SEHUN

EXODUS

EDINBURGH 15:24

I've been walking around buildings that look almost identical to each other for hours now. I took out my phone and check the text again. I pulled at my striped sweater as it was tight and scratching at my neck.

Why does he want me to meet him here? I click out the stylus from the bottom of my phone and pull out the street map and outlined the corner of the street he told me to go to. I shove the smartphone back into my pocket and began my journey to my destination.

I arrived at a small cottage home surrounded with windows. It was quite cute. A very typical Scottish home.

 I peered inside to see if anyone was home, but there was no sign of life. I reached for the doorknob, turning it and expecting it to be locked but surprisingly, it was unlocked. I freely let myself in.

"Woah," the words escaped my mouth, unconsciously. I flicked a floating airplane out of my way hoping to see if it was attached to any wires. Nothing.

Two twin boys sat on in the middle of the living room rug admiring the floating toys above them. They had no clear expression written on their faces. It seems that they haven't noticed my presence either. I looked around to see there were many toys surrounding us as they slowly rotated in circles in mid-air.

A loud screeching noise pierce through the thick air and with that I cover my ears from the pain. It was a high pitch scream that sounded almost like an over-boiling kettle. The windows began to rattle with rage and the wind started to pick up with sudden speed. The two boys snapped their heads at me and stared straight into my soul. Chills ran up and down my spine as I slowly walk backwards towards the door.

I took a glance outside to see if a storm was coming, but instead, I saw a solar eclipse closing in.

What is going on? I stood there for a moment.

They found me.

And with that I let the wind close the door shut behind me as I ran.