CHAPTER 3

It's Alright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday finally came, we’re heading the company together. Jaejoong’s driving us on his brand new blue Hyundai Tucson. He was able to buy it with his saved money and from the earnings that the band made. It was like our little family car. I sat beside him on the right passenger’s seat while we looked at the schedule planned for us this week. “Guys we have 2 performances this week, on Thursday and Friday for a Charity event in Kyungnam Hospital around 7pm.” I told them.

“I guess I’ll take cram school on Saturday then.” Chanyeol says while playing a game on his phone.

“I’m cool with that.” Sanghyun said.

“How about we go get something to eat for dinner after we visit the company?” Jaejoong insisted.

I turned to look at him, he must have a lot of money right now after suggesting dinner out. “Alright, you pay.” I said.

“What? Yah, do I look rich to you?”

“We can just eat at home, why spend money on restaurants.” I said.

“Really? I know you want to get bulgogi. We can go on that same place we went to before. I don’t think it’s that expensive.” He continued.

I sighed, “Okay…”

“Noona! I don’t have money so you pay for me.” Sanghyun grabbed on to my seat.

“I don’t have money.” I said.

“You’re lying! I saw your bank book and your wallet.”

“Yah! You looked at my stuff?”

“You’ve been saving a lot of money I know! You don’t even spend on anything for yourself these days.”

I was shocked to hear it, “I can’t save money now?” I had to cover it up. I had bigger plans for those savings. “Alright! I’ll buy for you today.”

“By the way guys, I heard that they hired a new President.” Krystal says, “It’s been a week, and I think they’re going to ask us to do a demo.”

A new president, the last one left for the US branch. The president does not really deal with our band affairs, it’s usually our manager and our director taking care of us. “Let’s do well on this guys.” Jaejoong says.

-

As soon as we got to the company, we were asked to record a demo. While the others where in the studio I had to visit the bathroom first. As I was walking through the hallway, I had my eyes on my phone checking Instagram again. “Please come to Busan!” comments from people inviting us to go to different towns kept coming. This is great, I looked up and then from across the hallway I saw an unfamiliar face. And oh dear, doesn’t he look hot? From head to toe he had a model’s figure. I think he’s probably a rookie actor or a model in this company. Our eyes met, he stared at me with those beaming dark marble eyes. Then blood rushed through my head quickly. This is embarrassing. He had a long pointy nose, a small face, and his eye brows were totally on point. Gosh… I’m such a creep. I felt my cheeks flushed red, I quickly looked away. Darn, I hate pretty boys.  His ears stuck out but it didn’t matter, it still looked… cool? However, he had an intimidating poker face.

Just when I was to make a right on the hallway, he also did too. I felt even more embarrassed, are we going on the same direction? We walked side by side until both of us stopped in front of the recording studio. Why did he stop?

I opened the door and I turned around to see that he’s still there, who is he? As soon as we opened the door, our director Jung Yunho and our manager Lee Kwangsoo was inside. “President!” Kwangsoo oppa greeted the man behind me. He rushed towards us, he quickly shook his hand. I was totally bewildered. Is he the president? But he’s so young.

I quickly bowed down to everyone acting like I wasn’t totally embarrassed at all. Omaigash! Could he have noticed what I did? “Is everyone ready?” President Lee asked while turning his attention towards me again. It also seemed like he was directing it towards me.

“Ah, yes. This is—“ Kwangsoo oppa was about to introduce me.

“Yes, Park Sandara. Or Dara, it’s what they call you.” He says, and his voice is totally y.Deep and sharp, I swallowed my saliva I stared at his mouth then to his eyes. How can he be so attractive? “Let’s get going, let’s do introductions later.” He said, I quickly rushed inside the studio with the others. I did not bother to look back but I felt like his eyes were on me the whole time.

Everyone was set to play, I held my guitar and did a check up on everyone. “1,2,3 GO” Krystal says and starts hitting the drums. Our song came on, everyone played their part well as we were being observed by everyone on the other room. I looked towards Jaejoong while he sang, he seems pretty energetic today. 3 minutes had passed and our song finished up. I laid my hand down taking a deep breath.

“Alright, you worked hard.” Yunho says over the speakers, we headed to the other room to hear the results from our performance. I followed behind Jaejoong while the rest came along too. The president still stood there, he had his hands in his pocket while he thought deeply. His thinking posture is really y too. I feel guilt now…

“The song came out good, however, I could barely hear the vocalist. The lyrics where pretty good, lessen the repetition of the chorus and I think some backup vocals from the girls will also do.” The president says, I turned towards Jaejoong who seemed to be bothered by the comment. We all nodded our heads, “Also, I’d like to have a meeting with all of you guys discussing your contracts.” The added.

“Our contracts?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes, just to finalized everything.” What could this be about? I looked at our manager, he seems to know what’s going on. “I’ll see you all in 30 minutes.” He said leaving the studio.

Wow… from the way he talked, and the way he displayed himself showed that he had this imperious and dominating vibe. I really dislike those kinds of men, but why do I find him an exception. “Hyung, what was he talking about?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oh, it’s about the dorms. I thought you guys did not need to. The last president said it was an option.” Kwangsoo oppa said.

Right about then Yunho oppa inserted, “Consider it a good thing. You’ll hear the rest from the president.” He said.

-

As soon as we all gathered in the meeting room, I sat between Sanghyun and Krystal. I peeked towards Jaejoong to see that he was talking to Chanyeol. They seemed to be whispering about something. Kwangsoo and Yunho oppa sat across from us. Right about then the President came in. “Hello again, I wasn’t able to introduce myself earlier. I’m Lee Soohyuk, and I’ll be taking over President Yoo.” He said, he had this intimidating vibe. He’s like someone I should really take seriously. “We’re going to discuss your contracts, I reviewed everything but there are a few things that didn’t go quite well. This band hasn’t really gone thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter