Interesting, Wide Range of People

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerim

Do you ever have this weird feeling in the morning where when you're so used to waking up early in the morning and one day, you had such a good night sleep that sleeping until 11 a.m wouldn't even bother you? That's how I felt early this morning. I felt like I could snuggle closer to my pillow and plunge into the world of dreams, clouds and unicorns. Then it's wrong to do so because my pillow turns out to be Luhan's lap. That ain't cool. Scratch that, it's very weird and uncomfortable as the truth unveils. 

--------------------------------------

Author POV

Yerim's eyebrows furrows and flutters open to find a particular someone's face right above hers.

"Crap!" was her reaction to the absurd situation. As if nothing can be louder than her morning curse, she turns her body too fast and rolls off the couch, landing on the ground. She groans then checks on Luhan to see him still asleep. Not expected from a very sensitive guy. Just like a caterpillar, she inches using her chin and grooves (hehe), away from the couch and out of the living room, undetected.

"That's easier than expected," she quietly giggles and walks, without looking in front of her. And so, as a reward of her clumsiness, she stubs her big toe on the foot of the stairs. Weirdly enough, she lets out a weird snort plus inward groan.

"Why is it so goddamn noisy today?!" Luhan sits up straight from the couch. Having a grown person, faceplant on the staircase is an even rarer sight than having a burglar break into the house. For Luhan, that is. 

Play dead, Yerim thinks. Luhan grabs his spatula from the kitchen and creeps up to the unmoving body. He holds his breath and pokes the lump of flesh, facedown on the staircase. Poot! Yerim releases a sound. A sound that made her want to go bungee jumping then cut off the safety cord. To plunge into death might be the best way to get rid of her embarrassment right this moment. It's the wrong time to be gassy. 

Luhan breathes in a sigh of relief and inhales too much of the smell in. His nostrils burn at the odor, gasping for fresh, PURE air. But hey, on the bright side, no crazy Goldilock broke into his house while he was in his deep deep slumber.

"No starchy food for you," Luhan simply and sternly says and walks up the stairs. It seems that he's forgetting that there's a spatula in his hand. 

"You're not going to laugh? Isn't it kinda smelly and disgusting?" Yerim stutters, waiting for him to answer her question with his evil laugh and insults. But it didn't come.

"I don't think it's something you should be so ashamed of. It's natural. There's not a soul out there that doesn't pass gas," he says and reaches out a hand to her. Yerim hesitantly places her hand in his so he could help her up. He sudden retracts his hand and raises his brows at her. 

"Fee for polluting the air in my house," he gestures his hand and impatiently taps his foot.

He almost looks charming. So close to my Unicorn-man. Yerim inwardly grumbles.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"This is Lee Ye Rim. A fellow co-worker here starting from today. She has a walnut-size brain so help her out, guys. I hope things won't go out of hand as to having me handle the situation. Understood? Great. I could care less if you understand. That's why you have co-workers. Have them explain. Now start cleaning. Hustle!" Luhan raps and walks away. Yerim stands there, staring at her fellow co-workers who almost look as clueless as she was. It's not such a good start for the first day of work.

"Where's Jeom Sang Chul? Late again?" Luhan grumbles and casts a glare towards the entrance. Everyone remains quiet for 2 whole minutes. Then the gorgeous, tall girl, who looks around 19, pipes up. 

"He says he has a life and death situation to deal with," she sings and walks into the kitchen with a smirk.

"The last time he said that, he needed to feed a cat on the way here. Which results in a chase through the neighborhood, or so he says," Luhan talks about it like it's a everyday event. Yerim doesn't know how the hell feeding a cat would lead to a chase through the neighborhood but this Jeom Sang Chul sounds like one hell of a rebellious guy. Without actually knowing him yet, she thinks he's probably the loud and unruly guy that probably has talents because that's the only reason why he'd be able to still stick around after skipping work. 

"Yah!" her "boss" exclaims, grabbing her attention. She scowls in response. 

"Ask your seniors what you should do," He says sternly. 

"Seniors? They're younger than me!" Yerim snaps in irritation due to the fact that Luhan had cornered her into stating her very very old age. ( She thinks she's too old for the job.)

"Then behave more maturely."

"My young, youthful heart wouldn't allow it," she sniffles and smirks at him. 

"I'm here,"  young man walks in. His hair, probably hasn't felt the feels of a hair brush before, falls into his left eye. He has pretty, long eyelashes and large full lips. Not a doubt, he's a pretty boy. Luhan brushes pass her and gives the pretty boy an earful. 

It's likely that he's Jeom Sang Chul, Yerim thinks. He has very poor postures with his shoulders hunched, head hangs down, sideway, knees slightly bented. Once every few minutes, he'd roll his eyes and blow his bangs that's blocking his field of vision. Their eyes meet briefly. Yerim thinks she saw something in the boy's eyes that brings back nostaglic feelings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter