Confused

Love After Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Park Shin Hye got back to her senses, she found herself standing at the hospital lobby, looking mindlessly around the familiar place. She wasn’t too sure how she managed to bring herself out from her father’s room but after the visit, she felt regret creeping up on her. She should harden her heart and just stay at home to celebrate Yeo Jin’s birthday. She should just ignore the call and only come to see him tomorrow morning. In fact, she shouldn’t have come.

“Eomma…”

“Shin Hye…”

Those voices… those familiar voices…

Shin Hye glanced around to search for the direction where the voices came from, and a smile slowly curled onto her lips the moment she saw Yeo Jin and Yuri running towards her. But the smile doesn’t stay for long when she saw a tall and familiar figure followed behind them.

Min Ho…

He is here. He didn’t lie. He… he really came back.

“The man that you love is not as simple as you think. He doesn’t dare to revolt in the past because I’m still the minister and his company still needs me. But once I retired, the whole situation will be different. When I’m no longer be useful anymore, keeping you by his side will not be necessary anymore.”

Each and every single word that her father said to her just now suddenly came rushing back to her mind. What does he mean about ‘the man that she love is not as simple as she think’? She knows her father didn’t tell her everything. There is other meaning behind those words that she doesn’t understand.

“Eomma…”

Shin Hye quickly tear her eyes away from Min Ho and glanced down at her daughter. She smiled again and held her tiny hand. “What are you doing here? I asked you to wait for me at home.”

“Yeo Jin is very worried about eomma.” She said pitifully.

Shin Hye lifted her other hand and gently Yeon Jin’s soft hair. “Don’t worry. Eomma is okay.”

“How’s harabeoji?” Yeo Jin asked, looking at her mother with her big and curious eyes. “Can Yeo Jin go in to see him?”

There was a brief moment of silence before Shin Hye let out a faint smile and shook her head. “Harabeoji has just taken his medicine. And it’s very late now. Harabeoji need to rest. Eomma will bring Yeo Jin to see him when… when harabeoji is feeling better. Okay?”

“Eo…” Yeo Jin nodded her head obediently. “Yeo Jin hopes harabeoji can feel better and recover soon.”

Shin Hye sighed softly before letting out another weak smile.

Yuri took a step closer to Shin Hye and gave her arm a soft touch. “What did Doctor Yoo say? Is everything okay?”

Shin Hye nodded. “It’s a TIA. Have to be very careful in the future to prevent a . But not too serious though.” In fact, he still has so much strength to manipulate her life.

“It’s good to hear that.” Yuri smiled before stealing a glance at Min Ho and the smile on her face disappeared instantly. She then moved closer to Shin Hye and whispered very softly into her ear. “Your husband is very bad-mannered.”

Shin Hye raised her brows as her eyes naturally shifted to the man, who was now standing about three feet away from her. He was very quiet since he came. He didn’t say anything and just stared at her, studying all her little expressions in detail.

“W-What did he do?” Shin Hye bit her lip and turned to her best friend.

Yuri shoot a quick glare at Min Ho before looking back at Shin Hye with her lips pouted. “I almost fell down when I was chasing him in the basement at your apartment. I wonder how long his damn legs is. How can he walk in lightning speed?” She complained.

Min Ho rolled his eyes and smirked sarcastically. “Are you sure the one with bad manner is not you? You are talking bad about me right in front of my face.”

“Wae?” Yuri stared at him with a challenging gaze. “Do you dare to deny everything I said is not true? Who is the one who threatened and raised his voice at me just now? Who is the one who rushed to the basement without waiting for me? Can’t you be more gentleman and considerate?” She paused and pointed at her leg. “I’m wearing 3 inches high heels. How can you make a girl to chase after you with heels?”

“I didn’t ask you to follow.” Min Ho crossed his arms over his chest, staring at her coldly. “You can take a taxi to go home. Nobody ask you to tag along.”

“Yah, Lee Min Ho!” Yuri screamed.

“Yuri…” Shin Hye grabbed her hand tightly, stopping her to lunge over to Min Ho. She glanced around and smiled apologetically to several passers-by who were staring at them. “We are in the hospital.” She reminded her best friend, trying to calm her by her back soothingly.

Yuri turned to Shin Hye and glared at her. “Park Shin Hye, are you siding him?”

“No.” Shin Hye said helplessly. “I apologize on his behalf, okay? I’m sorry.”

Sorry?

Min Ho averted his gaze to Shin Hye and clenched his jaw. The annoyance level in him was rising by the way Shin Hye gave in to her friend. This woman is hopeless. How can she let a friend to bully her and still smiling? What is wrong of her siding him? He is her husband. If there were anyone in this world who can bully her, that person would only be him.

With his patience ran thin, he couldn’t control his anger anymore. He lifted his long hand to grab Shin Hye’s wrist and pulled her over to him together with Yeo Jin. He then took a step forward, using his tall figure to block in between them.   

“Yah…” Yuri’s eyes daggered at Min Ho murderously. “You…”

“Yuri…” Shin Hye quickly cut her off before she said something that would worsen the situation. She understands both of them. Yuri is outgoing and friendly, but she is very bad tempered too. usually acts before her brain. As for Min Ho, although this is the first time she saw both him and Yuri together, but just looking at the way he stared at her, Shin Hye knows Yuri definitely not the type of girl that he will be gentle with.

Yeo Jin glanced at them as she pulled her hand away from her mother before she walked to Yuri and held her hand. She looked up and let out a very sweet smile. “Aunty Yuri, don’t be angry with appa, eo?” It’s not easy for Yeo Jin to see her father. She doesn’t want any one of them to be unhappy and destroy her special day.

Looking at Yeo Jin’s adorable face, Yuri couldn’t bring herself to be angry anymore. She inhaled a very deep breath before she forced herself to smile. “I’m not angry. I’m just… hungry.” She lied with another fake smile.

Min Ho chuckled sarcastically as he turned to look away. This woman is unbelievable.

“Yeo Jin is hungry too. I have a very big birthday cake at home. Yeo Jin will let Aunty Yuri to eat a very big piece.” She said in a sweet tone.

“Chincha? Aunty Yuri can really share your birthday cake together?” Yuri asked again, stealing a sideway glance at Min Ho.

Shin Hye and Yeo Jin quickly nodded their heads together. “Of course you…”

“Of course Yuri-sshi wouldn’t be interested to come home with us.” Before Shin Hye could complete her sentence, Min Ho was faster and cut her off. His eyes were staring at Yuri, an inward smile curled onto his lips. “Today is Yeo Jin’s birthday and it’s very late now.” He paused and shifted his gaze to Shin Hye. “I’m sure your ‘best friend’ wouldn’t want to interrupt our family time together.”

Interrupt? 

Yuri sank her teeth into her bottom lip, trying very hard to calm herself down. From the beginning, she was only helping Shin Hye to take care of Yeo Jin and didn’t plan to disturb their family time. But she hate seeing this arrogant man and wanted to keep irritates him. 

A difficult expression etched across Shin Hye’s face as she looked at both of these childish adults and felt helpless. After the heated conversation she had with her father just now, she is now both physically and emotionally exhausted. At this moment, she just hopes to spend the remaining few hours with her birthday daughter happily.

Yuri tore her eyes away from the annoying man before looking back at Shin Hye, who looked torn between them. She heaved another deep sigh. No matter how much she dislikes Lee Min Ho, she understands that now is not the right time to create problem. There is no reason to deny that Lee Min Ho is a jerk, but since her best friend love him so much, she will try her best to accept it.

“It’s okay.” Yuri looked at Shin Hye. “I think I’ll just go home. It’s late now and I have early shift tomorrow.”

“I’m so sorry to disturb your rest time. Kaja, I’ll send you home.” Shin Hye said, but before she could move, the grip around her wrist tightened. She turned to Min Ho and looked at him in confusion.

“Give her your key and let her take your car. You will come with me.” He said coldly. It was an instruction and not a question.

“What?” Shin Hye looked surprised. “But… I have to work tomorrow. I need to drive…”

“I’ll send you.” Min Ho cut her off.

Shin Hye and Yuri both parted their lips in a small ‘O’. Send her? Did they heard it wrongly? In the past seven years, he has never send her to anywhere before. And now, he is offering to send her to the hospital. Is the sun going to rise in the west and set in the east tomorrow?

