How to Succeed in Love

I Got Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum took off his shoes as he entered the house. It was 10 PM and the entire of the roommates were already locking their selves on their rooms. Jaebum walked toward the dining room, put his work bag on the table and he opened the food cover.

A smile was formed on the edge of his lips as he found a bowl of bbudijiggae on it.

“So, this was the surprise that she prepared for me,” he took a sticky note beside the bowl and read it.

‘Hey Korean Justin Bieber, you must be very hungry, huh? You worked too hard, dude. Here, I cooked your favorite food, and gained your strengths back so you can wake up early tomorrow morning and buy the ingredients for our tomorrow’s breakfast! You can find the list on the back side of this note.’

X.O.X.O  - Your hottest noona, Jung Eunji.

 

Jaebum let out a soft chuckle as he finished reading the pink note. “She’s indeed a happy virus,” Jaebum pull a chair and he sat on it. He grabbed the Korean stew that Eunji cooked for him and started to eat it.

Less than 5 minutes, he already finished his meal. Jaebum rose from his seat to take a glass of cold water on the refrigerator. He almost jumped from his place when he suddenly caught someone presence that already stood behind him.

“Hayoung-ah? You surprised me,” he whined while rubbed his chest repeatedly.

“I’m sorry, oppa,” the youngest said while rubbed the back of her neck clumsily.

“What’s the matter? You are sleep yet?” Jaebum asked as he walked back toward the dining room.

“I can't sleep yet,” Hayoung pouted and followed the eldest from behind.

“What happened again with you? Are you missed your parents?” Jaebum took his seat and signaled the youngest to sit beside him.

“Off course I missed them. But, I’ve been feeling better since I have you and Eunji eonnie here. You two were like my second father and my mother,” Hayoung curved a thin smile on her face.

“But the kids here are always calling me as their harabeoji instead a father,” Jaebum whimpered and Hayoung giggled because of it. “So, what makes you can sleep yet?”

“Oppa… are you free tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow is Sunday right?” Jaebum asked back.

Hayoung nodded.

“It’s my one and only free time on a week,” he smiled.

“So… I need your help,” Hayoung stuttered but she dared herself to stare at him.

***

 

“Well, well, well, where do you want to go at this early, Jae?” Eunji jaw dropped as she saw her housemate showed up earlier on the morning on Sunday. It was rare to see he woke up early on Sunday morning. After he had done his task, Jaebum would usually spend his time in his room and sleep again.

Mark and Youngjae have the same reaction as Eunji. They both were also surprised to see his friend walking out from his room, looking fresh. Naeun that was watching a television on the first floor on the other hand was frowning as she also found that Hayoung walking down the staircase and saw her outfit.

Their outfits were not too outstanding, just casual, but they looked so dazzling. Jaebum wore white shirt, a black skinny jeans and a baseball cap. While Hayoung wore a crop-white t-shirt and a midi floral skirt. She had her hair tied into ponytail and her bang was swipe to the side as usual. She brought a small bag.

“Oh my God… I bet that you two will go on a date, am I right?” Mark patted Jaebum’s shoulder, and the latter only put a goofy smile on his face.

“What? A date? Seriously?” Eunji furrowed her eyebrow.

“Off course, we looked so match to each other, right?” Jaebum winked playfully toward Hayoung, and Eunji who noticed it suddenly wanted to puke.

“Yah, don’t joking around, oppa. Let’s go now, we will almost late,” Hayoung nudge the eldest elbow and signaled him to go out. “Eunji eonnie, Naeun eonnie, Youngjae-ya, Mark oppa, we will go now. Bye,” Hayoung bid her goodbye while grabbed Jaebum’s wrist and dragged him out.

When they were sure that both of them already left from the house, Youngjae suddenly spoke out. “I never know that Jaebum hyung finally had a special relationship with Hayoungie.”

“They will become a cute couple,” Mark blurted out.

Naeun suddenly got up from her seat and without say anything, she immediately ran toward the stairs.

“What happened to her?” Youngjae frowned.

“Mark, help me to pour the rest of the vegetable into the soup. I’ll run for Naeun,” Eunji immediately handed a bowl of fresh cabbage to Mark, before she ran upstairs.

“Yah, yah, Eunji-ya. I can’t cook!“ he whined but the girl already disappeared from his sights. “Aish… that girl seriously…”

***

 

“A hot coffee for me and a glass of fresh milk for you~” Jaebum sang as he placed the drinks on the table. Both decided to take their breakfast in a café before they went to do what Hayoung had planned for their hangout.

Jaebum took a sip of his coffee and turned his head toward the youngest. “What’s your plan?”

“Not going to tell you,” Hayoung chuckled.

“Aahh, so you want to play hide and seek with me, huh?” Jaebum was tickling her waist playfully and Hayoung groaned.

“I want to buy a present for him,” she said.

“A present? Is he going to celebrate a birthday party?” Jaebum furrowed his eyebrow.

Hayoung shook his head. “No, it just… a friendly present,” a flush suddenly tinted on her cheeks and Jaebum noticed it.

“Eeyyy, are you sure is only for friendship purpose? Don’t lie to me, Hayoung-ah. I know that you must be had a crush on him,” Jaebum teased the youngest and it made Hayoung blushing harder.

 “I should’ve known from the start that I can’t lie to you,” she pouted.

“Off course you were. So…  What a kind of present that you wanted to buy?” Jaebum raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll tell you after we finished our breakfast,” Hayoung immediately moved her gaze at her meal, while Jaebum still staring at her without her noticing.

***

 

Flashback - Last night.

“What? You like who?!” Jaebum couldn’t believe what he just heard from Hayoung. She suddenly confessed to him about her secret crush.

“Shush… Don’t speak too loud or the other will hear you, oppa,” Hayoung hissed as she placed her index finger against her lips.

When Hayoung spilled her secret, Jaebum’s face suddenly change like someone in fear. The youngest just told him that she likes one of the members of the house.

“Oppa? Why are you making that face?” Hayoung tilted her head to see the eldest.

“N-No, I just never thought that you will have a crush on him. I still can’t believe it,” he stuttered.

“Eyy, I’m already mature enough to have a crush, oppa,” Hayoung beamed as she rubbed her palms together against her laps.

“Are you sure? Maybe that was just because he was good looking, but you don't know anything about him yet,”

“I don’t know. But, I found that my heart was beating faster every time I meet him… Ah, it’s embarrassing,” Hayoung cupped her face with both of her palms and it suddenly made Jaebum’s face fall. “So, Jaebum oppa, could you please help me?”

Jaebum groaned. “How am I supposed to help you? I always get busy with my work times and I don’t have any free time beside on Sunday.”

“But, you are the leader among us. I just wanted you to help me to dig some information a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter