Complicated Misunderstanding

Love After Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 years later…

Present day...

 

“Coffee?”

Park Shin Hye turned around and saw Yuri smiling at her when her voice broke into her deep thoughts. She returned the smile as she moved slightly to the side and let her best friend to take a seat beside her on the bench in the hospital’s garden. Both of them were on morning shift today and will only start work at 9am. They still have thirty minutes before they need to get to work.

“Thank you.” Shin Hye took the cup from Yuri after she sat down on the bench.

Yuri watched Shin Hye taking a small sip of her coffee as her gaze travelled from her face slowly down to her buttoned-up blouse. She looked tired, the dark circles under her eyes was an obvious evidence of her lack of sleep. But what caught Yuri’s attention the most was her blouse. Her eyes narrowed sceptically as she continued to stare at Shin Hye’s blouse that was buttoned up until her collar, covering her neck. This is not the first time she saw her wearing the same blouse. She usually leave the first three buttons opened. But today…

“You look… tired.” Yuri asked cautiously. “Not enough sleep?”

Shin Hye turned to look at her, taken aback by the sudden question. “Y-Yes. I… I was doing some research last night on… on a new case.”

“Research…” Yuri repeated the word as her lips curled up in a smirk. Shin Hye’s trembling voice has already proved that she was lying. As curiosity continue eating her up, she couldn’t control herself anymore. Putting her cup on the empty space on their bench, without Shin Hye noticing it, she moved closer to her and quickly undid the first three buttons of her blouse.

“Yah…” Shin Hye shouted and wanted to stop her, but too late. Yuri already pulled her collar aside, revealing her skin.

“Omo…” Yuri’s eyes widened instantly as her lips parted in a big ‘O’. Although this is also not the first time she saw something like that, but every time when she saw it, she still couldn’t help but feel shocked. And this time is definitely the most serious one ever.

Kiss marks… love bites… hickeys… or whatever they call it. They were all over her neck, and a few on her collarbone, ravishing every inch of her smooth and pale skin.

Shin Hye quickly pulled her collar together and buttoned the blouse up when Yuri’s hands loosened and fell down. She glanced around the garden and felt relieved that no one is around there. Turning back to face Yuri, she glared at her. “What is wrong with you?”

It took Yuri a few seconds to get back to her senses and slowly looked up at Shin Hye. “Daebak, Park Shin Hye. He break the record again.” She stared at her, amazed. “Did your husband went home last night?”

Heaving a deep breath, Shin Hye looked away with her face reddened before she slowly nodded her head.

“Are you sure that Lee Min Ho doesn’t have a multiple-personalities disorder?” Yuri asked, still don’t understand how could a man who treated Shin Hye so coldly and inattentively would be so aggressive to her at night. The kiss marks showed how much this man wanted this woman and how possessive he was towards her. “If not, then how can he be a totally different person at night?”

“I wish someone could tell me too.” Shin Hye said helplessly. “But I’m sure it’s just a… physical needs and I’m the most convenient and legal person who can help him to release it.”

“Don’t say like that about yourself.” Yuri scolded her. She doesn’t like the way she described herself like she is just a… tool. “This is very strange if you ask me. Are you sure he really have no feeling for you at all?” She asked again. “It doesn’t seems like it looking at those marks on you. How can it be possible for a man to be so… needy and couldn’t control himself if he doesn’t feel anything for that woman? If it’s just for the sake of release and satisfied his body, he doesn’t need to do any… , right?”

Shin Hye breathed deeply as she held her gaze low. “Hickey is just something that… anyone would do it when the mood is right, when two people are getting hot and heavy. People just got distracted of the moment and doesn’t pay attention to how hard they may be kissing or being kissed.” Taking another deep breath, she looked at Yuri again. “It doesn’t mean anything.”

“Are you sure?” Yuri disagreed. “Don’t be so ‘doctor’ and use your rationale thought on this kind of thing. It seems more like… marking his territory to me.” She paused as she smiled mischievously and leaned closer, wrapping her hand around Shin Hye’s shoulders. “If you are so sure that the doesn’t involve any romantic feelings, then there are only two reasons that could explain his behaviour.” She said, looking at her. “One, he is a maniac. Or two, you are too tempting and he just couldn’t get his hands off of you whenever he went home.”

“Yah!” Shin Hye pulled Yuri’s hand away and glared at her. “Stop joking. This is not funny.”

Yuri laughed loudly before she whispered softly in her ear. “Was it good? You look very tired.”

Shin Hye felt her face flush with heat, blood rushing to her cheeks as the memory of last night replayed in her mind.

“But seriously, don’t you think this time is a little too much?” Yuri spoke again when she didn’t get a response from Shin Hye. She took a quick glance at her neck and smirked. If not because Shin Hye buttoned up all the buttons of her blouse, everyone will see the kiss marks all over her neck down to her collarbone. “Did you do anything that upset him?”

Yuri’s words caught Shin Hye’s attention. Her friend was right. Last night was… different. Although he doesn’t love her but he was always gentle when they were doing that… ‘adult activity’. But last night, he was… aggressive, too aggressive and a bit… rough. She could still endure when he just started, but after a few hours, when it doesn’t seem like he want to stop, she started to beg him. His energy was too strong last night. It keeps going and going, and he only stopped around dawn when she almost lost her consciousness.

Did you do anything that upset him?

Yuri might be right. It felt more like a punishment than a physical need. But… what did she do?

~~~~~

“Oppa…” Shin Hye moaned as her fingers gripped Min Ho’s biceps and her other hand fisted the silk sheet beneath her heated skin. “Please… please… slower…” She breathed as strong sensations flooding her body.  “Ahhh…” Another moan tore from her lips as he increased his speed. The more she begged him to go slower, the more he make it faster.

Ignoring her plead, Min Ho started a fast brutal pace, grunting in pleasure. He lowered his face down to her ear, pulling her earlobe between his teeth and nibbled. His tongue slowly slid up to the outer shell of her ear as he asked in a low and y voice. “Who is the guy in the hospital this morning? Is he the one?”

~~~~~

The guy in the hospital? Is he the one? Who?

Jang Geun Suk?

“You mean… he asked about Jang Geun Suk when both of you were having…” Yuri didn’t let the word ‘’ slip out when she saw Shin Hye’s murderous glare.

“I’m not too sure but Doctor Jang is the only man that he saw together with me yesterday.” Shin Hye said.

Yuri tilted her head, as if she was trying hard to understand the whole thing. “Could it be… he is jealous?”

“Jealous?” Shin Hye’s eyes grew wide as she looked at Yuri in a disbelief gaze. “How could it be possible?”

“Why not?” Yuri spoke excitedly. “You see... Choi Soo Young’s son was admitted in the hospital yesterday. By right, he should stay in the hospital with them. But he didn’t. Instead of taking care of his first love, he went home and have…” The word ‘’ was once again got stuck in . She smiled sheepishly before she continued. “I mean… he went home and… sleep with you.”

Shin Hye’s face blushed again.

“If he really doesn’t care about you like what he said, then why bother to ask about other man? He won’t even notice there was other men around you.” Yuri said again but paused for a brief moment. “But there is one thing that I don’t understand. What does he mean about ‘is he the one’? Who is the one?”

Shin Hye bit her bottom lip hard as another memory that happened six years ago replayed in her head.

~~~~~

“Ahhh…” Shin Hye screamed, frightened by the loud shattering sound when Min Ho smashed the empty bowl against the wall.

He turned to glare at her, his eyes were bloodshot, his skin was pale and hatred took over his entire face. “So this is what you have been planning all this while? Waiting for a chance that I come home drunk, work together with my mother and put something inside the soup to trap me to your bed.”

Shin Hye shook her head as tears streaming down her cheeks fiercely. “No. The soup… it’s a misunderstanding. And last night… last night was an accident. I didn’t know you will come home last night and… you were drunk.”

“You didn’t know?” Min Ho let out a loud sarcastic chuckle. “If you really don’t know that I’ll meet a client and will come back last night, then why did you keep the soup for me? Why did eomma bring that soup to you? I was drunk, I was drugged but you are not. You can still push me away.”

“No. Oppa… it’s not like that.” Shin Hye panicked as she walked forward. When she reached out in attempt to hold him, he quickly stepped backward and avoided her touch.

“Don’t dream that it will change anything after I sleep with you.” He said heartlessly as he turned to the bed and his eyes staring at the messy, white bed sheet. Although he was drunk last night and his rational mind was completely controlled by whatever medicine that they put in the soup, but he could still remember what happened between them. He wasn’t too sure which one surprise him more, to have with her or… what he found out last night. This is not what he expected. Another chuckle escaped his lips, sarcasm laced in his tone. “I thought it was my prejudice to judge you for being pretentious at first. But after last night, I think I was right all along.” He paused again as he slowly walked closer to her and stopped right in front of her. He smirked inwardly before he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

“I wonder… what will be my mother’s reaction if she knows that her beloved daughter in-law… is not a .”

~~~~~

“What?” Yuri’s voice was loud and almost shouting. “That idiot thought Doctor Jang is the one who took your first time away?”

“Shhh!” Shin Hye covered Yuri’s mouth and glared at her. “Can you talk softer? We are in the hospital.”

“I’m sorry.” Yuri glanced around before looking back at Shin Hye again. She moved closer and this time she spoke in a soft tone. “Yah, why didn’t you tell him about the incident that happened seven years ago? Don’t give him anymore chance to accuse you. He was the one who…”

“Shhh…” Shin Hye cut her off before letting out a deep, breathy sigh. “Do you think he will believe me if I really tell him? He was so drunk. I’m not even sure he can still remember what happened that night.”

“But… it’s very unfair to you.” Yuri said. “Are you just going let him to misunderstand about you for the rest of your life?”

“It doesn’t matter whether he know the truth or not.” Shin Hye smiled weakly. “Our marriage… I’m not even sure it could stand that long.”

“Wae?” Yuri asked in surprise. “I thought you said… you will never leave him because he is Yeo Jin’s father.”

“My father is retiring next month.” Shin Hye said again with a faint smile.

Yuri furrowed her brows. “You mean… Lee Min Ho will ask for divorce once your father is no longer useful for his business?”

Taking a deep inhale of breath, Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders. “Who knows what will happen in the future? This is just a marriage of convenience after all. My father needs his father’s support, his father using my father for his business. After my father lost his power, there is no obligation anymore.”

Yuri pressed her lips tightly together as she gave Shin Hye’s hand a comforting squeeze. “This is just what you think. Maybe… maybe Lee Min Ho doesn’t think like that. I know he is a total jerk, he is cold, reserved and doesn’t like to show his true self… but it doesn’t mean he is heartless. Even if he doesn’t love you, Yeo Jin is still his daughter. I’m sure he will not do anything to hurt the mother of his own child.”

There was a long silence before Shin Hye looked at Yuri and smiled at her again. “Don’t worry about me. Whether he love me or not, want me or not, it doesn’t bother me anymore. The one that I care the most now is Yeo Jin. As long as she is happy, I can do anything for her.”

Letting out a deep sigh, Yuri linked her hand around Shin Hye’s arm and rested her head on her shoulder. “It was my fault. If I didn’t forced you to join my birthday party that night, you would not end up marrying him.”

“Silly.” Shin Hye smiled and patted Yuri’s hand softly. “If meeting him is my destiny, with or without that night, the ending will still be the same.” She bit her lip and continued in a soft whisper, so soft that even Yuri couldn’t hear what she said.

“Our existence are destined to hurt each other.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Dut-dut…

“Sajang-nim, Kim sajang from EVT Corporation has just arrived.”

Lee Min Ho moved his hand over to the phone and pressed the red button. “Let him in.” He instructed his secretary through the intercom before he continued to do his work without losing his focus.

After a few minutes, the door of his office room was opened from outside and the sound of the footsteps filled the silence.

“I thought our meeting is at 10am. It’s only 9.30am now.” Min Ho said, his face was still held down, his attention was still on the document he was reading.

“What manner is this?” Kim Rae Won crossed his arms over his chest as his eyes staring at the young man in front of him. “You should at least looked up at me and greeted me. Technically, I’m your samchon.”

“No.” Min Ho said without looking at him. “Technically, I give you business and let your company to earn a lot of money. We are business partner.”

Rae Won snorted. “I’m Shin Hye’s uncle and you are her husband. So by right you should call me samchon, you idiot.”

The mention of Shin Hye’s name successfully attracted Min Ho’s attention as he slowly looked up and met Rae Won’s eyes. “It’s good to know that you still remember that my ‘wife’ is your niece and she is married to me.”

Rae Won narrowed his eyes. “What does that mean?”

“It means you shouldn’t be too close with a married woman and have to remember that you are her mother’s brother and… her uncle.” Min Ho reminded him sternly.

After a brief silence, Rae Won finally understood what he was talking about and started to laugh. “You were angry because I had dinner with Shin Hye in your apartment last week. But how do you know about it? You were still in China at that time.”

“I might not be around all the time but that is still my home. If I want to know what happened at home and what my wife doing behind my back when I’m not around, it’s just as simple as snapping my fingers.” Min Ho said in a displeased tone.

“Yah, what do you mean of doing something behind your back? We were just having a dinner together. Yeo Jin and your housekeeper were there too. Next week is Yeo Jin’s birthday and because I will be away for a business trip, I went there to give her a present earlier.” Rae Won explained before he paused and looked at him sceptically. “And why are you so cranky about me meeting Shin Hye? You don’t care about her anyway. You don’t even know she was pregnant with Yeo Jin last time until you saw her big stomach. Why are you so concern now? I thought you just care about your first love.”

“Then do you think it’s appropriate for a man to visit a married woman’s home at night? The neighbours doesn’t know you are her uncle. How people will think about her, have you think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter