Chapter 15

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 15

 

Standing outside next to Lee Yoo Ra was not what I was expecting tonight. Actually, it wasn’t something I was expecting at all in my life again. I had my arms crossed and I couldn’t stop rocking back on forth on my feet. I felt impatient with this dead silence between us since we’ve actually been out here for awhile, but I guess it was because there were so many drunken people around us.

“Is it wrong for me to ask how you’ve been?” Yoo Ra asked, finally breaking the silence between us.

I looked over at her, unable to open my mouth, but she noticed and laughed. Yoo Ra was pretty. I guess I never really took it in. I didn’t want to say anything nice about her, actually, only because we never talked after Se Hun and I got together after he made sure she would get out of his life. But here we are now, seven years later, standing next to each other under the influence of alcohol.

“I heard you moved to Canada.” She commented.

I nodded my head.

“Is it possible for someone to become prettier within time?” She asked me. “Maybe it’s because someone’s been showing you so much love.”

I bit my bottom lip, wondering if she knew Se Hun and I broke up five years ago, but I didn’t want to question her about my own personal life. It was weird that she seemed so nice, but maybe she changed.

“There were rumors going around saying that you’re getting married.” She heaved a sigh, making me wonder if she was stressed out about it or not.

I nodded my head slowly, thinking about how it was Jin Hyuk, who I was marrying, and not Se Hun.

“Shouldn’t someone like you be at home since you’re getting married?”

I bit my bottom lip with guilt. “I came to see Kai and Baek Hyun.”

“Ah, I guess. I mean, it would make sense that you’re all still good friends, huh? It seems like you always get what you want though, right, Soo Jin?”

I raised an eyebrow, making sure my eyes never left her face. “What are you talking about?”

“Well, you’re getting married to Se Hun.”

Would she hate me if she knew the truth?

“What?” Yoo Ra was now raising her eyebrow at me since I didn’t answer her or say a word to her question. “Wow. No way…”

It was too early to say that Yoo Ra had changed because now her facial expression was as cold as it was once before when we first met. She tilted her head back, taking in a laugh that was coming out from her. She turned her cold gaze towards me, giving me a stern look that she once gave me when she told me to stay away from Se Hun. How could I forget how quickly she could change her mind about something? I wanted to laugh, but it wasn’t the right time to do so.

“Don’t tell me you’re not going to marry Se Hun.” Yoo Ra scoffed at this, as if she couldn’t believe it even though I didn’t even give her a definite answer yet.

“We broke up years ago before I left to Canada.” I muttered, rolling my eyes at her as if she was supposed to know about it. “Not everything’s meant to be.”

“Tell me he broke up with you.” Yoo Ra closed her eyes shut, making me wonder if she was getting ready to punch me across the face – she probably was.

“Why does it matter? It’s been five years.”

Yoo Ra started pacing back and forth, shaking her head as if this news was surreal. She stopped for a second and looked at me, making it seem like she just noticed that I was there.

“Then who the hell are you getting married to?” She snarled, putting her hands on her hips.

“Someone else…” I replied nonchalantly.

“You’re telling me, that that ing bastard broke up with me and told me to stay out of his life just so you two can ing break up two years later?!” She was pissed and I wanted to understand why, but I just couldn’t. “This makes no sense!”

Did she forget…? She cheated on Se Hun and yeah, I had to agree with her. It didn’t make sense as to why we broke up. Even I was still confused about our breakup after all these years.

“I seriously can’t believe this…” She was making it look like she was in distress. She darted her eyes over at me suddenly, glaring at me. “Did you break up with him, Soo Jin?!”

I scoffed in disbelief.

“I let him go for you.” She snarled once more. “How could you ing break up with him?!”

“You’re so full of yourself.” I rolled my eyes, wondering why the hell I even though for a second she could have changed for the better. “Why do you always assume it’s my fault?”

“Because it always is! You’re the reason to why he completely ended it with me! You’re the reason why Se Hun became vulnerable!”

YOU CHEATED ON HIM! How the hell was it me who made him vulnerable?” I yelled back angrily, causing her to look at me in shock, as if she didn’t know herself.

There was nothing but silence again between the two of us. Maybe I went too far, speaking my mind, but it wasn’t my fault. She was pointing fingers at me when it was clear that she had done worse than me.

“He broke with me, okay? I didn’t break up with him…” I added a minute later, feeling just a little bit bad that I kind of threw her under the bus.

“Wait. What? That makes no sense whatsoever, Soo Jin. I’m getting even more confused than before.” Her eyes were widened even more than before. “What do you mean he broke up with you?”

“Isn’t that what you wanted to –“

“It’s none of your business.” I heard a voice say behind me, only to feel someone wrap their arm around my neck and pull me towards them.

“Baek Hyun?” I looked up at him and he smiled at me cutely. “Where’s Kai?”

“Right here!” Kai stretched his arms up in the air as he made his way towards us. “What are you doing with her?”

Yoo Ra glared at him, but Kai ignored her and looked over at me. “Maybe that’s why he broke up with you. You’re always flirting with his friends.”

Baek Hyun looked over at Kai and for a second, I thought the two of them weren’t going to respond, but the two had burst out into laughter, bending over as if it was the funniest thing they’ve ever heard in their life.

“Just because you never got this treatment from us doesn’t mean that you can just assume we’re flirting with Soo Jin. We all know better than to mess with Se Hun’s woman.” Kai scoffed, crossing his arms as he glared over at Yoo Ra.

“We meant her fiancé, but Kai’s a little too drunk to remember.” Baek Hyun added with a hiss, nudging Kai’s ribs.

“Same difference.” Kai shrugged.

“You two will always be s.” Yoo Ra bit her bottom lip before she turned around in defeat and walked away from us, leaving the three of us there with slight smiles on our faces.

“You know, she’s kind of right.” I said turning around so I could stare at the two of them.

The both of them looked really tired, but for some reason tonight, I wanted to spend more time with them. I’ve never really done anything with these two, but maybe a little more time with them will make me feel more at ease.

“What is she right about?” Kai ruffled his hair. “That we’re s or that you’re always flirting with us?”

My mouth fell ajar.

“We’re kidding. Don’t listen to Kai.” Baek Hyun chuckled. “Are you hungry?”

My stomach did feel a little bit empty so I nodded my head.

“Let’s go.” Baek Hyun led the way, leaving Kai to walk beside me.

 

**

 

The three of us ended up at Jae Hyun’s restaurant even though he wasn’t there. Kyung Soo had to close and was more than happy to serve us even though they had already locked the doors. Kai had insisted we go there no matter how many times Baek Hyun had said that we should be heading out to a different place so they could actually close the building.

“Jae Hyun should be happy that we’re giving him service.” Kai said as he put a spoon of rice into his mouth.

“Service? You should be happy that Jae Hyun’s even letting you eat in here.” Baek Hyun shook his head, taking a big gulp of his glass of water before looking over at me. “You’re not hungry?”

I had been poking at my food, listening to the three boys talk and yell at each other that I didn’t even realize what I had been doing. I looked up at Baek Hyun and then Kyung Soo, who was looking at me with curious eyes. I felt apologetic since he did go out of his way to make a late night meal for us.

“Sorry, I was just thinking.” I said before cutting myself a piece of meat. I stuck it inside my mouth and savored the sweet taste.

“Thinking about what?” Kai asked.

“How we should be drinking some more!!!” Baek Hyun changed the subject, making me thanking him secretly. “Kyung Soo, go grab us a few bottles of beer and bring it over here.”

“Jae Hyun’s going to kill us.” Kyung Soo didn’t argue with Baek Hyun though. He got up from his seat and went over to the bar, grabbing a bunch of beer bottles. “But he’ll kill you first before me, so I still have a chance to run.”

Baek Hyun let out a chuckle, agreeing with Kyung Soo before grabbing the bottles and opening them with a bottle opener that he had in his pocket. When he handed me a bottle, he gave me a sincere smile, probably knowing that I knew I wanted to avoid questions. It was weird how well he understood me and yet, it felt like things were back to normal, as if I had never left Korea at all.

“Maybe this is why Jung Ah kept puking.” I said as I looked at the bottle in front of me. “You all have a high tolerance when drinking.”

“Jung Ah never drinks with us.” Kai furrowed his eyebrows, giving me a questioning look.

“What do you mean she never drinks with you guys? Kai, she said she was drinking with you all night last night.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Kai and I were working all night at the clubs.” Baek Hyun answered. “We did not see Jung Ah at all. The last time we saw her was at the banquet.”

