Chapter 6

Look at Me Only (단지 날 보세요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I continued to stare at the numbers, as if they were going to disappear or change if I glanced away for a moment. Why would Kim Jongin, the charismatic dancer of a talented SME group, be leaving his number in a signature to someone who wasn’t even a true fan? It didn’t make any sense. In fact, it seemed as though it was a mistake, surely. Should I check? It would be embarrassing if it was a mistake, but then at least I would know.

I reached across to the bedside table, and pull my phone off the charging lead. It still wasn’t even charged half way, but it would have to do. Unlocking it, I opened the kakao messenger app slowly. Typing in the number, digit by digit carefully, I pressed enter. A single profile appeared, the screen name appearing as Jonginnn, written in English with a small profile picture that I couldn’t make out. After a moment of hesitation I clicked on the profile, proceeding to the message section.

The cursor on the screen flashed on and off repeatedly as I stared directly at it, unable to think. What should I write? 5 minutes flashed by and still I had no answer. But somehow my fingers began to type.

Abigail ~: Hello. This is Song Hyemin, from the fan meeting. Did you accidently give me this number? [13:54]

I locked my phone and quickly through it to the other side of the bed. Was that a bad idea? Trying to push it to the back of my mind, I got up and headed into the kitchen to see if Hyunwoo was around to bother.

As I entered the living room kitchen area, I could see Hyunwoo lying one of the black leather sofas, a tub of ice cream in one hand, a box of Capri Suns lying open on is lap, engrossed in the drama taking place on the TV.

“I knew I wasn’t drinking that many Capri Suns.” I exclaimed as came to sit down next to him with a ‘thump.’

“Guilty as charged.” Hyunwoo grinned back. “They’re just too good to share. Sorry Abs.”

I crossed my arms in mock stubbornness. “That’s not very nice Hyunwoo. Y’know I wish Jihye was here to see this now. Ice cream, dramas, are you sure you’re not secretly a hormonal teenage girl Oppa?” I teased. “She never believes me when I say that you’re the one wanting to watch dramas, not me.”

“Hey, this is a great drama!” Hyunwoo replied, ignoring my girl comment. “Seo Inguk is a great actor.” He continued as I sighed and shook my head. “Ahh so Abs, how was yesterday? You came home too late, so I didn’t see you to ask.”

“It was surprisingly good actually.” I said honestly. “EXO were actually very good performers, all live and everything. In fact Jihye and I got to meet the group members too. Apparently she had special tickets or something.”

“Wow I bet she loved that.”

“Yep. I think I’m gonna go deaf prematurely now. But it was worth it because Jihye had a great time.”

“You’re cute Abs. But next Friday, stay with me and watch Doctor Stranger. I’m going through the series from episode one on Fridays.” Hyunwoo whined.

“You know I didn’t like that drama. You’re only watching it because it has Jin Seyeon in it.” I commented.

“Not true.” He stuck his tongue out at me. “But she is a dream to watch.” He continued. “Besides, Lee Jongseok is it this too. You like him?”

“I guess.”

“It’s good practise for your Korean.” Hyunwoo reasoned.

I laughed. “I’ll watch it Oppa don’t worry! There’s no need to list off all the reasons you can think of.”

“Good. Then if you’re so eager, watch the rest of this episode with me. The advert break is about it finish.”

“Fine.”

 

*

 

A few hours had passed, I had ended up watching three more episodes once Hyunwoo had started using his aegyo. To prevent him from continuing, I agreed. Anything is better than Hyunwoo’s aegyo, it’s scientifically proven.

I headed back to my room, my eyes feeling a little worn from watching the screen for too long. As I entered my room as was about to sit on my bed I noticed my phone lying face down on the duvet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter