Chapter 5

Look at Me Only (단지 날 보세요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello!” The first boy at the table cried as I approached him on the other side to him. I remembered his name to be Sehun. “How’re you?”

 

“I-I err. Hi?” I stuttered a little, noticing Jihye talking animatedly to the next member, a smile on her face.

 

“No need to be nervous.” Sehun said with a smile chuckle. “I don’t bite, much.”

 

“That’s not worrying at all.” I retorted.

 

“Oh. Are you foreign?” He asked, eyebrows raised. I started back at him, eyes wide, embarrassment clear on my face. “Sorry, that was rude of me. It’s just you have a bit of an accent.” He admitted. “Are you Korean-American?”

 

“Oh I’m half British, half Korean.” I explained. “Are you Korean-American?”

 

“Nope, I’m just Korean. Most fans know that though.” He said curiously.

 

I blushed a little, “I err, technically I’m only here with best friend Jihye, I signalled to my left. She needed someone to come with her. But I think after your amazing performances I’m officially a fan now!” I explained carefully, trying not to offend him.

 

“Awesome, well thank you for supporting us! It’s nice s-speak someone in English.” Sehun said in his broken English. “I’ve not had much English practice since I’ve with EXO, I’m worried I’m losing my ability!” He continued in Korean

 

“It sounds good to me.” I lied in English.

 

“You even come with the cute British accent!” He noted.

 

“Some would call it a nuisance rather than cute.” I reminded. “But your performance was really something Sehun Ssi!”

 

 “I’m glad you liked it. Would you like a signature?” Sehun offered. “As a new fan, I’ll write you an extra special one!”

 

“That would be great thanks.”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“My name is Song Hyemin but can you address it to Abigail?” I asked cautiously. “I’m not a big fan of my Korean name. That’s A-B-I-G-A-I-L.” I spelt when I saw the dumbfounded look on his face.

 

“Fair dos.” Sehun nodded and next to me I saw Jihye move on to the next member. He finished off writing his message on the back of the poster with his face on it. “Well it was lovely to meet you, new fan Abigail!”

 

“Thank you” I bowed politely before moving on to the next member.

 

One by one I went through the next members. D.O was sweet and thankful when I complimented his beautiful voice. Lay, who I found out was one of the Chinese members of the group, was a little shy but excited to have a new fan. Suho happily discussed his favourite song that they had worked on so far, as well as expressing his delight in being able to meet fans before they made a comeback. Chen excitedly told me how happy he was that I enjoyed his singing and how much he had been working to improve his performance. After I had bowed to Xiumin, I moved to stand in front of the next member, Kai. The members who I had already spoken to had begun to chat amongst themselves as I had been the last fan in the queue.

 

“You’re the last one.” The boy – Kai– noted as if he was reading mind. He seemed to be staring at me intensely.

 

“Y-yes.” I said nervously. Up close, there was something oddly familiar about his person, how he was sitting and his voice but I brushed it off without thinking about it anymore. “There was a bit of pushing so we decided to stay out of it.”

 

“A sensible idea. Thank you for waiting so patiently.” He stated, twirling a black pen around is fingers subconsciously. I couldn’t help but be transfixed by his perfectly sculpted face.

 

“Thank you for sitting here for so long.” I replied with a smile. “You’re performances were really amazing tonight. Your dance in the last song, I err forgot the name, sorry.”

 

“Oh in Overdose?” Kai replied in confusion.

 

“Yes, sorry.” I felt a tinge of red wash over my cheeks. “In honesty, I wasn’t actually a fan before tonight. I was just here to make sure my best friend got to see her favourite group.” I explained as I gestured to Jihye, who I could see was definitely blushing in front of Chanyeol, who she’d finally managed to meet.

 

“Wow that’s committed.” He replied.

 

“But d-don’t worry. You’re great performances have made me a fan!” I continued quickly. “You’re Kai Ssi right? The dancer?”

 

“Indeed. I am him.” Kai replied cheekily. “I’m glad you at least know my name.”

 

“You’re welcome I guess?” I said awkwardly, not knowing how to respond to a celebrity complimenting me for knowing their name at their fan meeting. “You’re a great performer.”

 

“I’m glad to hear it!” He paused for a moment and seemed to take a long and deep breath.  “So you didn’t recognise me before today then?” He asked carefully.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter