Chapter 2

I'm Fine

I-I shouldn't be here! I'm perfectly sane!" I panicked and started squirming around.

"That's what everyone says." Wonho said nonchalantly, scratching his head.

"No! I really am sane! I have a job and an apartment! There's been a mistake!"

"So you need to have a job and an apartment to be sane? Huh. I didn't know that." Wonho continued to graze his lips with the tips of his fingers.

I groaned a little, trying with every bit of strength I had to pull my arms away from my waist. They didn't budge. At that instant, the door opened again and my head jerked toward it. Ms. Kim walked back in and right up to me.

"Thank you for waiting so patiently, Takuya. Come with me. Let's get you out of these sleeves."

I sighed relieved and stood up with her help. "Oh thank god. You're just the person I need to talk to!"

She led me out of the room. I didn't notice if Wonho watched us go.

"Of course, how can I help you?" Ms. Kim led me down the dimly lit hallway.

"Ms. Kim, I shouldn't be here! I'm 100% sane!"

She chuckled and patted my back. "Sure you are."

I didn't like the sugar sweet tone of her voice. She obviously didn't believe me.

I stopped and turned to face her directly. "I'm telling the truth! You can call my friends and family and they'll all tell you the same thing!"

Her expression hardened a little and she placed her hands tighter on my back. "I don't like your tone, Takuya. I suggest you lighten up. You will be meeting your friends in room 2. You remember them, don't you?"

I was about to open my mouth and shout no, but she pushed me forward and continued talking. "They've missed you a lot. They'll be happy to see you again."

I wanted to talk but my mouth suddenly stopped working. My voice kept getting caught in my throat and all I made were crazy-sounding gags. What the hell?

Ms. Kim opened the door to Room 2. "Good morning everyone! Takuya is back to visit for a while." Ms. Kim smiled and showed me off to the other guys in the room.

One guy with red hair wore a magicians hat and was waving a wand around, seemingly practicing a skill. Another guy wearing a backwards black cap was doing several stretching exercises and looked pretty engaged in it. Sitting on a chair near the window was another guy with dark brown, spiky hair staring out the window blankly. And the last guy had yellow hair and was drawing multicolored circles in the corner wall of the room. None of them even glanced at me or Ms. Kim.

"I'll let you get settled." Ms. Kim smiled at me and untied the knot around my back. Every bit of sternness was gone from her face. Somehow it made me relax a little. I watched her leave with the sleeves that kept my arms tied together and closed the door. Then I slowly turned back to the others. They acted as if I wasn't there. Feeling a bit awkward, I moved toward the window where the guy with dark brown hair was sitting. He was staring unblinkingly out the window.

"...excuse me?" I leaned in toward him a little.

He didn't respond.

I sighed and leaned against the wall. What did I do to deserve this...?

"Excuse me sir, have we met before?"

I opened my eyes. The guy with red hair and the magician wand stood in front of me.

"According to the nurse, we have." I shrugged.

"Please hold out your hand."

"Excuse me?"

"You will be mesmerized, I promise!"

I sighed again and held out my right hand.

The guy waved his hand over mine and slowly moved my fingers into a fist. "When I count to three, you won't be able to move your fingers."

"Okay."

"One, two, three!" The guy pushed my fist down. I looked down at my hand and tried to move my fingers. They moved just fine.

"It didn't work." I looked at the guy.

"Damnit...what am I doing wrong..." He scratched his head and wrinkled his face in confusion.

"Hey Yongseok! I figured out why you at being a musician!" The cap-wearing guy said.

Yongseok sighed. "Nobody asked you, Xiaoxiang."

"I told you, I changed my name to Casper!"

"You can't suddenly change your name."

"'Course I can! Anyway, you at being a magician because you don't believe the words your saying."

"You just made that up."

"Did not!"

"Yes you did."

Casper groaned and stopped stretching. "Why don't you ever take me seriously?"

"Because you never take me seriously."

I cleared my throat a little. "Excuse me?"

Casper walked over to me. "Welcome to hell." He chuckled dryly and patted my back. I flinched a little from his strength.

"What are you guys in here for?" I rubbed my shoulder a little.

Neither of them answered me.

"...I forgot." Casper blinked.

"Me too." Yongseok added.

"What about him?" I glanced at the guy staring out the window.

"That's Sangmin. He got back from a treatment session with Ms. Kim a while ago." Casper said.

"Why is he staring out the window like that?"

"Apparently we all get like that after treatment. That's what Ms. Kim told us." Yongseok shrugged.

I looked at him. "What kind of treatment are you talking about?"

Yongseok and Casper shared glances.

"You don't know?" I looked at them with an arched eyebrow.

"Hypnotherapy." The yellow haired guy spoke from the corner. He turned around to look at me. He was wearing glasses. "I'm absolutely sure of it." He grinned big.

I look at him and then at Sangmin. It does make a little sense...

"Seyoung, that's what you always say." Casper rolled his eyes.

"Think about it! We always feel like we're waking up from a dream, right? Right?" He looked at me again.

"Hey, what's your name?" Casper looked at me too.

"Takuya."

"Takuya? ...why does that sound familiar...?"

"Um, I don't know."

A sudden slamming noise came from our right. Sangmin's head had crashed onto the windowsill. His eyes had closed.

"Hey, hey Sangmin!" Casper and Yongseok quickly propped him up. Jianing went back to drawing circles on the wall.

"Hey, say something!"

I watched as Sangmin groaned slightly and slowly lifted his head up. "What...where am I?"

"Hell." Casper and Yongseok answered at the same time.