Chapter 31

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 31

 

“I’m sorry for hurting you even more…”

I wrapped my scarf around my neck as I stared at Se Hun and Jin Guk, who were sound asleep. I had my backpack on and held the door handle with my hand as I smiled at them. This is it. This is the last time I can do anything for them. I can’t keep doing this to Se Hun, who has always accepted me back. And Jin Guk, who I’m truly sorry towards… I hope you can love Se Hun much more than I ever could have.

As I shut the door behind me, I started choking on my tears. I could feel my chest tightening, but I had to force myself to get out of there before I would get caught. I ran to the elevator, pressed the ‘down’ button until the elevator doors finally opened and walked in. When the doors shut, I slowly fell to the ground and cried out as much as I could.

I texted Jung Ah as soon as I was outside and was able to get into a cab. I excused myself from the driver and told him that he had to drive me back home while I cried because I couldn’t afford to wait for another driver to come get me. I promised to give him more than what the meter would ask for because of how inexplicable I was going to be acting the next few hours.

I ended up crying the whole ride home with the taxi driver playing trot music loudly the whole way. To the driver who drove me back home, thank you.

 

**

 

“Is she okay?”

“Yeah, let’s just give her some time to rest and get her mind back to normal.”

“Did she tell you what happened?”

“No, but I know when she’s ready, she’ll let us know.”

I pulled the covers towards my face and cried a little more. Luckily, Jung Ah and Jae Hyun didn’t bother me and I ended up sleeping for another five hours or so.

 

**

 

As I pulled the covers off of me, my hair stuck onto my swollen face and sweat. I was just about to yawn and stretch, but the lights in the room and there stood Jung Ah and Jae Hyun by the doorway holding onto a tray of soup and a lot of spoons. I forced a smile before more tears started to stroll down my already reddened cheeks.

“If I collected your tears from these past few months, I think I could get a liter.” Jae Hyun grabbed the tray from Jung Ah and walked over towards me. He set it down in front of me before sitting down beside me. “What did you do this time?”

“Maybe we should keep the spoons in the freezer until you’re done crying…” Jung Ah walked over and grabbed the spoons on the tray and walked out of the room.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “When I tell you two what happened, please don’t start lecturing me because from the get go… I already knew what I did and what I was going to do was wrong. So please… If I tell you two…”

“We promise.” Jung Ah said as she joined us on the bed.

For the next two hours, I cried to them about everything that happened and they never interrupted me once nor did they shake their head unless it was to give me a tissue. When I was done explaining all that had happened, I just sat there feeling numb and yet dizzy.

“I should have never come back.” I muttered.

“Maybe not…” Jae Hyun said before getting hit by Jung Ah. “WELL GOT DAMN! I’m just being honest, am I freaking not?!”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s the truth.” I scoffed.

“If you never came back, you would never be in this kind of situation. You would never question whether your love for Jin Hyuk is there or not and you wouldn’t feel like your heart was aching between the two guys, which we can clearly tell it’s not because we all know who it’s aching for.” Jae Hyun deeply sighed. “I’m sorry if that’s not what you want to hear, but I’m not here to sympathize with you. I’m here to tell you the truth because that’s what you need to hear. The past few months you’ve been here, you were fed lies and a bunch of different that I cannot even comprehend or want to! Why couldn’t any of us just be ing truthful to one another instead of playing this stupid game?”

“I’m sorry if we decided not to say anything from the beginning, Soo Jin. It’s not like we were trying to hurt you or were trying to play games.” Jung Ah glared at Jae Hyun who stuck his tongue out back at her. “If anything, we just wanted Se Hun to tell you the truth himself instead of you having to hear it from us and then you’re a lot angrier with him than you’ve been. It wasn’t easy keeping my mouth shut. You know me. I hate that we’re apologizing for this once again, but I just wanted to say it again just so you know and understand that it wasn’t meant to hurt you or to confuse you because we all only wanted the best for you.”

“I know. I know.” I slowly nodded my head and took a sip of water. “I’m sorry for blaming you all for what had happened, but whatever happened last night between Se Hun and I was all of me.”

“Why did you do it, you idiot?!” Jae Hyun almost yelled out, causing both Jung Ah and I to jump. “Got damn it, Ahn Soo Jin!”

“You don’t get to call me an idiot.” I muttered under my breath.

“Okay, but you’re pretty stupid, if you ask me.” Jae Hyun rolled his eyes. “I mean, dude, you just literally ed it up for yourself and Jin Hyuk. Is this what you wanted? If so, you need to stop it right now because you’re making it worse for yourself than ever.”

“He’s right, Soo Jin. What you did was completely wrong and I know those aren’t the exact words you want to hear from us right now because you, yourself know that, but seriously…? I mean, what are you going to do? You have to tell Jin Hyuk.” My best friend reached out and grabbed my hand. “Less than a month from today, you are going to get married to Jin Hyuk and if you marry him without letting him know about what happened last night, I don’t think even I can forgive you for living a lie. We all have to promise each other that there is nothing but honestly from now on no matter how contradicting it may seem a few months ago…”

“Thanks for trying to save your own asses after every sentence.” I chuckled knowing that if they didn’t try to save their own asses after every sentence, I would have probably called them out on it because they were truly being contradicting. “I still hate you two for doing that though.”

“We’re just trying to do our best.” Jae Hyun pressed his lips together before leaning forward to play with a loose string on the bed. “It could honestly go any way if you tell Jin Hyuk the truth.”

“What do you mean?” Jung Ah raised an eyebrow.

“Well, if she tells Jin Hyuk, he might let it go because his love for Soo Jin is so strong and because she kind of did it for a good reason, not that cheating is a good thing at all and will it ever be, but she did it for Jin Guk, who is near death…” Jae Hyun rubbed his eyes quickly.

“Are you about to cry?” Jung Ah nudged him.

“Look, a kid that young shouldn’t even be seeing death yet and here we are acting like fools while he’s drowning.” Jae Hyun leaned his head back and took a deep breath before looking at us again. “Soo Jin, the other thing that could happen is that Jin Hyuk lets you go because you cannot let go of your past. You are stuck onto Se Hun like glue and he probably knows that at the back of his mind already. I mean, you pretty much told him that Se Hun was your first love and he knows everything now, right? It could be hard for Jin Hyuk. You kind of lie to him your whole life with the guy. He knew nothing of Se Hun and came here looking like a fool because your heart was with someone else this whole time and he thought he had a part of it… Don’t you think it would be such a ty feeling to know that you grasped it, but it was taken out of your hand like taking candy from a kid?”

“What did you do to Jae Hyun while I was in Canada, Jung Ah? I have never seen or heard him be so wise at times like this…” I pursed my lips. I was kind of impressed how different he had become since I’ve been gone. “Maybe we could have worked out if you were like this to begin with.”

“Yah!” Jung Ah punched my arm.

“Look, Miss I’m Ahn Soo Jin…” Jae Hyun burst into laughter but immediately recovered. “You and I would have never worked out because you would have fallen for that stupid gangster regardless and because look at you… The only person who could handle your mess is of course, our little Oh Se Hun.”

“You’re not really helping and you shouldn’t have given her an idea of what would have happened between the two of you.” Jung Ah crossed his arms and leaned back. “I hate you two.”

We both smiled at her which caused her to throw a couple of pillows at us.

“Okay. Okay. We’re sorry. It’s not fair though.” Jae Hyun pulled the pillows aside. “We can’t throw pillows at you so you can’t throw pillows at us.”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes.

“Back to Soo Jin though…” Jae Hyun looked back at me. “You dumb girl, you need to tell Jin Hyuk as soon as possible before someone else does and s it up for you.”

“The only ones who would open their stupid mouths are you two so if you two keep your big mouths shut, no one will say anything to him until I do.” I pointed my fingers at them before pointing back to my eyes. “I just don’t know how the hell I’m going to bring up. I can’t just go up to him and be like ‘hey, just cheated on you with Se Hun!’”

“I mean, you could if you really wanted to.” Jae Hyun shrugged.

“Are you stupid?” Jung Ah shook her head. “I hope our kid does not act like you.”

“It was a sarcastic joke, obviously.” He shook his head this time. “Look, take him aside and just tell him the truth. You don’t have to come out and say it like that. You can slowly ease him into it and let him know what has been going on and why you decided to go on this last minute trip with Se Hun and Jin Guk. I mean, the worse that can happen is that this wedding gets called off.”

I looked down at my hands and started crying again. “What am I doing?”

“You made her cry again, you fool!” Jung Ah groaned angrily before reaching out towards me to grab my hand. “Soo Jin, it’s not your fault that you heart cannot let Se Hun go. Your actions were all based on how you were feeling.”

“Obviously because if she was smart, she would not have done what she did.” Jae Hyun pointed out obviously.

“Shut up, will you?” Jung Ah glared at him for the millionth time.

“I just want to go back in time. I just want to go back to where I didn’t know either of them. It’s so hard and I’m so torn between the two.” I cried into my other hand that was free from Jung Ah. “I don’t get why I keep getting myself into these stupid situations and I know better, but I still choose to do the wrong thing.”

“You know… You came back for a reason, Soo Jin.” Jae Hyun said kind of quietly, but it was loud enough for all of us to hear. “You could have done your wedding in Canada. You could have had all of us just come to see you. Your parents would have let you done anything just to get a happy ending and yet… You decided to come back…”

“What are you trying to do? Are you trying to cause another problem?!” Jung Ah looked like she was about to jump at Jae Hyun.

“It’s the truth, isn’t it? You came back because you wanted to see something… Because you needed to see something or confirm whatever you were trying to confirm…” Jae Hyun continued, not caring that Jung Ah’s eyes were pretty much piercing right through him. “You came back to make sure Se Hun no longer wanted to be with you, didn’t you?”

“Oh my god…” Jung Ah stared me dead in the eye. “Don’t tell me that Jae Hyun’s right…?”

I swallowed hard. “I…”

 

 



**Author's Note: You guys, as much as I would like to finish this story, there is a couple chapters I have on another computer that I need to get because that is the only way I can finish up this story. They were written years ago... Can you believe how long it's been since I've decided to write the sequel? I'm sorry to keep you all waiting, but I promise, those chapters are everything that I have ever wanted in this story, but this is my only update for now. Please be patient. So much love to you all who have loved this story and kept on loving it <3