Training

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere in the kitchen is thick and icy. Ye Rim could not stop her eyes from flitting over to the red small zit on Luhan's face. The place where there was a zit yesterday, now seemed to have reddened twice as much. She could not quite figure out why it has gotten so much worse. Luhan, on the other hand, grits his teeth and stubbornly holds on tight to his anger.

 

This morning, 4 a.m

Luhan lets out a small yawn and sluggishly trudges to the bathroom. The small slice of cucumber falls to the carpet for he fell asleep with it on, the whole entire night. Flicking on the bathroom light, he locks the door behind him. He sits down on the toilet and does his business. What he sees in the mirror as he gets up made his throat tightens and his forehead sweats. A slightly red rash appears on his cheek. On the exact spot he placed the cucumber on, apparently. He flips out like crazy in the bathroom. Bolting to his phone, on the desk, he trips and fumbles. His sweaty, panicking hands shakes as he types in the appearance of his rash onto the search engine. 

Cucumber allergy, it reads. In the most severe cases, the face and throat may swell so much that breathing becomes difficult or even impossible. 

He could've die. Because of...A STUPID PIECE OF CUCUMBER AND A NOSY GIRL.

 

Ye Rim feels a little conscious about the unwavering, intense glare Luhan's boring at her. His mind fills with swears and demonic voices, spitting out poisons in a form of words. Intimidated, she doesn't lift up her head and munches on her dry breakfast. The whole morning seems to follow by just like that. Until, Ye Rim breaks the silence with her oblivious and infuriating (for Luhan) question.

"Are you...PMS-ing?"

The whole room's dead silent. The ticking of Luhan's watch echoes through the whole house. His uneven breaths and her soft ones fill the air. From the water sprinkler outside in the lawn to the sound of ants crawling onto the counter top; they are all heard.

"WHY WOULD I BE PMS-ING?!' The lad glowers at the poor girl. Not that she was being mischevious and playing it innocent but she really wondered if men could do things like that too. 

"Sheesh, I get it. A 'No' would've been enough," she peers at him,"There's no need to be so alarmed and vociferate." She feels proud and mighty as soon as the big word left .

"This is your fault," he grumbles and gnaws on the small piece of toast between his front teeths.

She wrinkles her nose and snorts. "I'm at fault for asking?" 

Luhan holds his tongue and fights back the impulse to tear the playful half-grin off her face and tie her to a tree. He inhales a lung full of air and lets it out. Instead of wasting his time to spend tossing around in bed last night, he planned out the things that Yerim needed to learn in order to pass the perfect-daughter-in-law exam. It wasn't going to be easy. He knew this from the moment he hired her but Luhan is the type to always be prepare. 

"Brace yourself," He mumbles lowly. It's too low for Yerim to catch so she chirps a "what?" and tilts her head to one side. 

"Training's rough."

-----------------------------------

"No , Sherlock," she gasps with raspy breaths. Running up a hill doesn't seem to appeal to her in the first place but it's better off than abs workout. The memory of Luhan telling her the reason to this vigorous and immediate "training" fades as she perspires more and more just as her lungs and throat screams for air.

"You're slacking. Move those legs. Feel your muscles tighten and harden," he says dryly, not even trying to make it sound encouraging.

" my life. What the hell is this training anyway? I don't remember signing up for this," She whines and cusses.

"I don't remember making this a choice. Watch your language. Should I also plug in a session for your use of language too?" He asks or at least tried to because to Yerim, his tone's too flat and even. 

"No, sir. Please have mercy," Yerim rolls her eyes and picks up her speed again. "When does this end, anyway? At lunch? Is there another session of stupid nonsensical stuff that rich people do? Do I have to learn how to dance? What's for lunch? Can I have a casserole? And a bottle of Dr. Pepper? Is there even food? Can I stop now? Why aren't you answering me? What's wrong with your face?" She jabs Luhan on the cheek.

He admits that this girl is a spawn of the annoying orange. Does she ever shut up? Getting mad is not a wise move and it would only encourage her to do more of her "torture" session of questions. She needs to know who was boss and when to pipe up.

When Yerim's about to take another leap up the steep hill, Luhan snatches a fist full of her collar and drags her back. The lighten-speed change of direction makes her stumble back, hitting Luhan's har

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter