Chapter 13

I'm Fine

“She’s awake.” Sangmin poked his head out and nodded at me and Yongseok.

I stood up and walked past him, into the room. Ms. Kim was moving very slowly and rubbing her face.

“Did that hurt?” I stared at her in disdain but with a small feeling of pleasure deep in my mind.

She slowly blinked and opened her eyes, meeting mine.

“T-Takuya…”

My heart sped up a little but I kept my face serious.

“You remember what I told you to do, right?”

She blinked several more times and then slowly nodded.

“Get on it. I’m tired of my heart speeding up whenever I see your face or hear your voice. The others are too.”

“O-of course…I’ll get right on it.” She stood up a bit shakily.

I looked at Sangmin. “You go first. It shouldn’t talk too long with you since you’re a newer patient.”

Sangmin nodded and willingly sat down in the treatment chair.

 

 

 

After about an hour, I was sitting in Room 2 at the tea table. Casper, Yongseok, and Sangmin were talking with each other. Seyoung was with Ms. Kim in the treatment room. Wonho was laying on one of the beds with many strips of gauze wrapped around his head. He was still unconscious.

My gaze constantly returned to his figure to see if he would wake up. I was really worried about him. I wasn’t even angry at him for attacking me earlier because I knew that was something he was forced to do.

Yongseok turned to me.

“Takuya, why did you save yourself for last? You helped us the most today, so you should have gotten your memories back first.”

I kept my gaze on Wonho for a couple more seconds, then turned my head down.

“I want to make sure everyone else gets their memories back before me…so in case something goes wrong…at least you all can go home freely.”

“Why would something go wrong?” Casper looked at me too.

“I mean, I don’t know much about hypnosis…but the way Ms. Kim woke up wasn’t natural. She was forced awake.”

“So?”

“So…wouldn’t the post-hypnotic suggestions I gave her not work?”

“I think you’re overthinking this.” Yongseok patted my arm.

“Yeah, man, relax. We feel normal now.” Sangmin shrugged.

I looked at them with a hint of envy and impatience in my eyes. I wanted to get out of my post-hypnotic mind too. I sighed and turned my gaze back to Wonho.

Then the door opened and we all turned to it.

“Seyoung!” Sangmin stood up along with Casper and Yongseok.

I turned around to look at him. He seemed shaken up. His eyes were a bit widened as he slowly closed the door behind him.

“Are you okay…?” Yongseok asked.

Seyoung looked at us and let out a small sigh.

“Y-yeah…I’m fine…I’m…excellent.” His head dropped a little as he rested his hands on the tea table.

We all gathered around him.

“Are you sure?” Casper asked.

“Are you crying?” Sangmin asked.

Seyoung slowly looked back at us. There were indeed tears in his eyes.

“I’m…so happy…” Seyoung collapsed in the chair next to mine and stared up at the ceiling, shaking a little.

“Why?” I looked at him carefully.

Seyoung looked at me and suddenly attacked me with a hug. After my last encounter with Wonho, I tensed up immediately and didn’t realize he was hugging me until seconds later.

“S-Seyoung?” I looked straight ahead wide-eyed and very nervous.

“Thank you.” He whispered. “You…you saved me…” He pulled away so we were meeting eyes. “You have no idea how much pain I was in…the things I was forced to keep from you…that wicked woman enchanted me so deeply that I thought I really was going to end up living in this mental institution!”

I relaxed a little. “D-don’t worry about it. Now you can live freely again.”

“Thank you so much!!” Seyoung pulled me back into a tight hug. I let out a rush of breath and gently hugged him back.

“Well, he’s in a good mood.” Casper smirked.

The door to Room 2 opened and Ms. Kim walked inside.

“Can someone help me carry Wonho to the treatment room?”

I immediately stood up. “I will.”

Ms. Kim smiled at me politely. “Thank you, Takuya.” She walked over to the side of Wonho’s bed and touched his shoulder gently.

“Wonho? Can you hear me?” She leaned in closer.

Wonho’s head moved an inch but his eyes didn’t open.

I moved to Ms. Kim’s side. “I’ll help you carry him now.”

“Thank you.” She nodded.

We worked together to pull Wonho out of the bed and out into the hallway while Seyoung went around hugging the other guys. I couldn’t help but grin a little watching him out of the corner of my eye.

“The poor thing. Whoever hit him, hit him hard. Head wounds can be very life-threatening if not treated properly.” Ms. Kim said as we made our way slowly down the dimly-lit hallway.

I glanced at Wonho’s face. It looked like he was starting to regain consciousness but didn’t make a sound.

“You’re gonna be okay.” I said quietly.

I heard a soft chuckle from Ms. Kim. “You really care for him, don’t you?”

“Well, yeah. He’s the first friend I ever made here.”

“How sweet.” There was a twinge of indifference in her voice. I glanced at her face. It was hard to read.

We continued down the hallway in silence until reaching the door to the treatment room.

“Takuya, I’m going to have to ask you to stay out here until I’m finished with Wonho.” Ms. Kim turned to me.

I met her gaze, despite the rush of adrenaline I felt. “I’m coming in with you.”

“In order for de-hypnosis to work, the patient must only look at the person who hypnotized them.”

“Then I’ll stay in the side of the room. He won’t see me.”

Ms. Kim’s mouth twitched a little. I think she grinded her teeth a little.

“…very well. But you must stay there until the process is complete.”

“Alright.” I nodded.

She opened the door to the treatment room and I helped her bring Wonho inside.