Job Interview

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I brush my jeans and straighten my shirt. This is it. If I don't get this job, it's over for me. I take a deep breath and hum my favorite song once. Clear my throat and push open the door. The bell rings as I enter the shop. It's small but cozy. The interior designs are better than I expected. The floor is covered with white marble tiles. Round small tables are placed in patterns with similar designed chairs. There's a lounge far back in the shop and a stair that leads to the second floor. That's some pretty unique interior designs.

Someone clears their throat. "Um...is there anything you need or are you here just to gape at my shop and drool on the floor? You'll have to clean up if you do."

My head snaps in the direction of the voice and boy, it was a horrible sight. Mr. Cocky's looking at me with his eyebrows raise. My nose twitches but I keep my cool.

"Are you the manager or something?" I question him as politely as possible.

"No. I own this shop." He clicks his tongue and looks around, uninterested.  "And your business is...?" He eyes me again from head to toe.

"Ah, I came for the job. You had these fliers up and it seems like you're short on people." I don't know why I did it but I wiggle my eyebrows at him.

He ignores it and gets on. "Why should I hire you?" He wipes his hand with the towel and walks out from behind the counter. Arms cross, he tilts his head and waits for my respond.

Without a second thought I reply, " Because I don't have a job. Duh." I smirk in victory as I see his fallen expression. He was baffled. Before I could add in a few more witty responds, his phone rings.

"Hello?" There's a long pause, "oh really? Don't worry dad. She's not going to run away. I'll see you in 3 weeks." He ends the call and looks at me. He squints and takes a few steps closer. For each step he takes, I back away two steps until my heels hit the chair behind. I curse silently and look up to him getting closer. He places his hand on his chin with a gesture that shows that he's thinking hard.

Honestly, what could that pea-size brain do. Even if he racks his brain all day, he still wouldn't be able to read my mind....if that's what he's trying to do. His gaze's are like scanners and it makes me really uncomfortable.

"You!" He snaps his fingers and points my way. I jump due to the suddenness. "Hah?" I ask, puzzle.

"You want a job here right?" He raise his brows. I nod my head immediately. "Fine. You're hire." He says, firmly. It's so bold that it's creepy but I celebrate anyway.

"Alright!" I pump my fist.

"But."

"But...?" I half whine, half sigh.

"But I have a condition for you. You have to..." he glances at me and sigh.

"I have to?"

"Marry me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter