Chapter 7

I'm Fine

“Okay.” I nodded after a couple seconds.

“What’s the plan?” Seyoung asked excitedly. The others watched me expectantly.

 “Okay, so in order for the nurse to be willing to let us hypnotize her, she must not be thinking straight. So, we should get her to take some kind of drug that will lower her guard and make her more relaxed.”

“Like a sedative?” Yongseok cocked his head a little.

“Yes, perfect!” I pointed at him.

“Where would we find one?” Casper asked.

“We’re in an insane asylum! There must be a container or syringe of it in every room!” I exclaimed.

Sangmin’s head turned to the cupboards supporting the white sink near the door.

“Maybe…?” He pointed to them and I turned around.

“Good thinking!” I rushed over and pulled both doors open. There were some bottles of water and small blue teacups. I moved them aside to look further in the back. I saw a small container with a label wrapped around it with some scribbled words I couldn’t quite make out.

I shook my head and closed the cupboard doors.

“There’s no sedative in here.”

“Where else would they be?” Casper asked.

Seyoung gasped. “The treatment room!”

Everyone looked at him strangely.

“You know, the room where M—the nurse take us for hypnotherapy!”

I stood up and walked back over to them.

“One of us is going to have to go in and grab it.”

“Are you insane?” Casper’s eyes widened at me. “How are we going to do that?! There are guards, remember?”

“Maybe while one of us goes, the rest of us can distract the guards.” Sangmin said quietly.

I nodded at Sangmin. “That’s just what I was thinking. Now who wants to go into the treatment room and grab the sedative?”

Nobody said anything. Not even Seyoung.

I blinked. “Um, anyone?”

“You seem to be the most excited about it. I think you should go.” Yongseok said.

Everyone else nodded in agreement.

“I want to distract the guards!” Seyoung clapped a couple times.

Casper chuckled. “Yongseok, you can distract them with your magic tricks that don’t work.”

“Oh come on!” Yongseok sighed.

“Okay, okay!” I held my hands up. “So you all distract the guards and I will sneak into the treatment room.”

“What about…the nurse?” Yongseok glanced at Sangmin then back at me.

“Yeah, what if she’s in there?” Casper added.

“If she’s in there, I’ll just be really careful.” I shrugged.

My mind was racing at our developing plan and I wanted to put it into action.

“Okay, everyone ready?” I looked at everyone.

Assorted “yeahs” and nods came from them.

“Let’s do it!” Seyoung fist pumped.

 

 

 

“Help! Oh my god, someone help!!!” Seyoung banged on the door loudly and raised his voice to a very high pitch.

“Hey, shut up you freak! I’m not done with you!” Casper pulled Seyoung away from the door and lightly wrestled with him on the floor.

“No, stop!!! I have a girlfriend!! And a dog!!” Seyoung started snickering a little.

“Don’t laugh!” I hissed quietly. I was positioned next to the closed door.

Soon we heard running footsteps and then the door slammed open. Two guards wearing dark blue shirts rushed over to Casper and Seyoung and tried to pry them away from each other.

“Let go of me!” Casper jabbed his elbow in one of the guard’s chest and the guard cringed a little.

Sangmin and Yongseok came from the corner and tackled the guards. I watched in amazement as everyone fought with each other in a large, brawling ball like I used to watch in animated cartoons.

Grinning a little, I slipped into the hallway and slowly closed the door behind me. I could hear yelling and shouting from inside and sent Casper, Yongseok, Sangmin, and Seyoung good luck wishes. Then I carefully made my way down the dimly lit hallway. The treatment room was on the other side. As I got closer, I could see the florescent lighting of the room shining through a crack in the door.

My eyes widened. She didn’t close the door all the way? I would think she’d be more careful…

I made my footsteps barely audible as I crept right up to the door. I squinted through the crack and I saw her. Her back was facing me and she was bent over a little. I looked around her and my mouth opened a little.

Wonho was sitting in the treatment chair. His wrists were bound to the armrests and he wasn’t moving. Ms. Kim was swinging a small white chain with a white ring in front of his face and he was completely focused on it.

I immediately wanted to rush in there and get him out.

“I’m very disappointed in you, Wonho.” Ms. Kim’s voice was very low. A shiver ran down my spine.

“I even let you become friends with Takuya. But I’m afraid you’re becoming too close. We need to make some changes.”

Through the pleasure I was feeling from her voice, I was also feeling anger.

Don’t you dare mess with his mind!

I begrudgingly pushed down my feelings of anger and proceeded to push the door open slowly.

“You will not think of Takuya as your friend. You will remain bonded only to me.”

I saw a small container of liquid sitting on a table close to the door. The label said “Caution: Sedative”. I moved into the room a little more and reached out my hand.

“You are completely aware that you are hypnotized and you can’t do anything about it.”

As I grabbed the small container, I glanced at Ms. Kim.

It is possible to hypnotize someone like that?

“You will remember all of my words and obey them. Do you understand?”

My heart sank a little watching Wonho’s head slowly nod.

I’ll get you out of this situation, okay? Just wait.

I watched him for a second more and slowly moved back into the hallway. As I walked back to Room 2, Ms. Kim’s words echoed through my mind.

You are completely aware that you’re hypnotized and you can’t do anything about it.

I stared ahead deep in thought. I’ve seen frustration in Wonho’s eyes even though they were always widened. His behavior is just like a mental patient in a mental hospital.

But…it is because Ms. Kim programed him to be like that?

I quickened my pace toward Room 2.