

 

“ert.” He hissed at Donghae, then turning to Kyuhyun who was now downing Yesung’s glass of clean cranberry juice instead. “Enjoy your meal, Young Master.”

 

Throwing the tray on the floor, he sashayed to the door, patting his twice before exiting. “I know I have a nice anyway.”

 

Sungmin didn’t wait for a reply, ignoring the string of curses from Kyuhyun as he slammed the door close. Racing down the corridors, he slapped the shock out of his own burning face, trying his best not to let Donghae’s intruding touches affect his body.

 

At least he now knew that cranberry juice mixed quite well with chili oil. Or perhaps, his Young Master was an idiot.

 

He was inclining towards the latter, considering the wink that Yesung had thrown him before passing Kyuhyun the cranberry juice.

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin slid the headband over the top of the hanger, eyeing his maid outfit for one last time. Satisfied with the preparation for tomorrow, he dropped himself down on bed, letting out a loud groan as the ache spread through his arms. It had been an unusually quiet evening – his Young Master had yet to harass him for the extremely hot incident in the afternoon. He had zero expectations that his Young Master would just let it slide though; it was just a matter of time before some revenge caught up on him.

 

But with the amount of ironing he had done for the entire day after returning from school, it did feel like it was some planned revenge by the Young Master. Especially when he realized that the three sets of maid uniforms in his wardrobe was still not ironed after being brought back from the dryer. He did curse at himself for procrastinating the ironing work till now, but if there was one good thing that emerged from the afternoon, it was the improvement of his ironing skill. Not that there was much room for improvement since he was used to doing so for his family back at home, but at least his speed doubled. He finished his three sets of maid uniforms in a record time of ten minutes.

 

Though he could really use some rest now, Sungmin forced himself to roll off his bed, throwing himself on his chair in front of the study table and opening up the biology textbook he had marked for studying. There was going to be some in-class quiz tomorrow, and it just had to be on the reproductive system.

 

He swore his brain and arms were too tired to do anything, but the other parts of his body still reacted upon seeing the diagram depicting the female reproductive system. Why was ual reproduction part of the education syllabi for young boys with overflowing libidos again?

 

Sungmin groaned in exasperation for the umpteenth time, contemplating on whether he should go take a quick cold shower to calm his little buddy and wake himself up at the same time. The seemingly good idea was interrupted by his phone’s ringtone, which stimulated further tightening in his pants.

 

You’re cold and hot, devil
Like a midsummer rain shower
After drenching my hot body,
You burn up my throat again  

 

He should probably change that damn ringtone.

 

 

“Hello?” He growled rather than said the greeting to whoever was on the other side of the line, dropping his head on the table.

 

“Ah-ahh—Sungmin oppa—”

 

His eyes shot open at the sinful moans, checking the caller display on his phone.

Unknown.

 

“P-Please—faster… You haven’t called me for so long…”

 

“Who the is this?” He exclaimed into the phone hostilely in panic, though his buddy was springing to life with those sounds filling his ears.

 

“You—you said you liked my moans, uhhhh~ oppa~” He frowned at the awkwardly weird girly voice, wondering where he heard it before. It was of a high pitch, but there were still some rough edges unable to be hidden. It sounded like a stupid guy trying too hard to raise the pitch of his voice so that he sounded like a girl…

 

“Lee. Hyuk. Jae.”

 

“Uhh—why are you calling someone else’s name when I’m the one you’re pounding into—ah”

 

“Not funny, dimwit,” his buddy flopped upon the imagination of his best friend’s face making those disgusting sounds.

 

“Op—oppa—”

 

“I’m going to hang up!”

 

“Yah!” The familiar voice protested. “I swear I’ll kill you if you dare to hang up on me, Lee Sungmin!”

 

“Who was the one who started such a lame joke and is now threatening me?” Sungmin frowned at the diagram before him, shutting his textbook abruptly.

 

“And who was the one who moved out of his house and quit his part-time job without telling the boss’s son?”

 

“Your logic is flawed there, monkey.”

 

“Really, donkey?”

 

“Yes, an employee only needs to tender his resignation to the boss, not the boss’s son.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Sungmin allowed the silence to drag for three seconds, before dramatically wailing, “But I miss you, Hyukkie~~~ Huhuhuhuhu.”

 

“Yah yah yah. Don’t use that trick on me,” Hyukjae warned, and Sungmin could imagine his friend’s accusatory finger pointing at him. “I’m not going to forgive you so easily this time.”

 

“But… you were at the competition overseas!” He whined, throwing in some feet stomping he knew Hyukjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter