Chapter six : How could it be so ...

Into the light

 

 

  Dishonesty and deception has become second nature to me, how could it not when I had so much practice!  I would lie about where I was going , what I’m doing and who I’m with  , it came to  the point where I would no longer flinch at the suspicion of the truth .  That’s how I taught myself to live.

Yet …That was never a lesson I wanted to teach my little brother.

“Jaesun you know why we’re doing this? “ I asked, desperately trying to put some morality into my actions.

“ it’s ok  Noona ,  I know “ he replied earnestly , obviously sensing my dilemma  “ I wouldn’t lie to mom unless  it was for a good reason …. Like you do “.

His remark, showing the great older sister that I am made me cringes. I never wished for Jaesun to know or even be aware of the rough relationship I had with our mother … but I guess with our arguments getting louder and more sever by the day there was no way he wouldn’t .

“Jaesun “

 I hunched forward till I was in eye level with him then I uttered seriously “ Noona doesn’t mean to be like that .. Lying never has a good enough excuse and I feel sorry every time I do it but … “ I paused slightly  , awkwardly thinking of the ethics I was trying to give when I myself didn’t follow  “ you see with mom being … mom ! It’s unavoidable .  sometimes you have to push what you believe to be right on others even when they don’t like it in order to … “ I trailed off , finally reaching  the words that would be too much for a kid , even one as smart as Jaesun to take in  .

“ what I mean “ I changed course, his wide eyed adulation too much for me to handle anymore  “ we’re not doing anything wrong … but since mom has no plans of changing anytime soon we’re going to have to do it like this “

Jaesun respond with a halfhearted  “ I know  “  his head hanging with concern and I instinctively moved forward wrapping  my arms around him .

“ What’s wrong ? “

“ I just … I don’t want you to get in any more trouble with mom “ he anxiously answered and I shamefully held him tighter .

“ Don’t worry .. It will all be alright “

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“  Noona .. thank you “ Jaesun screamed into my ear and I wholeheartedly laughed back in response … admitibly  I was enjoying myself and it was not all due to Jaesun radiated smile … yes I could’ve gone without the crazy chants but beside that the show wasn’t half bad .

At first I was worried , didn’t we stand out a little too much ? A boy that age ? And an uninterested girl with such good seats ? But it seemed all the fans were too excited to notice such things . Looking around I was a little … just a little bit sorry toward Seungho for getting mad about him assuming I was one of their fans, everyone seemed to be my age, with the exception of a few parents or elderly fans here and there.

“They’re coming back out! “ Jaesun exclaimed with excitement, tugging my shirt to get my attention and I turned back to the stage wondering what could be next.

“ everyone having fun ? “ the very first guy I met , Cheondoong shouted and the fans cheered back in response .

“Well, we planned something that will make it even more fun! “ Joon still breathless from his impressive ballet performance added.

 “Who would like to come up on stage with us? “The last guy... was it G.O? Finally reviled and the fans response was ear chattering.

“The Mblaq members will chose one fan to come up and play a game with them  ... but only if you all promise to stay calmly in your seats as they go down  “ the apparently famous MC - who I never heard of before- announced but to no vain .

My eyes darted toward Seungho as he held up his Mic closely then asked “should we just do something else? “

The noise instantly declined, leaving my ears ringing in the new found silence – or as close to silence a room with over 500 people can get – … I was more than a little impressed, Seungho has again proven himself as a power over people.

“How should we do the order? “

“Maknae first “Mir cheerfully answered, already heading toward the edge of the stage.

“ no way “ G.O  contradicted , grabbing him by the collar and playfully pushing him back “ we’re doing it by age but older first “ he said , ushering Seungho forward .

Unlike the enthusiastic Mir, Seungho steps seemed lagging. he took the small steps down the stage then proceed to carefully look for a girl … someone said something and everyone laughed but I was too consumed in holding my breath to hear . He scanned one side then turned to the other... and I noticed his eyes carefully avoiding were we sat; he looked three seats to our left, three to our right... But never directly at us... and I was both thankful and relived for that.

Seungho took the most time in his selection, before settling with a girl that was right in front of the slight steps he first came down on.

The other three playfully looked around , teasing a little and asking random question … and I was able to enjoy these but when it neared Mir’s turn I tensed up and for good reason , his eyes were fixated on me and as soon as he was giving the green light he headed toward us  , his pace sure and steady .

I shook my head, more furiously the closer he was. My heart beating painfully in my chest and I felt my face burning with mortification “this can’t be happening “escaped my lips.

“Bang Cheolyong “came the strained voice of Seungho to the rescue, halting Mir’s walk and his nerve-wracking gaze.

“What? “

“Shouldn’t at least one of us pick from the back row “Seungho reasoned, his face struggling to keep its composed - nothing going on – look.

“Umm “Mir hesitated, his eyes shifting between me and Seungho, seemingly battling with his choice  ... then he surrendered with a disappointed    “I guess “.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

“It was the best day ever “Jaesun concluded, having described every little thing we just saw.

“I’m glad you had fun “

“Did you see that flip Seungho Hyung did? “He asked bubbly, running before me through the parking lot then coming back again.

“Wasn’t he Seungho Ashuassi just yesterday? “ I asked back in amusement.

“That’s because I thought he was an Ashuassi then but he’s not that old. So it’s ok, right? “

“Sure … “was my answer, confidant that Jaesun wouldn’t get a chance to use either after that day.

“I wish it went on longer …”

“Wait “I cut him in, pulling out my ringing phone “I need to answer “

“Hello? “Came the muffled female voice.

“Hi, who is this? “

“Hyesun?? Hye... “The voice turned to an explosion of noise and I pulled the cell phone away from my ear in surprise.

“What? Who is this? “I demanded.

“I’m choly ...”

 “Give me back the phone “

“ .. No “

 A bang came through and I decided I had enough but just as I was about to hang-up the first voice came back again undisturbed “I’m sorry about that  ... I’m Guseulyi , the stylist from J-tune … we talked before “

My heart dropped as she introduced herself, thinking when I will be done with that place and the people in it … but still I replied pleasantly “yeah, I remember “

“Well … this going to sound weird “she hesitated before distractedly yelling out “yes Mir … I’m doing it, now quite it “

“What?  “

“Sorry I wasn’t talking to you.  Anyway the boys want to know if you would like to come up back stage “

“I … “was my dumbfound response, everything was starting to be a little too ridiculous for my taste “wait  ... they want that! As in MBLAQ wants to meet us again “

At the mention of their name Jaesun looked up, suddenly interested in my conversation.

“Yes, that’s what I’m saying “

I was bewildered, not understanding why they would want such a thing... even if I proved I wasn’t some manipulating snitch, why??

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea “I finally answered, suddenly feeling exhausted.

“Umm  ... Wait “she said, seemingly listened to someone before adding “asks your little brother “

 

 

``````````````````````````````````

 

Author note : I’m sorry this chapter toke so long , I will try to get the next one done much faster ,  so for the people still following this story thank you so much and I hope you keep liking it .. Also I would love to hear your comments on the story: D