“But why would she tell me she was with you then…?” I looked at Kai, who shrugged like he didn’t know anything.

I nodded my head. “No idea, but she wasn’t feeling the greatest when we were trying to plan for my wedding.”

“Ah, so you had your wedding planning today?” Kai lifted his bottle up in the air. “Cheers to the first day of wedding planning to our dearest, Ahn Soo Jin and her beloved fiancé, Oh – I mean, Kim Jin Hyuk.”

I glared at Kai before we all lifted our bottles with a loud cheer and chugged half of the beer. Even though I was sobering up, it felt like I was going back into a buzz state.

“By the way, Soo Jin, where is your beloved fiancé?” Kai took another sip of his beer. “Does he know that you’re out with us? Actually, does he know you’re out at all?”

“I’m sure the guy’s busy.” Baek Hyun pursed his lips. “I mean, that’s why you’re out, right?”

“Jin Hyuk has been working a lot lately, trying to get companies to join his in Japan.” I answered Kai, who watched me as if he was giving me his full attention. “Even though he’s been busy, I’m fine with it. He’s doing well and he’s working hard.”

“Cheers to that.” Kyung Soo said innocently lifting up his bottle.

“And you’re okay with that?” Baek Hyun asked this time.

“What do you mean?” I questioned. “Am I okay with him working? Why wouldn’t I be? Jin Hyuk wants a stable life for the both of us.”

“What about the wedding planning? Are you doing that by yourself?” Baek Hyun sat up straight in his chair. “He wasn’t even there today, was he?”

“I’m not doing it by myself. Jung Ah was with me… Well… Other than the fact that she was in the bathroom the whole time, she’ll be helping me out with the planning.” I lifted up my bottle this time. “Cheers to Jung Ah for helping me out with the wedding planning.”

The boys lifted up their beers and cheered with me.

“Did you even see him at all today?” Kyung Soo asked quietly, as if he was afraid to ask.

“No…” I sighed.

“Another question, Soo Jin.” Kai said holding up a finger. “After your wedding, what are you planning to do? Go back to Canada?”

“That’s the plan for right now…” I answered. “I need to finish up the rest of my studies before I become a teacher.”

“Ah, that dream of yours hasn’t died.” Baek Hyun smiled sincerely at me.

“I guess not…” I smiled. “I mean, it took me awhile to get back, but I’m going to do it. That’s the reason why I went to Canada.”

“Cheers to keeping your dream alive.”

“Cheers to coming back to Korea.”

“Cheers to new beginnings.”

“Cheers…”

 

**

 

How could I get myself so drunk to the point where I was feeling this way? Having a hangover was not good at all especially when I’m sure it was only two in the morning. My head was throbbing. I could feel it with every movement. I would toss to my left side and my head would begin to pound and when I would turn the other way, it would get even worse. I rested on my back and took a deep breath.

Wait. How could I be tossing and turning so comfortably? Quickly sitting up and regretting it, I found myself sitting on a bed, but I could barely see since it was still dark out. I touched every inch of the bed, wondering where my phone could be, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I stepped off the bed quickly, wanting to reach the light somewhere, but I stepped on something or someone below and found myself falling over and hitting whoever was below me.

“Umpf.”

“…” I whispered.

Just as I pushed myself up to get off the person, the light from the person’s phone flashed in my face, making me go blind for a second, but when I looked back down, I was sure I wasn’t blind.

What the hell was I doing here staring down at Se Hun?

 

 



*Author's Note: Hey, wassup, hello! Oh my goodness, everyone. I thought I was cool trying to give you all a cliffhanger for the previous chapter, but no one even knew who Yoo Ra was! Lol. I found it more funny than disappointing only because I remembered everyone saying how much they hated her in the prequel BUT NO ONE EVEN REMEMBERED HER (okay, I lied, only a few readers knew who she was). If you still don't know who she is, she's Se Hun's ex-girlfriend. OTL. *sigh. Anyway, here's another update because I am going on a trip to California and I won't be able to post later. I guess you could say this is an early Chirstmas gift to you all, even if it's not the best update possible. I'll see you all next year with new beginnings and hopefully better writing and chapter updates!

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, everyone!
Thank you for showing so much love and support towards this story despite my slow updates <3

 

 

If you want to ask me questions or anything:

twitter @181061
ask.fm/oneeightonezerosixone