When Shin Hye continued to look at Min Ho with a surprise expression without replying him, Min Ho felt frustrated. He let go of her hand and reached out to open her bag that was hanging on her shoulder. He searched inside the bag and took her car key out before turning to Yuri and handed the key to her.

Yuri took the key from him, still dumbfounded by the whole situation. And when she got back to her senses, Min Ho has already pulled Shin Hye and Yeo Jin away, walking towards the main entrance together with him.

“Y-Yah…” Yuri raised her voice. “Shin Hye… where did you park your car?”

Shin Hye quickly turned around and looked at her best friend apologetically. “In the staff car park basement.”

Yuri let out an exaggerated sigh, watching them slowly disappeared from her sight.

 

Min Ho leaned over to scoop Yeo Jin into his arms when they were near to his car in the parking lot. Shin Hye followed closely behind him as she quickened her pace to match his long legs.

“Give Yeo Jin to me.” She spoke softly when she saw Min Ho reached out to open the back door of the passenger seat. “I’ll sit at the back with her. She can’t sit alone at the back. She still need a baby car seat at her age. ”

Min Ho turned over to look at her. “Who tell you I don’t have one in my car?”

Another surprise expression etched across Shin Hye’s face as she tried to peek into his car through the car window. He was right. There is a baby car seat on the passenger seat behind. But… how come he has one in his car? If she remember correctly, he has never take Yeo Jin in his car before. Perhaps… the car seat was prepared for… Dae Hyun?

Ignoring Shin Hye’s weird expression that he doesn’t understand and doesn’t want to waste time to understand, he opened the door and gently put Yeo Jin into the pink baby car seat. He pull the seatbelt on the baby seat and carefully fastened it for his daughter. He then looked up at Yeo Jin and smiled to see her adorable face. This baby car seat is indeed perfect for her. He purposely bought one few days ago, and thought it would be more convenient to have one in his car if he happen to send her anywhere. Pink colour suits girl the most.

“Close your eyes and take a short nap. Appa will wake you up when we reach home.” He said as he leaned forward and planted a kiss on her chubby cheek.

Yeo Jin nodded with a sweet smile before she obediently closed her eyes.

Min Ho closed the door and turned to face Shin Hye, who was still standing there looking at him. He could sense something is wrong with her. The moment when he first saw her in the hospital lobby just now, her eyes were red and swollen. Did she cry? If yes, then why? Was it because she is worried about her father or… did she has a fight with him? He wanted to ask but looking at her ghostly pale face, he couldn’t bring himself to push her further. And moreover, here is not a right place to talk. There is only two hours left before Yeo Jin’s birthday over. They have to rush back and cut her birthday cake.

Without saying anything, Min Ho held her hand and pulled her over to the front passenger seat. He opened the door for her and after she got into the car, he leaned over and helped her to fasten her seatbelt.

Shin Hye gasped at their sudden closeness and stopped breathing altogether when he turned to look at her. Their face was only centimetres away and could clearly feel each other’s breath fanning against them.

Min Ho’s eyes slowly dropped down to her lips and let out a small smile before looking back to her eyes again. “Breathe.”

Shin Hye raised her brows in confusion while trying to understand what he was talking about. Breathe? Ah… breathe. She hadn’t realized she had been holding her breath. Her face reddened instantly as she quickly looked away to hide her blushing face.

The smile on Min Ho’s face deepened upon seeing her cute reaction. He suddenly feel that teasing her can be very fun. Knowing that he was the reason of her blushing, it heightened his mood. He couldn’t describe his feeling when he received Yeo Jin’s call at the airport just now. His heart felt tightened and difficult to breathe at that moment. But when he finally saw her in the hospital and she was okay, he felt so much better.

