Chapter 8

Look at Me Only (단지 날 보세요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had been waiting outside the glass double doors for at least five minutes and was beginning to grow impatient. My hand automatically running through my hair as I leaned against the wall. I checked the time with a quick glance at my phone. A small part of me was beginning to doubt. Perhaps Jongin had just been stringing me along up until now, and he was sitting somewhere upstairs laughing at me with his band mates.

Another few minutes passed and I made the decision to start walking back away from the door. As I was about to head round the corner, a voice called out to me, splitting the silence.

“Song Hyemin.” I turned to see Jongin standing, the handle of the door in one hand, propping it open. “Where’re you going?” He asked.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” I replied honestly.

“Oh, right.” He stated, his free hand going to rub the back of his neck. “I had to lock the door before I left. It took longer than I thought because I couldn’t find my key.”

“It’s ok.” I said somewhat relieved but also annoyed that my brain had jumped to such conclusions so quickly.

He looked me up and down as he stood in the door way. “You look good.” He said confidently.

Actually I had spent the most time ever in my life getting ready – in the school bathrooms no less. My school uniform was shoved in my bag along with my books and I had changed into a baggy black and white t-shirt dress that reached halfway down my thighs. I paired it with a denim jacket that was in fact my brothers, a grey snapback and a pair of nike shoes over knee high socks. It wasn’t too stylish, but it was the best I could do. I had even dabbled with make-up, albeit just mascara and a little lip gloss, but for me that was a huge step indeed.

“Let’s go in,” I suggested, a blush forming on my face from the compliment, “Before those fan girls come back.”

“Oh. How did you get past them?” He inquired. A smirk gracing his face was he saw my reddening cheeks.

“I led them on a wild goose chase in searching for the SM artist party.” I explained. “Also if anyone asks, I’m the daughter of one of the security team members.” I heard him laugh at this, as he ushered me in through the door. “One of them was your fan girl actually.” I noted.

“Well of course.” Jongin said casually. “I’m such a big star after all.” Another smirk forming on his lips.

“No need to be modest.” I insisted.

“I won’t be then.” He replied. “So do you want me to give you the tour?” He asked, earning a small nod from me. “Ok follow me closely then. It’s easily to get lost in this building if you don’t know it well.”

 

*

 

“So this is the SM cafeteria.” I stated as I looked curiously around the room, a number of wooden tables dotted around, benches on each side.

“The very same.” Jongin replied. “Although it’s closed today unfortunately.”

“I remember a video of SHINee being filmed in here.” I thought. Not realising I had said it aloud until Jongin replied.

“Oh. So you’re a SHINee fan.”

I shrugged. “Actually my friend likes them, so she showed me a video. But I guess I know a few of their songs, so that makes me a fan.”

“Fair enough then. Let me show the next place.” Jongin said suddenly, almost sprinting off though the exit of the cafeteria. I caught up with him as he pressed a round silver button on the wall to call for the elevator.

I looked at him in worry. “Isn’t there stairs?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah but the elevator is quicker.” Jongin said.

“O-oh, ok then.” I said timidly as we entered the elevator that had just arrived. My heart rate picked up a little and my palms felt a little sweaty as I backed away from the door until my back was pressed up against the mirror-donned wall at the opposite end.

“Are you ok?” Jongin asked, concern laced into his tone, as he watched me.

“F-fine.” I lied.

“Are you scared of elevators Hyemin?” He asked with a small smirk. “You should have said something.” He continued when I didn’t reply straight away.

“I did try.” I pointed out quietly.

“Here, we’ll get off here, and walk up to the floor.” Jongin said in worry and as the doors of the elevator slid open he took my wrist in his hand and pulled me out and out of the fire exit door to the stair well.

It wasn’t until we had climbed two flights of stairs and had stopped outside a door labelled ‘STUDIO 2’ that I noticed that Jongin was still holding my wrist tightly, the heat of his hand spreading through the skin of my lower arm, making it tingle slightly. Jongin was fiddling in his pocket with his other hand, looking for the key. I twisted my arm a little, to try to free my hand. When he noticed, he promptly pulled his hand away, coughing a little.

“So this is the studio where I like to come to practice dancing.” He explained eyeing me carefully as he turned the key in the lock. The door swung open revealing a reasonably sized room, with glossy wooden panelled walls and a full wall dedicated to a mirror.

I looked around in awe. “This is amazing.”

“Yeah.” Jongin   agreed. “This is my favourite room too.” He admitted as he crossed the room to where a Mac Pro and a sound system were sitting on a black worktop. He sat down in a leather office chair, it squeaking slightly under the new weight. “Come and sit. I’ll show you some stuff.” He said, patting an identical chair next to his.

He logged on and soon a track with a strong drum beat and running base line was blasting through the wall speakers.

“This is a solid be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter