KAI

EXODUS

LONDON 15:00

Come on, walk faster. I turn my head to look behind me as I walk as quickly as I could away.

Away from what? I don't know.

I readjust my coat onto my shoulders and whip my head right to left scanning my surroundings again.

Nothing.

Just ordinary Englanders going about their day on this cold and chilly morning with the streets bustling with men, women, and children. I feel it coming closer and closer. And yet, nothing.

I ran up the train station steps and flicker my eyes around again. No one was to be seen, but I can feel their eyes looking staring deep in me. I calmly enter the train station, which is surprisingly not as busy as it usually is. I swept my hair back debating on what my next move is going to be as I slowly walk away from the fast pace trains.

I can feel it. There it is again! Something… something is following me. Beckoning me to come and claim it.

I started running. Faster and faster. I feel it coming towards me! I look around once again, but no one is paying any attention to me.

I rush out the station and into the open, where they can see me in broad daylight. The sun is trying to pry its way through the clouds, but the clouds just won't budge.

I look over to an abandoned building that sat at slant on top of a hill.

My only hope.

I walk towards it and push open the wooden door with a loud, deafening creak and climbed up the narrow stairs, hoping whatever that was following had lost track of me.

A final door stood before me in the tight space. I pulled the metal handle and freed myself to the spacious rooftop taking in deep breaths of fresh air. I rub my aching neck of tiredness.

And yet, I still feel it eyeing me. I look around.

* Ding D-ing *

I jumped up in surprise at the sudden notification from my phone. The Gold platinum edges felt cold against my warm, nimble fingers. The notification bar glowed a warm orange.

Dark visions of being in that maze blur before my eyes. I blinked my eyes a couple times to erase the memories.

No, I don't want to return.

I looked around one last time. They found me.

*poof* I vanished into thin air to find a place where they won't ever find me.