Min Ho pulled himself out from the car before closing the door and walked to the driver seat and gets into the car again. The journey back home was quiet, both Min Ho and Shin Hye thought Yeo Jin was asleep and didn’t want to wake her up. But in fact, Yeo Jin wasn’t sleeping. She was pretending to sleep and opened her eyes to peek once in a while. A lovely smile spread across her face looking at her parents, who was sitting right in front of her. This was the first time the three of them sitting in the same car and her father is driving. She always felt envious when she saw her kindergarten friends coming to school with their parents together. And now, her dream finally come true on her birthday.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

After about twenty minutes, they finally reached home. As they walked into the living room, Shin Hye looked at Min Ho and Yeo Jin. “Give me ten minutes. I’ll heat the food up and then we can have our dinner.”

Min Ho didn’t reply her and just nodded his head. He held Yeo Jin’s hand and looked at his daughter with a warm smile after Shin Hye went into the kitchen. “Appa will help you to clean up and change your clothes, okay?”

“Ah…” Yeo Jin’s eyes glistened with delight, as if something happy crossed her tiny little head. “Appa… I have a present for you.”

Min Ho raised his brows. “Present?” He remembered Shin Hye told him about it in her text message when he was stuck in the airport hours ago. But why bought him a present? It was her birthday, not his. “You bought a present for appa?”

Yeo Jin nodded before she let out a mischievous smile. “Yeo Jin bought but eomma pay for it.”

Min Ho laughed and pinched her chubby cheek playfully.

“Let’s go, appa.” Yeo Jin grabbed her father’s large hand and pulled him to her room together.

 

Ten minutes has passed when Shin Hye came out from the kitchen and placed all the heated foods on the dining table. She then walked to the living room, but didn’t see them there. “Oppa… Yeo Jin… the dinner is ready.”

“Okay. We are coming.” Yeo Jin’s voice was heard before she and Min Ho stepped out from her room.

“What are you guys doing in the room? The dinner…” Shin Hye stopped at mid-sentence, the remaining words got stuck in the moment she saw the T-shirts they were wearing. Her eyes locked at the words ‘Papa Bear’ on Min Ho’s chest as she bit her lower lip hard, trying to supress a smile on her face. Except from seeing him in his pyjamas when he came home once in a while, this is the first time she saw him in casual clothing. He looked… young, reminding her the time when they first met.

“Hmmm… the dinner is ready.” She said, a faint laugh laced in her voice.

“Eomma…” Yeo Jin let go of her father’s hand and ran to her mother. “Quickly go to my room and change to this T-shirt. We have to wear it together. Palli… we will wait for you at the dining room.”

“Ah? I have to change too? Can I change later?” Shin Hye looked at Yeo Jin with a playful pleading gaze.

“No!” Yeo Jin said firmly. “We have to wear it together. Today is Yeo Jin’s birthday. Yeo Jin’s word is a command.”

Min Ho and Shin Hye laughed together as their eyes locked at each other at the same time. How long has it been since the last time he was at home with them like this? She couldn’t remember, or perhaps… it never happen before.

Tearing her eyes away from his intense gaze, Shin Hye smiled at Yeo Jin. “Okay. Eomma will go to change now.” She paused and looked back at Min Ho. “You guys eat first.” And without waiting for him to response, she quickly walked passed him and entered Yeo Jin’s room.

After five minutes, she came out with the ‘Mama Bear’ T-shirt on as she made her way to the dining room to join them. Yeo Jin was sitting beside Min Ho and she took a seat in front of Yeo Jin. He looked up at the shirt she was wearing, his lips curled up slightly.

“You must be very hungry. This is your favourite dish. Eat more.” Shin Hye said as she took some meat and vegetable, and put it into Yeo Jin’s bowl.

“Thank you, eomma.” Yeo Jin smiled, but instead of continue eating, she took a piece of meat from the plate and put it into Min Ho’s bowl too. “Appa, try this. It’s yummy.”

Min Ho smiled as he put the meat into his mouth and try. “Hmmm… Yeo Jin is right. It’s very yummy.” He chewed and slowly turned to look at Shin Hye. “I didn’t know you could cook so well.”

There are a lot of things you didn’t know about me, Shin Hye thought silently. But she didn’t say it out loud. “Years of practice I guess.” She continued to eat without looking at him. “To become a capable mother, cooking skill is very important. I need to feed my child and make sure she won’t be hungry.”

Min Ho swallowed the food in his mouth and stared at her with his gaze narrowed. “Why does it sound like… you are complaining about me? Are you hinting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter