CHAPTER 4

It's Alright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took a walk outside trying to hold back this frustration, I feel so angry. Even the skies are enraged, it looks like a storm's coming. I heard thunders, and any minute by now it will start raining. I don’t want to go back, I don’t think I can sit there with everyone looking like this. I walked through the streets, passing through people who seems to be staring at me. Why are they looking? I wrapped myself with my button up shirt, with eyes staring at the concrete below my feet, I just wanted to walk, but I don’t know were. I just want to relieve this tension. I’m probably a few blocks away from the restaurant.

Right about then, I heard my phone ringing. I took it out to see a call from Krystal, before I could answer, the ringing stopped. Should I call back? Again it rang, it was from Chanyeol. I quickly answered, “Noona, where are you?” It was my brother one the line.

I cleared my throat, “Oh…” what should I say? “I—I don’t think my stomach is feeling good. I think I have diarrhea.” Who would not believe that excuse?

“Really? Should I buy medicine on my way home?” he asked.

“I already bought some.” I said.

“Oh, get home safe.”

The call ended, here I was back again. I should probably really go home before it starts raining. But something isn’t right, I left my purse back there. Damn I’m so stupid! I checked my pockets and saw that I have enough money for the bus. But I don’t even know how to get home from here. Aish! Nothing’s going right. I walked towards the corner, searching my phone for routes to get home. I need to take 2 buses but the closes bus is still 10 blocks away.

Bad luck struck me in an instant. Nothing’s going right, it only got worse when I felt droplets of water on my arms. It’s raining, and it’s coming down really strong. In an instant I felt like I was in the shower. People started running through the rain, I should probably do the same too. I quickly ran, 10 blocks won’t be too difficult, nothing can get worse than how I feel today.

The rain got worst, thunders didn’t stop, the sideway made deep puddles. People avoided the rain, but I just wanted to go home and get a good hot shower soon. I bumped into a few people a couple of times because my vision became blurry. “Sorry.” I said, but right about then I heard loud horns and thunders crashing.

I just entered a 4 way intersection in the highway, how did I get here? Flashing lights from cars and right in front of me was a silver Sedan coming towards my direction. It’s speed at least 40 miles per hour, and for the first time, I felt my whole world stop. My body froze on the spot. Images of my parents, my brother, my friends, the band and Jaejoong came into my mind. I love you guys…

It went silent… My body suddenly felt being dragged by an overwhelming strength. I felt it twisting and crashing towards a figure under the rain. My eyes were shut close, “ARE YOU CRAZY!” an ear-piercing voice made my whole body stiffen, I opened them and right there it was Jaejoong holding me in his arms. He grabs both of my shoulders and I saw how furious his face looked while rain dropped over our heads along with his eyes flaring deeply towards me. “ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF!?” he’s screaming like a lunatic. “YOU ALMOST DIED!” why don’t I feel scared? I’ve never seen him like this but for some reason I’m really glad. “YAH! SAY SOMETHING YOU CRAZY GIRL!”

“I’m sorry…” it was the only words that uttered from my mouth. I wanted to cry so I did… After holding it back for so long, it finally streamed down my face. My tears were warmer than the water dripping on my head, I’m really crying for the first time in years.

I felt his breath on my face and unexpectedly he curled his arms around my body. I felt myself loosen in his hold. My face was buried on his chest and his scent intoxicated me. His warm body embraced my whole being and I heard his heart pounding rapidly on his chest, it makes me think that that it’s beating only for me. “You scared me… you really scared me you crazy girl.” I felt him tightening his grasp around my body. “I thought I was going to lose you right there.”

My body felt warmer than it can ever be, “Sorry…” I really love this guy… I don’t think I can be without him… I hope he’d hold me like this longer.

-

Rain still poured down, the after effect of that life threatening moment was like having my whole body go through bungee jumping from Namsan tower. It it wasn't for him, I'd be in the hospital going through a critical stage. I wouldn't be able to live the life I've been working hard for. But then this weather only got worst, why were we not alerted of this sudden hurricane hitting Korea? We had no choice but to stop by this motel nearby. There were no cabs around and Jaejoong's car was still left around the restaurant which was blocks away. It is really unsafe to be outside at this time, the winds became stronger, the rain and the thunder doesn’t seem like it will slow down anytime soon..

I’m here drying myself and watching the news on the TV, this storm seems quick and it might end around 11pm. “The guys made it home, you’re brother’s going to stay over at Chanyeol’s house for the night.” Jaejoong said after ending the call with Chanyeol. “Did you call your parents?” he asked.

“Yeah, they’re really worried. I told them I’m with you.” I told my parents everything, but without adding the time when I almost died. I’m sure they must be really worried about staying in this motel with Jaejoong for the night. Even though they treat him like their own son, it’s still not cool to know the fact their daughter is alone with a grown male inside a motel room. But I’m pretty sure they trust him to that point to keep me safe.

“I’ll take you home right away when this storm is over.” He said looking out the window, “It’s so weird, the skies were clear this morning.” He added, his shirt is still soaking wet from the rain, mine is too.

“Global warming I guess…” I said, I want to take a shower and get a hot cup of chocolate right now. “By the way, how did you know I was there?” I asked.

He bit his lip, “I don’t know, your brother said that you went home. But you left your bag and I got worried. I heard that there was a storm coming so I just went to look for you. Then there you were.”

This guy makes my whole body melt, I felt the urge to tell him that I like him but then I figured that there will never be a right moment to say it. I’ll take advantage of every moment I’ll have with him from now on.

Meanwhile, we heard a knock on the door. Jaejoong went to get it, and the ajumma who worked in this motel had fresh clothes. Jaejoong had to pay extra for room service. “These are just some sauna clothes from downstairs and here’s some ramen and side dishes I got you kids.” She said handing them over. She seems nice.

“Thank you!” we both said.

I grabbed the stuff to be put aside, “Aigo, I hope this weather gets better. Just thinking of my granddaughter out there in the rain makes me really worried.” She added before leaving, I got up to pour some hot water inside the cups and make tea.

All of a sudden I felt a towel over my head, “Take a shower, I’ll go after.” He said.

I nodded, “I’ll be quick.” I held the towel and went inside the bathroom. While taking a warm shower I remembered all that had happened today. My energy’s totally drained. Should I explain to Jaejoong? I wore  on the sauna clothing and headed out the bathroom. Jaejoong was drinking tea while watching the news.

He saw me and then grabs the towel and his clothes. He headed to the shower right away. I checked out the whole room and this awkward feeling being in this unknown place with Jaejoong makes m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter