Chapter 1

I'm Fine

I woke up to the smell of ammonia and the clattering of something small on a nearby table. I tried to move my arms but they were securely attached to my waist. I blinked my eyes open and looked down. My arms were covered in long, white sleeves and I felt a knot pushed against my back. I couldn't move at all.

"He's finally awake."

I jerked my head up. A young man was sitting on a chair with his knees touching his chest. One of his hands was wrapped around his legs and the other was raised to his lips. He started ahead blankly, away from me.

I blinked. "W-where am I?"

"Hell." He responded without missing a beat. His fingers grazed his bottom lip.

"...okay...do you know the address?"

"Residential area 666."

I sighed a little. "I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am." He blinked several times.

I was annoyed, but I decided to ask another question. "What's your name?"

He didn't respond for a long time. Maybe he didn't hear me.

"What is your name?" I asked again.

"You don't remember."

"You mean you told me before?"

"I've told you three times."

"...You did?"

He nodded.

"I...I don't remember."

"I already said that."

I sighed. "I won't forget this time, can you tell me again?"

"It's pointless. You'll just forget it again."

"Do you know me well?" My voice raised a little.

He remained unfazed. "I know everything."

At that moment, the door to the white room opened and a tall, slender nurse walked into the room. Her dark brown hair was tied back nearly under her white nurse hat. I stared at her face and felt a strange feeling ran through my body. Why did she seem familiar? Had I seen her before?

She smiled at me. "Good morning. How are you feeling today?"

I opened my mouth but couldn't speak for a moment. "...Where am I?"

"That didn't answer my question. How are you feeling today?"

"...I'm fine." I lied. I was very confused and a little intimidated by her demeanor. She was smiling but she seemed really dangerous for some reason.

"Excellent. Glad to hear it. Good morning Wonho." She approached the other guy's side and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. He continued staring straight ahead and started to shake a little.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked the nurse quietly.

"Nothing. He's perfectly fine." She smiled and patted his shoulder.

Wonho blinked and started to pick at the skin on his lips.

"Are you sure?" I gave the nurse a skeptical look.

"Sir, everyone in this facility is perfectly fine. Some are just more sensitive than others." She gently pulled Wonho's hand away from his mouth. "Remember what happened last time you did that? You were hurting a lot. Let's not do that." She patted his back and straightened up.

I smiled a little. This nurse didn't seem as scary as I though. "What is your name?" I asked.

"You can call me Ms. Kim." She smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Kim." I bowed my head politely.

She chuckled. "We're so polite today. How charming."

"Can you take these sleeves off of me?"

"In a few more minutes."

"Why am I tied up like this?"

"You had a long night. Just relax now and we'll get you untied in about five minutes, okay?"

I nodded slowly.

"I need to check on the other patients. You two get along, okay?" She waved and left the room, closing the door behind her.

I stared at the closed door for several seconds. I definitely have seen that woman before...but where...?

"You're an idiot."

I glanced at Wonho. He was rubbing and scratching his shoulder. "What?"

"I'm sorry, that was rude. But it's not your fault that you're an idiot."

"Why are you saying this?"

"She's the devil. Can't you tell?"

"Wha--"

"Why do you think you are tied up like that?"

I slowly looked down at my tied arms. Then I realized that white sleeves are usually worn by people in...

I slowly look up. "...I'm in an insane asylum?"

"Bingo." Wonho gave me a thumbs up and went back to rubbing and scratching his shoulder. His expression remained blank this entire time.