Tagging Along- Bored Or Jealous?

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

After a long annoying process of debating with himself, he silently and grumpily tags along with Yerim and the full-of-s Sang Chul. Despite wanting to go with them to make sure things go "well", the scrunched up, wrinkly old geezer face says otherwise. 

"What's with you? Why are you coming too?" Sang Chul questions, teasingly. Luhan starts overreacting and denying it like it was an old-school love-teasing.

"Look, no one putted a leash on you and dragged you here, so get your ugly face out of here if you're going to just grumble all day," Sang Chul scowls, earning a smack on the shoulder, followed by a kick and jab. Sang Chul swats him away like a fly. 

"Get your dirty hands off me! You . Stop touching me!" Sang Chul squeals and grumbles, "I bet you're just jealous that you didn't get to invite Yerim to go with you first so that's why you're being such a sore loser and following us around while having such a face on. It irritates me and I can't resist the urge to slap the expression off." He huffs and catches his breath. They continue their girly cat fight.

"A ? Me? I'd rather bang my head against the wall and touch a gay guy than hear this from the guy who didn't hesitate to go touch a co-worker without even a formal introduction to start!" Luhan spits back.

"Do you have something against gay people? Besides, was I suppose to just let her hit the ground after bumping into you?" He jabs his finger onto the other male's chest, "Isn't that right Ye-EHHHHH?"

After trying to have Yerim back him up, he turns to find a quiet and empty spot where she once stood. He panics and jogs down and up the street they walked. 

"We lost that school girl again?" Luhan groans and runs a hand through his brown locks. He bites his bottom lip and scans the little stands along the sidewalk. A familiar short, broad back view strikes him. The female has a very ugly bird nest atop her head. Bingo! He slaps the younger male on the back and gestures to the small stand. Just like a dad, Sang Chul lets a sigh of relief escape his mouth. He lets out a soft chuckle and fans himself.

"That waffle looks spectacular. It tastes mad good, too," Yerim her lips and watches the waffle maker sizzle. The batter slowly spills out from the side of the metallic waffle print. The old lady who owns the stand had offer a piece of waffle to her for tasting. The moment the smell hits her, she feels water. The waffle is fluffy and moist. The hotness of the freshly made waffle doesn't bother her one bit. Sweetness finds its way into and spreads like a tidal wave as it crashes into the beach. Golden brown and soft waffles made by a nice old lady. Yerim giggles. 

She checks her surrounding before whispering to the sweet old lady. "Ma'am, would you care to share with me the secret to this heavenly waffle? Just a little tip would do. I'd love to make this," She bounces at the ball of her feet up and down. The old lady has an amused smile plastered on her aging face that seems to still has its glow. The corner of her eyes crinkles up when she smiles. 

"It wouldn't be a secret recipe anymore if I tell you," she retorts with all the wits one could have.

Luhan and Sang Chul walk right in during the small silence. Luhan scolds Yerim like a mom. Sang Chul wraps his long sturdy arm around Yerim and pulls her to his side as a form of defense. Not that this shields her from Luhan's bombardment of adamant scoldings. 

So innocent and oblivious, the elder sighs in her head. 

"Young one," she beckons Yerim to her side. Puzzled, Yerim points to herself and earns a nod from the elder. The elder sussurs into Yerim's ear. The latter quickly hugs the lady and bows goodbye. She skips away with the two boys hurrying to catch up from behind.

"What did she tell you?" Luhan asks, trying hard to be nonchalant and casts a glance over his shoulder. He recieves no repsonse. Yerim and Sang Chul have already zoomed off to the grocery store. He has been ignored. Again. 

Yerim hops into the cart and sits cross-legged in it. She giggles and looks at Luhan, expecting him to push the cart. Instead, he rolls his eyes and stalks off. 

"Looks like fun," Sang Chul re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter