Chapter 12

I'm Fine

How could this be? How on Earth could Ms. Kim have a boyfriend and play with our feelings like this?

As we opened the door to the treatment room, I didn’t feel any love toward her. All I wanted to do was cause her as much pain as possible while waking her up out of her hypnotic-induced slumber.

Ms. Kim was stilling peacefully sleeping in the treatment chair. But there was someone in front of her.

I blinked in surprise.

“W-Wonho!”

The three behind me looked around my shoulders.

Wonho was looking down at Ms. Kim. I couldn’t see the expression on his face.

Then he slowly turned around. For the first time since I met him, he showed a clear emotion in his eyes.

Rage.

I was taken aback by it.

“Is that the other patient?” Sangmin asked quietly.

“Looks like it.” Casper nodded.

Wonho’s eyes remained glued to mine as he started to walk forward. His movements seemed unnatural, as if someone was dragging his feet.

I took a step back. “W-Wonho?”

In the next second, his hands were clasped around my throat and my back crashed against the hard floor. Discorded shouts rang in my ears and my eyes clamped shut. Wonho’s grip was very tight and my throat immediately started to burn with pain. I tried to speak but they only ended up sounding like dying chokes.

“Hey!!”

“What are you doing!?”

“Let him go!!”

My throat was pulled forward, causing me to choke harder. I felt other fingers pry at the tightly bond fingers around my neck.

Finally, the hands were released. I fell back against the floor coughing and touching my neck tenderly.

“Hold him! Hold him!”

“Takuya, are you okay?”

Hands wrapped under my arms and pulled me up so I could lean with my back against the wall. I slowly opened my eyes.

Casper and Sangmin were straddling Wonho across from me. Wonho’s gaze was still set on mine. The look of rage in his eyes didn’t go away. He fought with every amount of energy he could to come at me.

I felt very scared and betrayed. The first friend I made in this damned establishment just tried to kill me.

“What should we do with him?” Yongseok kept his hand on my shoulder, watching Wonho fearfully.

My mind was starting to clear. “H-he wouldn’t do something like that to me…the nurse must have told him to…”

Casper quickly picked up the medium-sized hammer from the ground close to him and whacked the back of Wonho’s head. He fell to the ground like a bag of cement.

My eyes widened and I stood up fast. “H-hey! Why did you do that!?” I ran to Wonho’s side quickly.

“What do you mean!? He was trying to kill you!” Casper stared at me.

“No…he wouldn’t…we made a promise!” I examined the back of Wonho’s head. There was a small circle of blood visibly getting bigger. “H-he’s bleeding!” I jerked my head up. “Go get the bandage gauzes from Room 2! Now!!”

Yongseok glanced at Casper and Sangmin before running down the hall.

I quickly ripped off of a piece of Wonho’s white long-sleeved shirt and started dabbing the bleeding area. The blood seeped onto the cloth instantly.

“Takuya, what about the nurse?” Casper said quietly.

I kept my gaze on Wonho for a second, then slowly looked at Casper.

“You and Sangmin go wake her up. Be as violent as you want.” I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

Casper and Sangmin nodded and picked up the small machine and medium-sized hammer. After they walked into the treatment room, I looked back down at Wonho and continued dabbing the wound on the back of his head.

Seconds later, Yongseok came running back down the hall with three rolls of gauze.

“This is all I found in the room.” He handed them to me and I quickly unrolled one of them.

“Good.” I quickly lifted Wonho’s head to wrap the gauze around his entire head. Then I gently pushed down on the wound so it would stop bleeding faster.

“Takuya, why did he attack you like that?” Yongseok asked quietly.

“…it must be another post-hypnotic suggestion the nurse put into his head.” I didn’t take my eyes off of Wonho. “First I heard her say to him to stop being my friend. After I grabbed the sedative and left, she must have told him to attack me or something.”

“You mean in case something happens to her?”

“That makes sense…” My eyes narrowed in anger.

“Why is she like this? First she takes all of us as prisoners, messes with our minds and feelings, and makes us kill each other. And she has a boyfriend!” Yongseok shook his head slowly.

“I hope Casper and Sangmin kill her accidentally. She doesn’t deserve to live.” My voice was bitter and low. I could slowly see the blood seeping through the gauze and started to unroll another one.

“But doesn’t she need to wake up? Didn’t you give her a post-hypnotic suggestion?”

After a second, I nodded slowly. “Yeah…I did.”

We heard a brief second of static from the treatment room followed by silence.

“Soon we can all go back to our normal lives. And we can get him to a medical hospital.” Yongseok said.

I nodded again.

We heard a louder sound of static and a small female yelp.

Yongseok looked at the door. “I think she’s awake.”

The door to the treatment room slowly opened.