LAY

EXODUS

YUNNAN 22:11

I love the bustling night life of Yunnan. It gives me back memories of my childhood. Have I really been in Korea for that long? I smiled as I rode my bike through small shops with bright, flashing welcome signs and yet, it was deserted of people.

I hopped off the seat and walked my bike the rest of the way to my favorite shop that I used to go all the time as a growing adolescent, blooming into the young guy I am today.

I finally reach my destination and I stood outside and stare at the front. There were barely any plants and most of them were dead. I remember when I was little, there was all kinds of plants and flowers blooming that surrounded this shop.

I push open the doors to find the owner sleeping in a chair. I'm guessing he got tired of waiting for customers.

"Hey, sir?"

"Huh? Oh, Yixing! Long time no see," he looked up and rubbed his tired eyes. "Go on and take a seat. I’ll bring you some tea."

"Thank you," I bowed and went to find a table.

The place was dark and empty. It had a nice setting to write out some new lyrics for the guys. I placed my earbuds in and swipe up to turn up the slow relaxing music. I slipped out my phone, popped out the stylus, and began jotting down words that popped into my head.

The old man came back with a teapot and a teacup.

'You are my sunshine. I need you, You are the one'

The light fixture above me began to flicker and suddenly, I felt a shock come off my phone and a screeching noise from my earbuds. I jumped up almost falling out of my chair, ripping out the earbud and dropping my phone on the table.

I looked down at my phone, which was still glitching. What is going on? Did they find me?

Immediately, I ran out of the shop leaving everything behind. I jumped onto my bike and rode off.

Instead of running over the dead plants and killing them more than they already are, I healed any flower that crossed my path.