Chapter 14

I'm Fine

After I helped Wonho get situated in the treatment chair, I slowly moved to the side of the florescent room. Ms. Kim closed the door and walked up to Wonho.

“Did you rest well, Wonho?” She asked softly, pulling out the white chain from her side pocket.

Wonho slowly raised his head and blinked slowly.

“You were injured pretty bad, but you should be fine very soon.” She let the white ring on the white chain dropped in front of his eyes.

His gaze slowly focused on the ring. He seemed too groggy to do anything else.

“Just relax. Don’t think about anything else.” Ms. Kim let the ring swing back and forth. Wonho leaned back slightly, following the ring with his eyes.

I watched him closely as his shoulders eventually relaxed and his eyelids lower.

“I have been a very bad nurse. I’ve trapped you in a mental state where your freedom of speech was hindered. But now…” A small smile formed on Ms. Kim’s face. “Nothing will change.”

My eyes widened as I looked at Ms. Kim. “What?!”

“You will continue following my suggestions and listen to no one else.”

I broke into a run and pushed Ms. Kim into the other side of the wall.

“What are you doing!?” I growled.

“Poor, naïve Takuya. Did you ever think you could hypnotize me?”

Pain erupted in my ankle and I cried in pain, stumbling backwards. Then my head was jerked to the side as a strong hand struck the side of my face.

I run this establishment. You will do what I say.”

I had fallen onto the ground and my head was spinning as I tried to find words to speak.

“W-what about…the others…?”

“I didn’t need them anyway. They aren’t as important to me as my special patient.”

Fingers tangled in my hair and I was pushed back. The back of my head hit the wall behind me and I cringed in pain.

“I thought you would become my second special patient. But you acted so rebelliously from the very beginning. I guess I should be more careful about who I choose to play with.”

“Y-you’re a witch.” I felt very dizzy and closed my eyes.

“Yeah. I guess I am. It sure is fun.” I heard her chuckle and my head was forced up. I opened my eyes to the intense expression on her face. I could feel my heart speeding up and my body relaxing…

“No!” I clamped my eyes shut instantly.

“I’m sorry you don’t want to cooperate. That will change very soon.” Her thumb nail started digging into my chin.

I gasped loudly. “Ow! Stop! That hurts!” I squirmed around weakly, still very dizzy.

“Look at me and I’ll stop.”

In many short seconds, the pain became too much. I let out a loud cry of pain and opened my eyes.

“Very good.” She cooed and my chin. It felt wet. It was probably bleeding.

“You…you monster…” My eyes were glued to her face. Her expression turned sweeter and had curled up in a nice smile. I blinked slowly as my breathing got slower and my body became more relaxed. Her smile was all I could see. Her brown eyes gave comfort to my dizzy mind. It was like watching a waterfall in the beginning of spring.

“Yes…but you love me, don’t you?” She chuckled and ran her fingers down the side of my face.

I shivered a little and took in a small breath. It was the most amazing thing I ever felt in my life. I wanted to do anything and everything she said.

“Perhaps you’ll be my second special patient after a—“

Suddenly her head jerked to the side and I heard a loud thump. My eyes widened as she fell to the floor next to me, dropping the white chain and ring.

Everything in front of me came into focus and I leaned back, breathing a bit unsteadily as my mind came back to me.

The back of her head was bleeding a little.

I slowly turned to the treatment chair.

Wonho was leaning on the treatment chair armrest as support with the medium-sized hammer in his hand. He was breathing calmly and staring down at Ms. Kim with an unreadable expression. Then his gaze turned to me.

“W-Wonho…” I breathed.

He didn’t respond. He didn’t let go of the hammer either.

I slowly stood up, using the wall as support.

“Are…are you okay?” I watched him carefully.

Wonho swayed back and forth a little and fell back into the treatment chair, letting the hammer fall to the ground with a loud clang.

“Wonho!” I quickly ran to his side and shook him. “Hey, are you hurt? Can you stand?”

His eyes blinked several times before closing slowly. His entire body relaxed and he didn’t move.

“H-hold on! I’ll go get help!” I quickly ran for the door and slammed it open.