Save The Last Chance

I Got Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week ago

“I’m home!” Jackson entered the house on 3 PM. He walked toward the kitchen to found nothing on the dining table.

“Argh, I'm starving and no one was leaving the food for me. How rude~” he whined as he rubbed his stomach. “I’ll ask Jinyoung to cook for me.”

He then walked toward the room that located in the corner of the 1st floor. When Jackson was just some meters away from the youngest room, he suddenly stopped his pace since he heard something from inside the room.

“Are you serious, hyung? You liked her?!” that was Jinyoung’s voice.

“Yes, I think so,” Jackson knew who has the voice that was talking with Jinyoung.

He then decided to walk closer to door and leaned his ear onto it, so he could hear their conversation clearly.

“But, I heard that you liked Bomi noona,” Jinyoung lowered his voice this time.

“I didn't think that I really like Bomi. I just feel challenged to get her heart since many guys in this house had a crush on her. But, as long as I got close to Eunji, I could feel the different beat inside my heart whenever I spent my time with her. And I felt that I missed her like crazy when Hayoung asked her to kept her distance from me at that time,”

Jackson was taken aback by Mark’s confession. He never knew that his roommate was secretly having a crush with the same girl that he liked.

“So, why don’t you try to confess your love to her?” Jinyoung asked again, and made Jackson lean his ear again on the door.

“I don’t think that she have the same feeling like I did,” Mark paused before he speak again. “I thought she developed her feeling to Jackson, not me.”

Once again, Jackson was taken aback by his roommate remark.

“Ah yeah, I thought the same too since she close to him. But, she never told everyone in this house about her love life. So, I think you still have your chance, hyung,” Jinyoung said.

"Um, yeah. Maybe I should try. Wish me luck, okay?"

Jinyoung and Mark burst into laughter together, while Jackson slowly stepped back and decided to go to his room. He just forgot that he was starving, since the things that he had heard earlier were making him suddenly overwhelmed.

***

 

“Sleeping yet, Jackson-ah?” Mark greet as he came out from the bathroom.

Jackson shifted a bit from the bed as he heard the eldest voice. “Ah, not yet, where do you want to go, hyung?” he asked when he was seeing Mark was already wearing fine clothes.

“I want to go to the cinema with Eunji,” Mark said while fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

“Eunji? J-just two of you?” Jackson startled and he couldn't help for not stuttering.

Mark nodded without turning his head to the youngest. “We made a bet before and she lose, so she should buy me a movie ticket.”

“Oh…” Jackson swallowed hard.

“Okay, I’ll go now. See you again, Jack,” Mark was about to bid his goodbye, but suddenly Jackson called him and he turn around to face the youngest.

“Please take care of her for me,”

“Pardon?”

“Please take care of her since you will go out together with her till midnight and I can’t accompany her,”

Mark stunned for some seconds before he started to open his mouth. “W-what do you mean, Jack?”

“I liked her, hyung. And she ever said that she likes me too,” Jackson lied.

Mark didn't move his feet or his lips.

“And I’ll make a plan to confess this feeling to her soon. So…” Jackson moved his gaze to meet the eldest. “I hope you can give your support to us.”

Mark’s eyes widened, then closed, the opened up again in fear. He wanted to say something, but suddenly a familiar voice approached their ears.

“Mark, what took you so long?” a head popped out from the back of their room door. “Oh, Jackson-ah. Did you are free? Let’s join us to the cinema,” she asked cheerfully while showing her eye smile toward the youngest. Mark noticed.

Jackson shook his head. “No, thanks noona. I need to take a rest since I spent my days with practicing, so I just feel tired,”

“Ouch, poor my baby Jack…” Eunji pout and walk toward the youngest before ruffling his hair.

“Yah, noona. You ruined my hair!” Jackson whined, but Eunji ignored it and keep on ruffling his hair till it become messy. And Mark noticed the happiness in her eyes, clearly.

“I’ll go with Mark then. Bye, Jack,” Eunji, by out of the blue, grabbed Mark’s wrist. “Come on, Mark.”

Mark nodded and let her dragged him out from the room.

 

When Jackson sensed that they were out of sight, he heaved a sigh. “I’m sorry, Mark hyung… But, I have to do this.”

***

 

A hard pang greeted Mark’s heart and he felt so painful till made him numb. The way her smiling, the way her his hair – was making his heartbroken worsened.

Mark was just coming out from his room and that was when his eyes met the sight. Jackson was laying his head on Eunji’s lap and they shared their laughs, till they didn’t realizing his presence in front of them.

Mark then decided to clear his throat and teased them till made both of them moving their gazes to him.

“Did I smell a new couple here?” he was stupid, he just admitted it when he decided to walk heading their place. He absolutely felt furious, but he couldn’t show it even his chest was so painful.

“N-no, it’s not right. Jackson just feels tired because of his tight schedule earlier, so he wanted to sleep on my lap while he’s playing Hwoarang for me,” her explanation could make him feel relieved a bit.

“Oh…” Mark nodded as he resting his back against the couch while offered a bag of potato chips to her.

Jackson noticed it but he decided to shut his eyes and sleeping because he just too tired at that time.

Mark could see that the girl that he liked was smiling happily when he gave her favorite snack. But, he decided to act firm since he remembered what Jackson had told him earlier.

He didn't want to hurt his roommate, since he thought that Eunji has developed her feeling for Jackson, not him.

***

 

 

“Jaebum-ah, where do you want to bring me?” Naeun said while Jaebum lead her, since he asked his girlfriend to covering her eyes with cloths.

“You can open the cloths now,” Jaebum saying as they stopped their paces.

Naeun was surprise when she opened it and found herself was arrived at the private restaurant. There were many flowers on the floor and music was playing in the air. She noticed that it was her favorite song that had been played by the pianist.

“Jaebum-ah…” Naeun started to cry as she never expected that her boyfriend will make her heart suddenly flutters.

Jaebum approached her with a smile. He grabbed her hand then he guided her to the center of the lit candles. He then shoved his hand into his pocket before he kneeled down and showing a box of rings toward Naeun.

“Naeun-ah… I knew that this is so sudden. But, I want you to marry me…”

“Jaebum-ah…” the only word she could utter as she couldn't believe what just she heard. Im Jaebum was proposing. It was thing that she has been dreaming of. And he finally did it.

“I want you to officially being mine then I can protect you and stay by your side for 24 hours everyday,” Jaebum continued.

“But you know that I cannot gives you children because of the cancer—“

“Shhh…” Jaebum got up as he wiped a tear that was falling from the edge of her eyes. “The important thing for me now is being with you, Naeun-ah. About the children, we can adopt later.”

“But, it isn’t fair for you… You’re too good for me and I don’t deserve your kindness…” Naeun choked in her tears.

“Naeun-ah, please listen to me,” Jaebum cupped her cheeks with both of his palms so he could met her face. “Please stop for saying that I’m too good for you or else. I loved you and I don’t need anything else except stayed beside you forever. That’s what I’ve bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter