Chapter Two : Can't go on

Into the light

 

 

 

 

I blinked away the darkness and pulled my self off the ground , but the world seemed to spun around and as I stumbled away someone grabbed my arm and led me to what I could only guess was the hood of what had struck me .

“What just happened?” I asked dumbfoundly , whenever I tried to think of … well of anything my head would hurt , on top of that  my eyes were still blurry and my legs were barley carrying me  .

“You've been in an accident “a soft but clearly distressed voice reached my left ringing ear. I looked up, my mind clearing up enough to register that the voice and arm belonged to the same guy.

“I’m …. I’m so sorry “ another , deeply stuttering voice said and I turned to him next , my movement was slow and deliberate but I could tell I wasn’t badly hurt . “ you … see you just came out of nowhere … I didn’t have time “ he went on  ,hanging his head in shame and I stared at him apologetically  , I knew it must have been my fault , running carelessly down the street was a lesson for five year olds but I was in a rush , meaning to  ….

“Damn it “I yelled out, making both men anxiously jump back “I need to go “.

My scrambled mind wasn’t making any sense  , I didn’t need the look on their faces to know that but even in the mess that was my thoughts I knew that what mattered , the one and only thing was reaching my little brother , that horrifying thought of him waiting alone for me came back and I couldn’t stand it …. If I wasn’t there for him, who was?

“I have to leave “I loudly declared as I pulled myself away from what I just realized was a small van. I meant to start running again, I couldn’t afford any more delays but my arm, still held tight by that one guy stilled me.

“We need to get you to a hospital, we have to make sure you’re alright “he kindly but firmly stated.

“ I’m fine “ I answered  looking back at him with irritation , I had to tilt my head quite a bit to clearly see his face and when I looked at him … really looked at him it drained all colors from my face .

“Umm Cheondoong … I think she’s going to pass out “the other guy whispered in panic and I span toward him next only to confirm what I already realized. I knew them; no, it was more than that …. I … I worked for them.

I pulled my arm away from the one named Cheondoong and stepped farther away. I needed space, I needed to think.. And I needed both fast  .

“ I’m ok , I don’t seem to be hurt “ I mumbled , the absurdity of what I seemed to have gotten myself into made me speechless , they weren’t just that one valued customer that my boss run the whole business on , the ones who if anything happened to – and on the least of on my account – I would be laid off and jobless by the next day ….. They also just had to be quite the famous idols and I knew enough to never mess with those .

“ I doubt that , I mean was your face like that before ? “  The driver … the one I vaguely remembered from my  limited time around their company as being named Joon  or was it Juny!  …  Pointed at my face , his wide eyed terror was meeting with a blank stare from me . I didn’t get it ! Was he insulting me ? Or was I ….

“ Ouch “ I screamed while wildly slapping the hand that touched me away “ what the hell ?”

“ You got quite the bruise on there ? “ the previously gentle one remarked .

“ I never seen anything turns that shade that quick “ Joon added .

I glared at them both , I’ve been doing just fine a minute ago but all of a sudden the whole left side of my face seemed to swallow up and burn . My head started throbbing again , making my attempt of thinking of a way out of this that much more agonizing .

“ I bruise easily “ I simply stated and wanted to laugh when I realized that wasn’t a lie even when I intend it to be  . they gazed doubtfully down on me and I tried smiling , it hurt and I dropped it quickly , but I knew what I had to do … lie , lie and lie somewhere until I get myself out of this , anything but not let them catch up with the simple truth of me knowing who they were  .

While I was consumed with thoughts , both men seemed to come to a quite decision . I saw Cheondoong nod with grief , while Joon … still covered in remorse pull out his phone . It took me a few seconds and a quite a bit of calculation to realize that it wasn’t just these two I had to worry about .

“Wait!!! “ I exclaimed and when I got them both to look at me , forgetting the phone call they were about to make , I sighted in relief  “ here is the thing ! I need to go pick my brother up right this minute .. I understand you both are worried about me , that just shows that you’re good people but I think we shouldn’t make a big deal of this … trust me I don’t blame you or hold you responsible , I could leave now and I promise I  will later get my head checked  if that will make you feel better “ I saw the temptation my words were to them and expected nothing but agreement , they were after all getting a free pass and with me seemingly not recognizing them  … it would be like it never happened .

“ No “ was the loud objection and I was quite surprised it came from the driver  . He still looked like he was about to throw up and was heavily shacking but I saw clear determination on his face and was at a loss of words again .

“ We’re going to take you to a hospital  , we can’t leave  until we make sure you’re alright , is your brother far from here ? “ Joon asked .

“He’s in Jongno! “ I easily answered  and felt instantly happy about that little fact .

“ That’s … “

“ Impossible by car at this time , I know “ I added , they both exchanged another look and I decided it was time I lay down my last card , but just as I was about to speak up , someone drove by honking .

``````````````````````````````````````````````

 

All three of us jumped up in panic , not having thought of other people or of the fact that we were still standing in the middle of the street seemed ridiculously stupid and almost unforgivingly so … but as the car drove by without even slowing I let out my held breath and moved on to fixing it .

“Don’t you think you should move your car? I mean it’s a wonder no one noticed before!! “I scolded, suddenly feeling very old and tired, also it didn’t help that I seemed to need to think on their behalf as well.

But my words fell short of shacking them out of their daze and I.. being so slow that day finally realized that if I was worried about my temporary  boss absurdly firing me because of his attachment to this particular boy group  , then they must be worried and rightfully so about their whole future and career , wasn’t this after all the perfect recipe for ruining their idol life !

“ Hyung .. “Cheondoong seemingly clearing up a little called and I felt a tangle of shame creep on me as Joon hazily looked at him .  “ .. Go park the car but keep the engine running ,  we’re going to a hospital “

“ I told you I have to go !  “I yelled back, but my voice no longer rose in neither annoyance nor urgency, I simply didn’t know what would be the right thing to do or how to do it .

“You need to pick your brother up , right? “He asked and I nodded with interest, while Joon continued his wide eyed silence .

   “ well , we live about a block away from  Jongno … someone from our dorm could go pick him up while we take you for a checkup and they could meet up with us there  , would that be alright ?” Cheondoong finally stated  .

I had to admit  the idea wasn’t all that bad, a little over two hours must have passed since Jaesun class ended, and if I knew his private tutor as well as I thought I did, he would be well into his next elite student with my brother either in the hallway or siting on the stairs of the building waiting … I didn’t have the time or energy to go on arguing with these two or even run the rest of the way I fi won .

“I guess that would be fine … who are you calling?” I untrustingly asked.

“Our savor … “Cheondoong clarified then turned to Joon and said “call Seungho Hyung!” .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

``````````````````````````````````````

Author note: a little messy start but the story will unfold much better later On, promise …. Anyway next chapter will be not only introduce Seungho but it will be also be made from his POV. Thank you for reading the story and all feedback would be welcomed: D